Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Batman/Catwoman #10 Preview

Batman/Catwoman #10 Preview
    Writer: Tom King
    Artist: Clay Mann

The rare Catwoman and Joker relationship dynamic.

(I think I remember a comic where Selina realized Joker was jealous of her relationship with Batman).

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The rare Catwoman and Joker relationship dynamic.

(I think I remember a comic where Selina realized Joker was jealous of her relationship with Batman).
    I'm really excited to see how the end of issue 9, with the three timelines converging in the same action - builds into this one.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm really excited to see how the end of issue 9, with the three timelines converging in the same action - builds into this one.
    Friggin' finally! Cannot wait

BANNED

It seems like the series will never end.

Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    It has dragged on in typical King style.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    It has dragged on in typical King style.
    It's really simple, ignore it and don't read it. It is bizarre how you haters fixate on something that can't actually hurt you in real life.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

BANNED

Well the series should have been named joker/Catwoman instead. The pathetic writing of Tom King continues to sink to lower levels. The story is dragging along to reveal some big secret in the last issue which truly just comes across as King trying hard to get real edgy and push the narrative at a snail's pace because he didn't have a #@*"' story to tell. What a loser!

Please don't tell me this was indicating that Helena could turn out to be Joker's daughter...

I really dig this issue, though all of theories about Helena being Joker's daughter definitely make me nervous. That's not how I read it, but I can see how it might happen...but when, exactly, are we theorizing that she was conceived? That doesn't make sense to me, personally. But we'll have to wait till 11 and 12...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Well the series should have been named joker/Catwoman instead. The pathetic writing of Tom King continues to sink to lower levels. The story is dragging along to reveal some big secret in the last issue which truly just comes across as King trying hard to get real edgy and push the narrative at a snail's pace because he didn't have a #@*"' story to tell. What a loser!
    I'm sure Tom King is very hurt by your words that he'll never read. Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    It's really simple, ignore it and don't read it. It is bizarre how you haters fixate on something that can't actually hurt you in real life.
    I like Mann's art and I was hoping it would be a good series, excited about the Phantasm being in it. It's just dragged on as the series as gone along.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I really dig this issue, though all of theories about Helena being Joker's daughter definitely make me nervous. That's not how I read it, but I can see how it might happen...but when, exactly, are we theorizing that she was conceived? That doesn't make sense to me, personally. But we'll have to wait till 11 and 12...
    I certainly hope King doesn't go this far, but that's King so who knows. This would be like the Sins Past of the Batman mythos. I don't care if this book isn't really in continuity, it's like having Eobard Thawne impregnate Iris West and Barry thinking it's his kid all along. There are lines you just don't cross in comics, whether it's canon or not. But after what King did with Adam Strange I just don't know what to think of him anymore. I guess DC just lets him do whatever he wants because it doesn't affect their main line so they just don't seem to care. They didn't allow Batman to perform certain acts on Catwoman in the Harley Quinn TV show or didn't let Peacemaker talk smack about him, but if they actually allowed The Joker to impregnate his wife here, this company's priorities are just baffling to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I certainly hope King doesn't go this far, but that's King so who knows. This would be like the Sins Past of the Batman mythos. I don't care if this book isn't really in continuity, it's like having Eobard Thawne impregnate Iris West and Barry thinking it's his kid all along. There are lines you just don't cross in comics, whether it's canon or not. But after what King did with Adam Strange I just don't know what to think of him anymore. I guess DC just lets him do whatever he wants because it doesn't affect their main line so they just don't seem to care. They didn't allow Batman to perform certain acts on Catwoman in the Harley Quinn TV show or didn't let Peacemaker talk smack about him, but if they actually allowed The Joker to impregnate his wife here, this company's priorities are just baffling to me.
    I don't think he will. But he could! It would be pretty darn close to Sins Past - except that it's explicitly Elseworlds, so that doesn't matter as much.

DC's priorities are always very goofy. They let Morrison do what he did to Talia and Batman, then halfheartedly retcon it, then retcon it back...it's so bizarre

Boy I have to say I’m a little afraid of the Helena as Jokers daughter thing. Now that it’s almost over and I’ve shed the burden of my own expectations I’m intrigued to see this conclusion of Catwomand story as she deals with the two competing men and two different sides of herself. I think the daughter thing would make sense if that’s the angle, I’ll wait to see how it goes when it’s shown but without any context I don’t like it. Not that I have any issue with an early Joker Catwoman romance I just don’t want Bruce’s heir to be the child of the Joker despite how symbolic and blah blah that’s supposed to be. Which probably makes me a massive hypocrite as I love the dynamic with Aqualad-Aquaman-Black Manta but I’m not feeling it here.