Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Nice. I wonder where Dazzler will go after this book?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Nice. I wonder where Dazzler will go after this book?
    Yeah, I really liked it. Hard tellin', w/X-Terminators bein' a 5 issue mini & now pushed back to Sept. [last I knew], she'll be there through Jan. of neXt yr. Which doesn't necessarily preclude her from simultaneously appearing elsewhere, though, I suppose.

BUT... some potential clues could be:

1. Sunspot's mention in Red, of wanting to open a disco on Arakko.
    2. Her upcoming 'Sound of Light' novel later this fall, which also features Polaris, as well as Emma, Rachel, & Sage.
    3. X-Terminators has them battling the bloodsuckers in... NYC? Where of course the X-Men & the Treehouse are, along with...
      spoilers:
      Spider-Man, I'll just say, *for now*...
      end of spoilers

adding only that a... *parceling out*... may be in order, due to Mutants' *more than ever*... overabundance of resources?
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 07-11-2022 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Yeah, I really liked it. Hard tellin', w/X-Terminators bein' a 5 issue mini & now pushed back to Sept. [last I knew], she'll be there through Jan. of neXt yr. Which doesn't necessarily preclude her from simultaneously appearing elsewhere, though, I suppose.

BUT... some potential clues could be:

1. Sunspot's mention in Red, of wanting to open a disco on Arakko.
    2. Her upcoming 'Sound of Light' novel later this fall, which also features Polaris, as well as Emma, Rachel, & Sage.
    3. X-Terminators has them battling the bloodsuckers in... NYC? Where of course the X-Men & the Treehouse are, along with...
      spoilers:
      Spider-Man, I'll just say, *for now*...
      end of spoilers

adding only that a... *parceling out*... may be in order, due to Mutants' *more than ever*... overabundance of resources?
    Totally didn’t connect the dots there, but this one makes a lot of sense. I doubt Ewing just threw that out there without an intentional follow up to Roberto’s comment, which of course would mean Dazzler showing up at some point if he’s truly going to stage a disco comeback on Mars.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

I think she is going to RED when the mini is over. The disco mentions were too plentiful to not be something.

I just want her to show up somewhere after the mini. She's woefully under utilized in this new era. Put her on a team!!
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

BANNED

HEY NOW, here we go:

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

BANNED

CHECK IT, let's gooo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Aw, HELL... I was already anticipating this, obvs, but SEEING IT *realized*... is GIVING it a MAJOR BOOST!!

The most ANIME energy I've seen Gómez give yet, combined with the same from... THIS!

+Boom-Boom bein' almost like a crazy-fun, 1 *Ms. Leah* Williams...brought to 2D LIFE!!

Then we have JubeZ, bein' more *mature*... saucy & SASSY, as they all frolic 2gether free-spirited like, in the 2nd pg.

BUT DAZZ on that last full SPLASH, is the *crème de la crème* of the 3, in all her...

RETRO Charlie's Angels' Farrah Fawcett roller derby GLORY!!!

With a modern TWIST, tho. So yeah, this looks wildly entertaining, even more than eXpected. I think I might've said somethin' similar already when it was 1st announced, but this looks 2B⬜LEE in Williams' wheelhouse, and playin2 ALL her STRENGTHs. The most *signature* work yet, if you will, and hopefully a SHINING eXample of what she can deliver creatively. So *please*... give it a CHANCE! 🙏
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 07-11-2022 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomBoleyn View Post
    I think she is going to RED when the mini is over. The disco mentions were too plentiful to not be something.

I just want her to show up somewhere after the mini. She's woefully under utilized in this new era. Put her on a team!!
    I’d love to see her join up with the Cable-Thunderbird-Manifold secret conspiracy against Abigail Brand, while she’s there to help Roberto bring disco to Arakko. She’s been a secret agent before.

I'm slowly catching up on individual characters. I'm doing Jean, Storm and Magik right now, in-between various Iceman stories. Cable, Indra and Manifold are also on the list. I wanted to know of any really good, fun Dazzler stories I can get into before X-Terminators?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Hmm I was thinking about Dazzler and noticed I have no clue what she sounds like. Do any of you know what kind of songs she makes? I was thinking somethinglike Kylie Minogue but I may be off

BANNED

https://twitter.com/Artgerm/status/1547767194838110211
    Stanley Artgerm™ Lau
    @Artgerm

Here is my official variant of Dazzler for Judgement Day issue 6. You can preorder it at your local comic store. #dazzler

https://twitter.com/Magniflorious/st...15954436743168
    Daniel McNea
    @Magniflorious

Hellfire Gala was sooo last season. It's time for The Disco Ball!

#Dazzler #Xmen #TheDiscoBall ✨🪩✨

AND... an X-Terminators #2 variant, by interior artist Gómez:

Are Laura's claws always that li'l, or is it supposed to be that she's in the process of snikt...ing? Looks nuts, I like it.
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 07-19-2022 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Hmm I was thinking about Dazzler and noticed I have no clue what she sounds like. Do any of you know what kind of songs she makes? I was thinking somethinglike Kylie Minogue but I may be off
    The combination of song samples we've gotten seem to point in the Kylie/Elle Goulding direction.
    The on page references refer to her having a broad cross genre- voical quality.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Is strawberry blonde a color that's extinct in the mainstream comic publishing industry?

Spectacular Member

this was found in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Here’s some of the notes from the Claremont interview. It was 2 hours long and the way Chris talks I tried to capture the essence. So if some points are a bit long winded I apologize

1:04:55 Start talking about Dazzler. She was meant to be black and a hip hop kinda singer from Chicago. She was supposed to be more all American and kind of an anti-Storm. Modeled her after Grace Jones. But someone higher up saw Bo Derek and as Chris puts it “she became another boring blonde girl” a couple people in chat seemed to have gotten upset at that comment. Chris says he’s a blonde so he can say that
    this just furthers the thoughts I've long had that CC always had no interest for the character & probably held disdain for her (after UXM #221 he just seemed completely nonplussed by her & don't get me started on New Excalibur...) -- she was just another boring blonde? He mentions "we were making a pitch for this new singing character" but based off all accounts I read CC had zero input or involvement in any of the creation process for Dazzler. Also people correct me if I'm wrong because it's been a while since I've read the Dazzler interviews/behind-the-scenes -- but she was always intended to be disco & never hip-hop, right? Her original name went from Disco Queen to Disco Dazzler before finally just Dazzler, I thought. I don't remember ever reading about hip-hop.

Also I thought the Grace Jones thing was something JRjr pushed as the artist because she was big in the Studio 54 scene & wore skates on stage. I think JRjr said he got the silver jumpsuit idea from a girlfriend of his that wore one. The Grace Jones thing didn't get very far because in the very early stages of development they were already intending for a movie to be made with Casablanca contracted artists (like Donna Summer & Cher) & Bo Derek was tied to it as the lead. Am I misremembering these things? Is this just misinformation or are there some factual stories about the Dazzler creation process I've yet to read?

EDIT: new Mojoworld box-set shot from SDCC:

2022-SDCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-Preview 35__scaled_800.jpg
    Last edited by tetragene; 07-21-2022 at 05:12 AM.