Default Comics You Are Surprised Are Not Worth More Or More Loved By Everyone?

Here is a oddball topic. Is there a comic you think would be worth more or more loved that just isn't?

Maybe a comic you really enjoyed but no one else really talks about or a big hero or bad guy early comic that just flew under the radar and no one really goes after it?

For loved to me new warriors. First series was alot of fun and they did things like save the world when the avengers or x-men couldn't. Shame cw used them as "untrained" heroes. Bendis must have never read a nw comic at all.

[IMG][/IMG]

For not worth as much i'm still surprised Marvel Age #124 still goes for $1. It's the second appearance of squirrel girl in comics yet her third appearance goes for more!

[IMG][/IMG]

Any other?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    For loved to me new warriors. First series was alot of fun and they did things like save the world when the avengers or x-men couldn't. Shame cw used them as "untrained" heroes. Bendis must have never read a nw comic at all.
    Bendis didn't write the first Civil War. He wrote Civil War II, which didn't involve the New Warriors at all.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Oops. Guess i'm just used to bendis making the out of character stories.

Definitely, my choice would be Agent X from Gail Simone/UDON.
    Found this series most enjoyable. But sadly, hardly anyone ever mentions it (T^T)

Definitely, my next choice would be the Mike Grell run on Iron Man (Post-Heroes Reborn).
    Found the handling of Stark & his world rather interesting. But sadly, Grell's run is hardly ever mentioned among Iron Man enthusiasts...

Punisher_War_Journal_Vol_1_1.jpgPunisher War Journal. Carl Potts and Jim Lee were killing it and a lot of fans were enjoying it. I also thought it'd be worth more growing up.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 02-08-2022 at 02:31 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Definitely, my next choice would be the Mike Grell run on Iron Man (Post-Heroes Reborn).
    Found the handling of Stark & his world rather interesting. But sadly, Grell's run is hardly ever mentioned among Iron Man enthusiasts...

Grell's run is incredibly slept on. They just rereleased it. I have to admit I didn't realize how long it was the first time around.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I'm shocked the New Warriors aren't the number 1 comic at Marvel

They had it all back in the day. Diversity before diversity was even mentioned. Cosmic powers, mutants, links to the Atlantis,
    the Avengers, the F4 and original Guardians.

The original run was what brought me into comics. The story telling and art were amazing.

Not just new warriors (they were so liked at the time a new warriors cartoon was in the works at one point) but many of the 90s books were really huge then faded away.

Ghost rider, sleepwalker, darkhawk, named were huge. Darkhawk issue 1 was hard to find and high price.

All the heroes on secret defenders 1 were huge.

[IMG][/IMG]

Today most are forgot about. Crazy how things change.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Agreed on this one. Badly underrated run.

Definitely, my next choice would be Dr. Strange (1968, 1st series).
    The majority won't agree, but I've always liked the mysterious/masked version of Strange (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Punisher_War_Journal_Vol_1_1.jpgPunisher War Journal. Carl Potts and Jim Lee were killing it and a lot of fans were enjoying it. I also thought it'd be worth more growing up.
    Agreed. Early Jim Lee artwork should fetch a pretty penny nowadays (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-09-2022 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

I'm not sure, but wasn't Grell the writer that "unmasked" Iron Man-and just to save a dog, no less!

I think this might have been a sort of initiative Quesada had at the time, as Professor X outed himself as a mutant (and made the X-men far more public) and Daredevil was also unmasked around the same time...and eventually things sort of wound up with the stuff in Civil War. Although Spider-Man "put the genie back in the bottle" as I think Daredevil put it, Iron Man (although he eventually gave up on that) and Daredevil haven't been quite as successful.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth