Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Peeps, issue two was amazing! So happy I got a chance to review it. Love that David is upgrading Dagger's powers a little bit! They need some growth!

They're setting up Daredevil to be a leader for sure, so maybe Conan will be leaving at some point, who knows. Great stuff though!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I haven't read the issue yet, maybe by the weekend but Conan will for sure be leaving. You are aware Marvel lost the Rights, yes? Speculation is that is at the end of the calendar year(2022).
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I haven't read the issue yet, maybe by the weekend but Conan will for sure be leaving. You are aware Marvel lost the Rights, yes? Speculation is that is at the end of the calendar year(2022).
    Well I'm not one to say for sure. Marvel may have something planned, but like I said, if he does leave they have Daredevil set up perfectly to be the leader.
    Pulls:

Any ideas on how Devil Dinosaur ended up in the Hyborian Age?

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Davison View Post
    Well I'm not one to say for sure. Marvel may have something planned, but like I said, if he does leave they have Daredevil set up perfectly to be the leader.
    Sad, I think they should have brought Blade in to be the leader

Mighty Member

Not a fan of how Cloak has been written so far. He's still simping hard for Tandy and has been portrayed as being so weak and useless. Two issues in and he's already getting dragged by Elektra and Conan as being both soft and cowardly. Not a good look for Ty so far, hopefully he has better showings in future issues but maybe this is just how the writer sees him.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Sad, I think they should have brought Blade in to be the leader
    I mean if Conan leaves, I'm sure they could add someone like Blade.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    I would imagine it would be cause there were dinosaurs like him maybe? Or this is just him in the past. I'm not big on my Devil Dino knowledge, so I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Not a fan of how Cloak has been written so far. He's still simping hard for Tandy and has been portrayed as being so weak and useless. Two issues in and he's already getting dragged by Elektra and Conan as being both soft and cowardly. Not a good look for Ty so far, hopefully he has better showings in future issues but maybe this is just how the writer sees him.
    The writer's a huge fan of both. I mean Cloak did something really cool in issue 2! I think Ty will shine more later on. Just give it time. Now that the team is together, I mean Cloak did what he could against a freaking dino. Unfortunately, his powers do limit him. He's not as physical as Tandy is. Maybe his powers will evolve too. Also I'm assuming this takes place very close to the end of the last mini series, or close to it. So they're recently trying to be together again. But I don't think he was written too into Tandy so far.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 06-13-2022 at 01:44 AM.
    Pulls:

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Davison View Post
    I mean if Conan leaves, I'm sure they could add someone like Blade.

I would imagine it would be cause there were dinosaurs like him maybe? Or this is just him in the past. I'm not big on my Devil Dino knowledge, so I'm not sure.

The writer's a huge fan of both. I mean Cloak did something really cool in issue 2! I think Ty will shine more later on. Just give it time. Now that the team is together, I mean Cloak did what he could against a freaking dino. Unfortunately, his powers do limit him. He's not as physical as Tandy is. Maybe his powers will evolve too. Also I'm assuming this takes place very close to the end of the last mini series, or close to it. So they're recently trying to be together again. But I don't think he was written too into Tandy so far.
    Given his powerset of darkforce manipulation Cloak should be the "team's" biggest gun, the most versatile member. But so far he comes off as the weakest, the dinosaur move was ok I guess but come on, the guy should be veteran hero but comes off as a rookie. All in all I like the book and cast so far and I will give it time to see how it develops. Cloak is one of my favorite characters and he gets so little appearances. Hopefully he gets to shine soon.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Elektra and Conan are hardly good judges of character themselves.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    are we sure that's who it's supposed to be. this is a pretty book but the writer seems to be writing entirely new characters and calling them by names of the characters that he was assigned.

I also think we can't overlook the impact of the initial fight with Deathlok + the time jump - outside of Dagger it seems that all the powered characters were affected (though Clay seemed better off for it). Even in a weakened state, Cloak absorbed (or whatever, not up on his Darkforce power) Devil Dinosaur, and then unleashed him when the team needed it most. Cloak is the only reason the team escaped.

I do hope (and truly believe) the powered characters will be back in sync with their abilities soon - it would be nice for all fans to see their fave at the top of their game.

As for Elektra - honestly she's just an arrogant character (and I do love that about her). Even if Cloak was in top form I guarantee she would have found something to complain about lol. I do think she'll soften to him/the team eventually though.

At any rate, even if it came across as a weak showing to fans, these two issues are making me a Cloak and Dagger fan!

Quote Originally Posted by mortari View Post
    are we sure that's who it's supposed to be. this is a pretty book but the writer seems to be writing entirely new characters and calling them by names of the characters that he was assigned.
    Huh? Like who? I mean it very well could not be devil dino, but I can think of other characters like that?
    Pulls:

Did you guys catch Tandy's power growth in the last issue of Savage Avengers! Man I love that she's evolving!

I'm excited for the next arc, looks like 2099 timeline! Can't wait to see Cloak and Dagger in the future!
    Pulls:

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The Light Armor she kicked up when Cloak and Anti-Venom were having their verbal spate? That was interesting.

Conan is dead. Long Live Conan.

I'm curious if/when Deathlok turns sides and eager to see Punisher 2099 next issue.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The Light Armor she kicked up when Cloak and Anti-Venom were having their verbal spate? That was interesting.

Conan is dead. Long Live Conan.

I'm curious if/when Deathlok turns sides and eager to see Punisher 2099 next issue.
    I feel like Miles may be in control for now. So I think he'll be on the team, maybe. But with Punisher replacing Conan, I'm not sure if he will be a main team member, or like a character who is doint his own thing.
    Pulls: