Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Looks like it's cancelled already. Marvel have lost Conan.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/cona...marvel-comics/
    That doesn't mean that it will be canceled, they could always pay for using him. Or if not, once this arc ends they could end his story with him staying back in his home. There is still plenty of team members and other heroes who can take his place.

Also I got to read my review copy, and my review is in my link below. But it was a great first issue! Plenty of action, and great writing. It was a build up issue for sure, as David had a lot to cover, but it looks like it's going to be a great series. David is a HUGE Cloak and Dagger fan, so I'm excited!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm curious then about the right and left hands at Marvel.

Marvel publishing: Hey lets restart Savage Avengers with Conan, have "team members" different from the first, new mission.
    Marvel suits: Sounds good, do it. - - - -[later in a private boardroom] Hey guys has the extension come through on the Conan license? No, I'm sue it'll get approved though.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Marvel should have purchased Conan outright. Oh well. Another dumb move.

He'll be public domain in 2031. But yeah, that's nine years where they can't use him.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I hope people give this series a chance. David is a big fan of these characters, with or without Conan. This series could go so many different ways. Also it's hard to believe marvel didn't know this was going to happen. I'm sure people will have back ups.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

So when does this debut? I love the art in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    So when does this debut? I love the art in this thread.
    It's already out. check your LCS or Marvel app!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    It's already out. check your LCS or Marvel app!
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Davison View Post
    I hope people give this series a chance. David is a big fan of these characters, with or without Conan. This series could go so many different ways. Also it's hard to believe marvel didn't know this was going to happen. I'm sure people will have back ups.
    I'm actually more inclined to read it without Conan. He never seemed a fit for this type of team.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I'm actually more inclined to read it without Conan. He never seemed a fit for this type of team.
    I get why they dubbed a book with Conan in it as "Savage", under any banner, but his exclusion that is forthcoming doesn't mean there aren't still "Savage" enough MCU characters to warrant the title Savage Avengers. Now, is that true for Cloak and Dagger? I think not but it is true for Elektra, Venom, Punisher, Black Widow, Wolverine, Deathlok, Anti-Venom and Weapon H.
    I suppose depending on how much the Editor allows a writer to get that Black Knight could be shown in a "savage" state.
    Frankly you could move Blade and Ghost Rider over from Jason Aaron's main title into this one.

I did get issue one and depending on the course of the title when Conan leaves I may stay with it despite initially stating I wouldn't. The impending departure of Conan has swayed me to take a second look at what the title could be now.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Fire hurts symbiotes?????? Thats a new one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellscream View Post
    Fire hurts symbiotes?????? Thats a new one for me.
    Amazing Spider-man #375 (Jan 1993) - note what he says in the first top panel, "...surrounded by fire, one of the few things that can hurt us."
    You must be a newer reader, that's ok, lots to always learn.

Venom_Fire.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I get why they dubbed a book with Conan in it as "Savage", under any banner, but his exclusion that is forthcoming doesn't mean there aren't still "Savage" enough MCU characters to warrant the title Savage Avengers. Now, is that true for Cloak and Dagger? I think not but it is true for Elektra, Venom, Punisher, Black Widow, Wolverine, Deathlok, Anti-Venom and Weapon H.
    I suppose depending on how much the Editor allows a writer to get that Black Knight could be shown in a "savage" state.
    Frankly you could move Blade and Ghost Rider over from Jason Aaron's main title into this one.

I did get issue one and depending on the course of the title when Conan leaves I may stay with it despite initially stating I wouldn't. The impending departure of Conan has swayed me to take a second look at what the title could be now.
    Agreed! Hell if they brought Blade back over and then Ghost Rider, this book shoots up to the top of my reading preferences.