Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Linda Danvers should be brought back separately from Kara

Or at least, an equivalent to the Linda Danvers Supergirl of the nineties. Have her be a next generation teen Supergirl that Kara can mentor while Kara is allowed to be aged up to Barbara Gordon's age bracket once again. Maybe make this version Hispanic like the one in the upcoming movie, too.

We need Linda danvers as she was, and a new revamped version of Cir-el to fill the younger Supergirl spot
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    We need Linda danvers as she was, and a new revamped version of Cir-el to fill the younger Supergirl spot
    Agreed. 100%.

Extraordinary Member

Unfortunately it looks like Didio and his vendettas were removed from the equation too late to make a difference. I think the super-line in general needs Linda and what she brings to the table back and the Supergirl line in particular could really benefit from her presence since Kara been floundering and constantly getting rebooted since her own return in 2004.

There are so many things they could do. They could simply have her return after her disappearance at the end of Many Happy Returns, preserving her and her relationships as they were at the end of PAD's run. They could have her return but once again merged with Matrix. Or they could reboot her and start over. I'd prefer the first 2 options so as to keep her previous relationship with Clark as his step-sister intact, but at this point I'd settle for anything. It's amazing how having the longest running Supergirl series in history counts for nothing. It's not just Linda, but Cutter, Mattie, Fred and Sylvia as well. Her entire supporting cast deserves to come back.

Someone pitched her as a supernatural hero called Seraph so I'd do that.

Just give her a Black Label/Sandman Universe series with Peter David returning.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-07-2022 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    Agreed. 100%.
    I always wonder how posters feel that the current Supergirl and Power Girl stand up to that era's iterations.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Unfortunately it looks like Didio and his vendettas were removed from the equation too late to make a difference. I think the super-line in general needs Linda and what she brings to the table back and the Supergirl line in particular could really benefit from her presence since Kara been floundering and constantly getting rebooted since her own return in 2004.

There are so many things they could do. They could simply have her return after her disappearance at the end of Many Happy Returns, preserving her and her relationships as they were at the end of PAD's run. They could have her return but once again merged with Matrix. Or they could reboot her and start over. I'd prefer the first 2 options so as to keep her previous relationship with Clark as his step-sister intact, but at this point I'd settle for anything. It's amazing how having the longest running Supergirl series in history counts for nothing. It's not just Linda, but Cutter, Mattie, Fred and Sylvia as well. Her entire supporting cast deserves to come back.
    I never understood why TPTB denied PAD his Supergirls book featuring Linda, Peege, and the original Supergirl displaced here. Not to sound crotchety but literally nothing they have done since that change of direction holds a candle to PAD'S Supergirl and that Atlantean Power Girl. Both were much better off in terms of quality.

I hope nothing similar to DiDio touches the line ever again.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I never understood why TPTB denied PAD his Supergirls book featuring Linda, Peege, and the original Supergirl displaced here. Not to sound crotchety but literally nothing they have done since that change of direction holds a candle to PAD'S Supergirl and that Atlantean Power Girl. Both were much better off in terms of quality.

They were very anti Supergirls/Wonder Women. They tried to do a Wonder Woman of multiple earths special and were also turned down.

1st thing I would do is explain that power she tapped into at the end of her series, and move forward with thst.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post

I think it was financial reasons. From what I have read it was a big deal when original Supergirl returned and based on that reception thinking probably was that original Supergirl and Powergirl are going to sell well. They didn't end up selling that well, but its not like PAD's version was a high seller either so in the end they probably didn't lose anything and maybe gained a little.

Creatively yeah, they were really never able to figure out what to do with the original Supergirl and Power Girl.

Extraordinary Member

When Kara's first book launched after her return it of course sold better than Linda's book had for years, but its launch sales were pretty much exactly the same as the launch sales of the PAD series in 1996, and sales over the long run dropped harder than the sales for PAD's book ever did. By the time the Nu52 came about sales of Kara's series had dropped below 20k, which never happened for PAD's book even though PAD's series lasted 13 issues longer. Sales of the PAD series were increasing somewhat during Many Happy Returns. If DC had decided who the Supergirl of the Nu52 should be based purely on who sold more comics over the previous 15 years it would have been Linda. The decision, to the extent it was based on something other than Didio's personal biases, was based on the idea that Kara would be better for merchandising and multimedia appearances like movies and TV. Much as I think the Supergirl Tv show is a big pile of crap and it's the reason I don't like Kara, it's hard to argue with that logic. The comics themselves aren't where WB makes its money.

