Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Default Cloak and Dagger: Savage Avengers

SAVAGE-AVENGERS-Promo.jpg
    I didn't see a thread about Cloak and Dagger, so I thought I'd make this! I'm so excited for this series! I'm going to order like 10 copies haha. I'm a huge Cloak and Dagger fan and I've been begging for them to join a team. So please support this book! Ahhh! I can't wait for May!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

I wonder how Tyrone and Tandy will react to the Hyborean societies. I presume that there will be some in-story gimmick for them to understand the most common language (Hyborean "English"). Depending on how long the adventures last, I wonder if they will encounter monsters, demons, pirates, etc. Dagger's light powers will seem formidable to many. As will Cloak's darkforce powers. I'm sure that Conan would think that Cloak's teleporting would help him be an excellent thief. This could be a provocative exchange between Conan and Tyrone (Ty: "Where I come from, I tried to avoid embracing some damned stereotype, and you think being a thief's the best career going..")

I'm sure some Hyborean villains would want to be able to manipulate the light and darkness powers they have.

I have no idea whether Ty and Tandy are "seeing each other" at this point. If not, there's certainly the general opportunity for romance in this new world they are exploring.

I think they are a weird fit for the rest of the characters here, but I'm willing and waiting to be proven wrong....

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    I think they are a weird fit for the rest of the characters here, but I'm willing and waiting to be proven wrong....
    I have to agree....of all the characters Marvel could have chosen...why these two? I'm sure they will have a reason, but these are the least likely candidates. I love Cloak & Dagger...this is just not how I see them.

I'm always interested to see Elektra team up with more/new characters. If I'm thinking right, this is the first time she's interacted with either of them (outside some alternate reality). I'm looking forward to learning more about them!

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I have to agree....of all the characters Marvel could have chosen...why these two? I'm sure they will have a reason, but these are the least likely candidates. I love Cloak & Dagger...this is just not how I see them.
    Secret Avengers would be the perfect place for Cloak and Dagger.

Actually the writer picked them. So that's how, we've followed each other on Twitter for awhile, and he posted a bunch of stuff about this. He also said that each person is on the team for a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I wonder how Tyrone and Tandy will react to the Hyborean societies. I presume that there will be some in-story gimmick for them to understand the most common language (Hyborean "English"). Depending on how long the adventures last, I wonder if they will encounter monsters, demons, pirates, etc. Dagger's light powers will seem formidable to many. As will Cloak's darkforce powers. I'm sure that Conan would think that Cloak's teleporting would help him be an excellent thief. This could be a provocative exchange between Conan and Tyrone (Ty: "Where I come from, I tried to avoid embracing some damned stereotype, and you think being a thief's the best career going..")

I'm sure some Hyborean villains would want to be able to manipulate the light and darkness powers they have.

I have no idea whether Ty and Tandy are "seeing each other" at this point. If not, there's certainly the general opportunity for romance in this new world they are exploring.
    Last we saw them in the miniseries they got the new costumes from, they did get back together, I believe.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 02-06-2022 at 03:24 AM.
    Pulls:

I just can't take any comic with Conan in the Marvel Universe seriously.

Mighty Member

I tried out Savage Avengers when it first launched, but it didn't really do anything for me. I've always liked the visuals of Cloak and Dagger, but they don't ever do anything for me either. Regardless, a team as unique as this one has my absolute attention. I'm absolutely giving it a solid three or four issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    I just can't take any comic with Conan in the Marvel Universe seriously.
    this as well

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    That Jenny Frison cover is everything! I'd never thought I'd see C&D drawn by her. I'm so happy for this series!
    Pulls:

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I'm not usually a fan of Frisson as I find her work a little stiff and lacking depth, but that's a very cool cover.

I'm not usually a fan of Frisson as I find her work a little stiff and lacking depth, but that's a very cool cover.
    i hope this can be a large poster. how can you request it?

I hope for the best for this duo. But like the last team after the Empyre event. I doubt the team stay together.