Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Kraven vs Deathstroke

Kraven the Hunter (616) vs Deathstroke/Slade Wilson.

For Slade, comics version; not live action, not animated. If different comics versions give different results (due to DCU continuity resets, blah, blah, blah), specify which one you're using.

HTH unarmed combat only. No weapons, armor, gadgets, etc.

Arena match.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

More hard fight than against peak humans but again, personally giving this to Kraven.

With equipment, would edge to Slade in the arena (yes, even with the vest), but just HTH? Kraven easily fast enough and strong enough, and good enough to fight Slade (if not potentially faster and stronger), and is ridiculously tough.

Hard fight, though.

Mileage, it may vary.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

To belabour the point: an enraged Peter Parker hauls off and slugs Deathstroke in the face, when Deathstroke basically allows it - what happens?

Because we know what happens to Kraven: he spits blood, then grins.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    To belabour the point: an enraged Peter Parker hauls off and slugs Deathstroke in the face, when Deathstroke basically allows it - what happens?

Because we know what happens to Kraven: he spits blood, then grins.
    Yes, I know that Spider-Man is faster and stronger than Deathstroke.

But I was figuring this would be a fight because Deathstoke is such a superior fighter. Skill-wise, Slade is way beyond Spidey. Maybe equal to Captain America or Batman, but faster and stronger?

I was thinking, pressure-points, reading body-language with his "90% brain functions," and such like that.

I also think Slade speed-heals, but I'm not sure if it's at Wolverine levels. He hasn't regrown his lost eye, after all.

Kraven also hits pressure points. He’s very skilled.

So…HTH only is Slade THAT much superior, skill wise? Superior enough to compensate for a guy fast enough to at least be able to fight Spider-Man (explicitly presented as someone jacked up to superhuman speed on top of keeping up with Peter enough to fight him?)? Strong enough to injure someone capable of taking a punch in the face from a furious Peter Parker and grinning?
    Why are we here?

So…HTH only is Slade THAT much superior, skill wise? Superior enough to compensate for a guy fast enough to at least be able to fight Spider-Man (explicitly presented as someone jacked up to superhuman speed on top of keeping up with Peter enough to fight him?)? Strong enough to injure someone capable of taking a punch in the face from a furious Peter Parker and grinning?
    If Kraven also hits pressure points, than the question of how fast Slade heals is probably moot, as even regenerators like Wolverine have been pressure-pointed for the stun.

Kraven has gotten preasure point strikes against Spider-man, Tigra, Beast, and on several occasions even rampaging gorillas. I don't know if he's preasure pointed Black Panther or not, but he has beat the snot out of the guy with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Kraven has gotten preasure point strikes against Spider-man, Tigra, Beast, and on several occasions even rampaging gorillas. I don't know if he's preasure pointed Black Panther or not, but he has beat the snot out of the guy with ease.
    I remember the one where he pressure pointed Tigra. Kraven does have a tendency to make sure he has one-sided prep, if possible. The Tigra fight was an example. But that aside, he has proven strong, durable and fast enough to fight Spider-Man so I don't see Deathstroke as a major obstacle for him.
    Power with Girl is better.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I remember the one where he pressure pointed Tigra. Kraven does have a tendency to make sure he has one-sided prep, if possible. The Tigra fight was an example. But that aside, he has proven strong, durable and fast enough to fight Spider-Man so I don't see Deathstroke as a major obstacle for him.
    Sure, he had one-sided prep, against a class 10 bullet-timer with claws and super senses. He's a hunter, one-sided prep is kind of his thing. Once that broke down, he flat-out pressure-points her in open combat once she starts to gain an edge, and she can't move her leg when it happens. He gets overconfident and lets her come back from this, but the fight was over at that moment without plot.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

You guys are forgetting the most important weapon in Kraven's arsenal.

Lion-Eye-Nipple-Paralyzing-Lazer.

Slade 0/10
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    You guys are forgetting the most important weapon in Kraven's arsenal.

Lion-Eye-Nipple-Paralyzing-Lazer.

Slade 0/10
    Why would you need a laser that paralyses Lion Eye-Nipples? That seems oddly specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Why would you need a laser that paralyses Lion Eye-Nipples? That seems oddly specific.
    Clearly we wouldn't know, because we're not Kraven the Hunter.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Kraven is ready for anything!

Kraven 9/10 under the circumstances.

Deathstroke is a guy who on a good day with his regular gear can whip Batman and takes 3+ members of the Batfamily to take down.

Kraven is someone who, even without gear, can hang witg Spider-Man in terms of strength speed and toughness for awhile with a pretty powerful healing factor iirc.

The Spider rogues gallery is a whole nother league above the Batfamily rogues in terms of physicality.

I don't know much about Kraven, but keeping up with Spiderman is not really a feat. Some guys with no superspeed keep up with Superman too.