Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Reacher

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I watched Reacher S2 earlier this week in two sittings. I enjoyed this season just as much as the first. I've never read a book but seen the Cruise films also.
    I keep hearing...he's a lone wolf. Ok, well sure, to a degree. Once things are happening the situations present him with a cast to work with.
    S1 that core was Roscoe, Finley and Neagley.
    S2 that core is Dixon, O'Donnell and Neagley.

We get flashbacks to the other Special Investigators but we got flashbacks in S1 with Joe, those don't take away from the Loner vibe.

As a comic book fan it was interesting to see that A.M. used a comic book as part of his ruse while traveling. That quote he said twice was creepy, but true "the good guy always wins". I think he saw himself as the good guy though. In episode 3 or 4 when the group is coming back into NYC and are pulled over the cops name badge says F. Miller. That can't be a coincidence.
    In episode one when the bad guys are hunting down their prey and an alias used is Sarah Connor and Robert Patrick quips back "how they hell should I know who that is?" Solid easter egg.

The Officers club brawl in the flashback was fun even if telegraphed. The biker gang fight was awesome. The final fight in the helicopter was tense.
    Can't wait for S3

Grade: A
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Watched season 2 a couple weeks back. Thought it was great! Look forward to season 3.

Never read a Reacher book. Thought the first Cruise outing was basically a perfect noir thriller.

I liked both seasons. I loved the "scenes we want to see" in the last episode.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Damn good show. Why can't we get more stuff like this? Hearing the ratings are off the charts.

Astonishing Member

I made the mistake of watching Reacher S2 before Echo. This a damn good series. Enjoyed S1 as well. Now this is quality TV IMO, not hot garbage like SI and Echo.

Niffleheim

I liked season 1 more than season 2. I hope we go back to the same framing as season 1 with solo Reacher and keep Team-Reacher away from me.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Watched season 2 a couple weeks back. Thought it was great! Look forward to season 3.

Never read a Reacher book. Thought the first Cruise outing was basically a perfect noir thriller.
    I think the Cruise movies don't get enough credit, personally. Everyone pissed and moaned he was too short, but the acting and plotting was top notch

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I liked season 1 more than season 2. I hope we go back to the same framing as season 1 with solo Reacher and keep Team-Reacher away from me.
    But as I noted in my post Reacher in S1 isn't solo. He has Roscoe, Finley and Neagley....that is a team.
    S2 had Dixon and O'Donnell replace those and you still have Neagley. Are you hung up on the flashbacks?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    But as I noted in my post Reacher in S1 isn't solo. He has Roscoe, Finley and Neagley....that is a team.
    S2 had Dixon and O'Donnell replace those and you still have Neagley. Are you hung up on the flashbacks?
    Yeah, having read a good number of the books, I can say that Reacher is never solo.

He doesn't have a supporting cast, but he usually has someone helping him with the case who is competent and helpful. Though their fates can vary...

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I don't mind flashbacks and I just don't like Team-Reacher ASSEMBLE! and all the inspectors fight together (I stopped watching Arrowverse a season or 2 in bc of this crap I don't want it in Reacher)
    Last edited by Tofali; 01-29-2024 at 07:10 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I think the Cruise movies don't get enough credit, personally. Everyone pissed and moaned he was too short, but the acting and plotting was top notch
    I liked the two Reacher movies as well.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Finally had the chance to watch the last three episodes of Season 2 tonight. Loved it.

When the prosecutors talk to the senator, their entire pitch should be: "Plead guilty, life in prison no parole. If not, we'll let you back on the streets. Good luck avoiding Reacher, you've seen what he does to people who piss him off."
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

You know the only complaint I have about this series? It's the fact that Reacher keeps using cell phones from the people he takes down, and those phones have no security. No passcodes or Face ID to get into it. That drives me crazy.

Other than than I've loved both seasons, and I'm looking forward to season 3.