Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Secret Invasion 2 in comics

Spectacular Member

Gotta hype the upcoming TV series, baby. Because Civil War 2 was such a resounding success, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I'm excited for the TV show, but I'll at least check out the first issue and see how it is.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I really hope this is called Secret Invasion 2 and not just Secret Invasion. Getting tired of Marvel recycling titles for their event comics (looking at you Inferno).

Also, isn't Maria Hill pretty much a poisoned chalice at this point? The general consensus seems to indicate that (on these forums at least).

Yet another sequel to an event no one asked for to tie-in to something in the MCU! Although I do enjoy Ryan North, this is probably the most conventional/serious book he's ever written for Marvel.

"I see her as this really competent, really clever woman who's great at her job," - I don't think that's been accurate for Hill in years. And considering how unlikable she is, I genuinely wonder if anyone will care about her as a lead character.

With Hill and Fury Jr. together I wonder if this is going to set up SHIELD coming back. And what team in the 90's have we not seen? Not the Kill Crew.

How does this even work with Teddy as a king? I mean I would love to believe he's wizened up & put spies on Earth that'd be savage but ya know "He's a good guy"

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    How does this even work with Teddy as a king? I mean I would love to believe he's wizened up & put spies on Earth that'd be savage but ya know "He's a good guy"
    Perhaps there someone who want to be emperor in his place behind the whole thing. Everyone need their own itznogoud....

Yeah, I wonder if Veranke is involved? She led the original Secret Invasion and just returned in Spider-Woman.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic
    Force
    Is
    Back
    !
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Incredible Member

When is Reed Richards finally going to get his skrull detector fixed?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yet another sequel to an event no one asked for to tie-in to something in the MCU!
    To be fair, leaving aside the "Secret Invasion" title, it was inevitable that we'd have a problem like that from Skrulls again at some point. Its sort of the whole point of the Skrulls in the first place--SECRET INVASION was not the first time we'd had a storyline of Skrulls infiltrating and invading Earth. Its been a recurring story with them since they were first introduced. It was just the first time we'd seen them do such on such a large scale and be so successful before they were ultimately stopped.

Although I do enjoy Ryan North, this is probably the most conventional/serious book he's ever written for Marvel.
    Ryan North is the main reason I am looking forward to seeing this. Plus it sounds like he's looking at it from a different angle and we're not just re-treading the original event.

"I see her as this really competent, really clever woman who's great at her job," - I don't think that's been accurate for Hill in years. And considering how unlikable she is, I genuinely wonder if anyone will care about her as a lead character.
    Her being clever and competent has remained true--its how she keeps getting back into positions of authority after repeatedly getting fired for crossing ethical lines, etc. She screws up...but then she manages to pull off some impressive feat which once again proves her worth and they stick her back in positions of power again. Few people in-story like her or respect her as a person at this point, but she's proven that she has a knack for getting the job done.

With Hill and Fury Jr. together I wonder if this is going to set up SHIELD coming back. And what team in the 90's have we not seen? Not the Kill Crew.
    I guess it depends on what exactly he means by "haven't seen in a while". The two main teams that come to mind for me as teams introduced in the 90s are the New Warriors and the Thunderbolts. Apart from cameos, we haven't really seen the New Warriors in a significant way for several years now. We were supposed to see them in their "Outlawed" tie-in mini, but that got shelved. As for the Thunderbolts, there is a group of villains using that name at the moment in "Devil's Reign", but the classic T-Bolts members haven't been together in ages and we also haven't seen a true team of Thunderbolts in the tradition of villains legitimately trying to be heroes in quite some time. Either of those could possibly work...though I'd lean more towards the Warriors just given North's history of projects with young heroes.

I wondered about the Great Lakes Avengers too (given their ties to Squirrel Girl, and North having mentioned fondness for them before), but they were introduced in '89. Of course, that's right on the border and they'd have carried into the 90s....so maybe its close enough to count.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Presumably it is a rogue faction of Skrulls who are not loyal to his Alliance. Its not like its the first time we've seen multiple different factions of Skrulls. Heck, its not even the first time we've seen Skrulls that have been disloyal to Teddy, since he nearly got overthrown by his wicked grandmother back in EMPYRE.

So far the only positive about this event for me is that Elektra didn't have to "die" to kick it off haha

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

On the other hand about the potential Secret Invasion 2....What if the "New Warriors" in Outlawed are rogue Skrulls all along?
    I mean, long time ago during the Secret Invasion hype in the late 2000s, there were speculations from fans that Tony Stark might be a Skrull because of his out-of-character behavior in Civil War. Though there were Skrulls who posed as Hank Pym, Spider-Woman and Frog-Man in Civil War and Initiative era.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

The sequel to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    To be fair, leaving aside the "Secret Invasion" title, it was inevitable that we'd have a problem like that from Skrulls again at some point. Its sort of the whole point of the Skrulls in the first place--SECRET INVASION was not the first time we'd had a storyline of Skrulls infiltrating and invading Earth. Its been a recurring story with them since they were first introduced. It was just the first time we'd seen them do such on such a large scale and be so successful before they were ultimately stopped.
    I realize that, it's just the set up for why it exists is pretty blatant to me even if it ends up being a good series.
    Ryan North is the main reason I am looking forward to seeing this. Plus it sounds like he's looking at it from a different angle and we're not just re-treading the original event.
    Which is fair.
    Her being clever and competent has remained true--its how she keeps getting back into positions of authority after repeatedly getting fired for crossing ethical lines, etc. She screws up...but then she manages to pull off some impressive feat which once again proves her worth and they stick her back in positions of power again. Few people in-story like her or respect her as a person at this point, but she's proven that she has a knack for getting the job done.
    So much stuff blows up in her face and gets worse for her involvement that I just can't see her as consistently clever or competent, but thank you for reminding me why she's the worst .
    I guess it depends on what exactly he means by "haven't seen in a while". The two main teams that come to mind for me as teams introduced in the 90s are the New Warriors and the Thunderbolts. Apart from cameos, we haven't really seen the New Warriors in a significant way for several years now. We were supposed to see them in their "Outlawed" tie-in mini, but that got shelved. As for the Thunderbolts, there is a group of villains using that name at the moment in "Devil's Reign", but the classic T-Bolts members haven't been together in ages and we also haven't seen a true team of Thunderbolts in the tradition of villains legitimately trying to be heroes in quite some time. Either of those could possibly work...though I'd lean more towards the Warriors just given North's history of projects with young heroes.

I wondered about the Great Lakes Avengers too (given their ties to Squirrel Girl, and North having mentioned fondness for them before), but they were introduced in '89. Of course, that's right on the border and they'd have carried into the 90s....so maybe its close enough to count.
    I think North could definitely do a good job with the Warriors.