In terms of the nature of the power Linda used against Xenon, my personal theory is she's in the process of evolving into a different kind of angel. I think the reason Comet and Blithe became unable to fall after the battle with the Carnivore is because the purpose of the earth-born angels was fulfilled in Linda, so there was no need for new ones to be created anymore. Linda didn't entirely lose her connection to the divine or supernatural when she split from Matrix, and she gained more of that supernatural power as she travelled along the chaos stream. That power, a combination of chaos magic and divine power, is what killed Xenon. From Xenon's recognizing her as both of his greatest enemies, she's going to fight him again multiple times - the last time in her most fully-realized form. What I think will happen is that she's evolving to a point where she'll be able to have the entire shechina inside her instead of a third, and that the shechina which is in the 3 earth-borns will be transferred to her in a moment of crisis, turning her into a counterpoint to the Spector. Where he is the personification of god's vengeance, she as the carrier of the entire shechina would become the personification of the attribute of mercy, hence why she imprisons Xenon instead of killing him in their final battle. That's just my theory,
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 02-08-2022 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    When Kara's first book launched after her return it of course sold better than Linda's book had for years, but its launch sales were pretty much exactly the same as the launch sales of the PAD series in 1996, and sales over the long run dropped harder than the sales for PAD's book ever did. By the time the Nu52 came about sales of Kara's series had dropped below 20k, which never happened for PAD's book even though PAD's series lasted 13 issues longer. Sales of the PAD series were increasing somewhat during Many Happy Returns. If DC had decided who the Supergirl of the Nu52 should be based purely on who sold more comics over the previous 15 years it would have been Linda. The decision, to the extent it was based on something other than Didio's personal biases, was based on the idea that Kara would be better for merchandising and multimedia appearances like movies and TV. Much as I think the Supergirl Tv show is a big pile of crap and it's the reason I don't like Kara, it's hard to argue with that logic. The comics themselves aren't where WB makes its money.

In terms of the nature of the power Linda used against Xenon, my personal theory is she's in the process of evolving into a different kind of angel. I think the reason Comet and Blithe became unable to fall after the battle with the Carnivore is because the purpose of the earth-born angels was fulfilled in Linda, so there was no need for new ones to be created anymore. Linda didn't entirely lose her connection to the divine or supernatural when she split from Matrix, and she gained more of that supernatural power as she travelled along the chaos stream. That power, a combination of chaos magic and divine power, is what killed Xenon. From Xenon's recognizing her as both of his greatest enemies, she's going to fight him again multiple times - the last time in her most fully-realized form. What I think will happen is that she's evolving to a point where she'll be able to have the entire shechina inside her instead of a third, and that the shechina which is in the 3 earth-borns will be transferred to her in a moment of crisis, turning her into a counterpoint to the Spector. Where he is the personification of god's vengeance, she as the carrier of the entire shechina would become the personification of the attribute of mercy, hence why she imprisons Xenon instead of killing him in their final battle. That's just my theory,

If she took all three of the earth angels powers she would have fire wings, flame vision, ice blast, light blasts, teleport action, making ppl relieve painful times, and others feeling lovey feelings, put that all with her impressive psychokimesis, and she would be a top tier hero. Don't really want her to be on spectres level though, hanging with kryptonians is one thing, hanging with God's vengeance is another

I would like to see more of her. She is underused prepared to the rest of Superman's supporting allies. However, I am worried that she would come back unrecognizable and would rather her stay gone than have a similar Rain in Hell appearance. I just pretend that never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Angel View Post
    I would like to see more of her. She is underused prepared to the rest of Superman's supporting allies. However, I am worried that she would come back unrecognizable and would rather her stay gone than have a similar Rain in Hell appearance. I just pretend that never happened.

I'm a perfect world she would comeback exaclty how she was at the end of her series, look and powers, but the earth born angel powers and look stuck with ppl, and I don't think she will comeback without it

That would be ideal and absolutely something I would be excited about. It would be even better if Peter David were given the opportunity to write again but don't think he would. I don't even think he writes comics anymore.