Default River Tam (Serenity) vs Batman & Robin ('66-'68)

River Tam (Serenity) vs Batman & Robin (Adam West and Burt Ward).

Unarmed HTH combat only.

Arena match.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    River Tam (Serenity) vs Batman & Robin (Adam West and Burt Ward).

Unarmed HTH combat only.

Arena match.
    I realize how good Batman and Robin (West and Ward) were supposed to be but. really, roundhouse punches versus what River could do, I'm just not seeing this going well for the Dynamic Duo.

Edit: River versus the Green Hornet and Kato (Van Williams and Bruce Lee and only later, after Williams became a martial arts student himself) might be closer but, compared to River...
    Last edited by Powerboy; 02-04-2022 at 08:52 PM.
    Power with Girl is better.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I realize how good Batman and Robin (West and Ward) were supposed to be but. really, roundhouse punches versus what River could do, I'm just not seeing this going well for the Dynamic Duo.

Edit: River versus the Green Hornet and Kato (Van Williams and Bruce Lee and only later, after Williams became a martial arts student himself) might be closer but, compared to River...
    I cannot believe you are complaining about one of these groups choreography while ignoring the other. ^_^

I guess River wins this by tappy-tappy ballet-fu being superior to wild roundhouse punches. :D
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I cannot believe you are complaining about one of these groups choreography while ignoring the other. ^_^

I guess River wins this by tappy-tappy ballet-fu being superior to wild roundhouse punches.
    In fairness, I've only seen "Serenity" once and that was back when it was in theatres. I've seen episodes of the '60s Batman very recently and fairly consistently for a long time so it's much clearer in my mind than what River did.

What I was really thinking about was that, in "Batman", there will typically be three opponents, maybe four, including the arch-villain. While Robin beats one, Batman will fight the other three. He will punch one, then the next, then the next. By that time, the first guy is back up and attacking again, successfully punching him. Batman hits him again. Second guy now back up and manages to hit Batman. Batman decks him again. Arch-villain back up and attacking. Gets decked. First guy on his feet and attacking yet again...

I don't have much memory of the Serenity fights but I was thinking that she hit a guy and he stayed hit. That may be inaccurate to what happened. But I was mostly going with the results as I remember them that she was portrayed as dropping people in their tracks.

Well, I found it on youtube and watched it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoMpau_B2Io

Equally bad as far as realism. But faster, multiple opponents, etc. And they tend to stay down.
    Power with Girl is better.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'm not in disagreement with who wins, no question there.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate