Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Dazzler, the Shining Light of KrakoArakko Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...80505104207877

Where he did an impromptu Q & A, and revealed the following:

Dazzler was ineligible for the vote because of REDACTED...
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Thanks for getting that down for us.

Interesting comments, Dazzler might be showing up somewhere, Sunfire highlight in 9, and something for Rogue? Huh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Thank you for all of this!
    My pleasure, reading it was relieving, as much as it was revealing. And it gave me some ideas. Last we saw Dazzler was the Way of X Onslaught finale, which will be Legion of X next, but she hasn't been shown to be included. She is set to appear in Feb.'s Devil's Reign: X-Men #2, though, written by Gerry for a flashback story I think.

But that thing about the "spark" does fit her, and Juggernaut will be there, who's a *real big* fan. ...
    There's not much to add at this time, other than the hope is as always, that we hear something affirmative ASAP.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, Cain's starstruck vibes whenever he was around Ali were always funny as hell and I'd love to see more interactions between them in the modern era.

Also for the love of god can somebody PLEASE put Ali, Longshot and Shatterstar in a room together and catch them all up to speed on who everyone is to each other? I don't need Ali and Shatterstar to be the new Cyclops and Cable or define Ali just by her relationship with Shatterstar, please no, not the intent of this at all its just....

This has been a dangling plot thread for so long its just ridiculous at this point lol. Please just have a conversation that reveals to you that this man is your son who you thought was dead. Please. Just one single convo even, its been 84 years halfshlafhaflhflakhfl.

Spectacular Member

I'm hoping Dazzler sleuths can help with this. I stumbled across this "poster" on pinterest that I'm guessing was fan made since it's a mix-match of poses/sizes & artists (I see Jim Lee & I think Kubert), but my curiosity is the Dazzler picture. I cannot place it ANYWHERE from her appearances -- anyone have an idea where it is from?

poster-dazzler.jpg

poster-xmen.jpg
    Last edited by tetragene; 02-17-2022 at 08:37 PM.

Astonishing Member

I actually don't think that's fanmade.....I remember seeing that in comics in the 90s, like a regular thing....like I think it was an insert page in a bunch of different issues one year but I can't recall what it was advertising....I think someone just took the base compilation of figures absent of whatever promo text was slapped on top of it. It DEFINITELY feels really familiar, I just can't place it though, but the layout and everything about is ringing bells. I want to say though that timewise its probably from after Dazzler and Longshot left the team to go help the rebellion in Mojoworld, but before they were next seen again in X-Men 47 or whatever the issue with the X-babies was.

Spectacular Member

thanks for the info -- I might need to go look for the box my old loose 90s comics are in to see if I can find it somewhere in the pile lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tetragene View Post
    thanks for the info -- I might need to go look for the box my old loose 90s comics are in to see if I can find it somewhere in the pile lol
    LOL if it helps, the more I think about it the more I feel like it might not have been an insert page but from one of those comics with the fold-out covers, like it was an interior to some special issue with the covers you unfolded to be like three pages wide.

I'm hoping Dazzler sleuths can help with this. I stumbled across this "poster" on pinterest that I'm guessing was fan made since it's a mix-match of poses/sizes & artists (I see Jim Lee & I think Kubert), but my curiosity is the Dazzler picture. I cannot place it ANYWHERE from her appearances -- anyone have an idea where it is from?

poster-dazzler.jpg

poster-xmen.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I actually don't think that's fanmade.....I remember seeing that in comics in the 90s, like a regular thing....like I think it was an insert page in a bunch of different issues one year but I can't recall what it was advertising....I think someone just took the base compilation of figures absent of whatever promo text was slapped on top of it. It DEFINITELY feels really familiar, I just can't place it though, but the layout and everything about is ringing bells. I want to say though that timewise its probably from after Dazzler and Longshot left the team to go help the rebellion in Mojoworld, but before they were next seen again in X-Men 47 or whatever the issue with the X-babies was.
    It looks like a take on the Jim Lee era montage poster that, as mentioned, was part of a foldout.

The one the the OP inquired about looks like a mashup of different artists. Hard to tell from the size but the shape of Dazzler's face looks more like the work of Andy Kubert.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Spectacular Member

here's the image from pinterest, trying to attach it from my desktop kept shrinking it. Rogue is for sure Jim Lee (& Colossus & Beast?) & some look more like Kubert's work. Polaris is in her 3rd X-Factor costume which happened mid 1993 so that narrows the possible comics down slightly lol

here's the image from pinterest, trying to attach it from my desktop kept shrinking it. Rogue is for sure Jim Lee (& Colossus & Beast?) & some look more like Kubert's work. Polaris is in her 3rd X-Factor costume which happened mid 1993 so that narrows the possible comics down slightly lol

OK, seeing it larger I think its an artist copying the styles of Jim Lee for some, Alan Davis for others (the Excalibur group) and then maybe Andy Kubert and Whilce Portacio on a some of the other figures. That doesn't necessarily make it fan art but it might not have been something appearing in a main publication by Marvel but instead one of their coloring books or non-comic shop retail products (supermarket/fast food tie ins etc) where a production artist would be redrawing from sampled artwork.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Honestly, Cain's starstruck vibes whenever he was around Ali were always funny as hell and I'd love to see more interactions between them in the modern era.

Also for the love of god can somebody PLEASE put Ali, Longshot and Shatterstar in a room together and catch them all up to speed on who everyone is to each other? I don't need Ali and Shatterstar to be the new Cyclops and Cable or define Ali just by her relationship with Shatterstar, please no, not the intent of this at all its just....

This has been a dangling plot thread for so long its just ridiculous at this point lol. Please just have a conversation that reveals to you that this man is your son who you thought was dead. Please. Just one single convo even, its been 84 years halfshlafhaflhflakhfl.
    They are, same, & we came THISclose in X-Factor #9, w/Dazz & 'Star, at least:

... which I think is the closest they've come yet - HERE'S HOPING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    OK, seeing it larger I think its an artist copying the styles of Jim Lee for some, Alan Davis for others (the Excalibur group) and then maybe Andy Kubert and Whilce Portacio on a some of the other figures. That doesn't necessarily make it fan art but it might not have been something appearing in a main publication by Marvel but instead one of their coloring books or non-comic shop retail products (supermarket/fast food tie ins etc) where a production artist would be redrawing from sampled artwork.
    Agree, a Google image search of it only turned up a bunch of Pinterest links, pretty much.

A bit of encouraging Ali news came by way of one of Marvel's big promotional pushes, tho:

... when she recently joined the ranks of a bunch of other, choice X-GWEN-asized mutants...

by way of the blessed, mega-talented Russell DAUTERMAN, no less!!

And don't forget that Devil's Reign: X-Men #2 cover, it's out this wk.!

by way of the blessed, mega-talented Russell DAUTERMAN, no less!!
    Wow, Dazzler looks great!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 02-19-2022 at 09:47 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

what is Alison currently doing career wise? She lives on Krakoa now?

Is she back to being a mainstream pop singer?

Astonishing Member

I'd love to see a story teaming up Dazzler with fellow pop-singer superheroes Luna Snow and Radiance with them all performing together for some event!

BANNED

HYPE!style, et al.

ScreenRant: The X-Men's DAZZLER is Back With Her Own Mutant Band
    The world of Marvel's X-Force #9 proves not every part of X-Men comics is grim or dreary. That's thanks to the mutant singer Dazzler's hot new band rocking Krakoa's most happening nightspot, The Green Lagoon.

The Dazzler, aka Alison Blaire, has a checkered past as a musical artist; the promising talent has time and again been sidelined by anti-mutant prejudice and superheroic concerns, with Doctor Doom, the Enchantress, Hulk, and even Spider-Man disrupting performances and derailing Dazzler's career. Dazzler's new bandmate Lila Cheney employed Dazzler as a backup singer for a time, allowing her to keep a low profile while still performing. Dazzler's next musical incarnation put her at the front of the band Lightbringr, which sought to shed light on the plight of genetic minorities... until Blaire was again called into action. But things are looking up on Krakoa for both Dazzler and the Resurrections. ...

ScreenRant: Lizzo Is Helping To End Marvel's X-Men/Human War

Genre-transcending superstar Lizzo and everyone’s favorite musical X-Men member Dazzler could be the key to ending the long-lasting human/mutant war waging in Marvel Comics. Since the world first learned of the existence of mutants, they have been met with fear and hatred by the rest of humanity, and for much of their comics history they were treated like a persecuted minority. That all changed with the establishment of the mutant nation of Krakoa. The world changed overnight as mutants declared that they would no longer subject themselves to human laws and suppression. With the invention of miracle drugs that powered their economy, Krakoa became world’s fast-growing political superpower. ...

The path to ending this hostility may not be through diplomacy, but through art. In Children of the Atom #1, written by Vita Ayala with art by Bernard Chang, readers are introduced to a group of young mutants who have chosen not to move to Krakoa. They remain in the human world, attending their old school and keeping their mutant identities under wraps. One scene in the issue sees two of these mutants, Buddy and Carmen, discussing the mutant pop star Dazzler. Not only will Dazzler be performing an upcoming concert in the human world, but she also got singer and rapper Lizzo to feature on her new single.

Last edited by PolarIceFire; 02-21-2022 at 03:40 PM.

BANNED

And here's the cover to the aforementioned X-Factor #9:

AND, a li'l somethin' I put together myself 4 Dazz & Lizz: