Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Not saying DC administration changes are the problem, but I had been waiting for the fallout of those changes. Unfortunately this came just as Covid struck, and that put a spanner in the works to both Marvel and DC, so that it is difficult to evaluate properly, what is causing the problems in-house. DC’s distribution issues, Marvels change of distributor. I’ve seen lines discontinued at Marvel at the drop of a hat. In Australia we are still on deliveries of Marvel bi-weekly, and DC not at all, or so infrequent it’s not worth waiting for subsequent issues.

So a lot of the problems for both companies, Marvel and DC, is admin changes, Covid strangulation, and distribution infrequency, that interrupts any comic lines viability, and company profit. The last two years have been a nightmare. My comic shop is closing its city store because Covid restrictions has chopped passing traffic, and they’ve moved to the suburbs to lower costs. I think DC has to think about on what side their bread is buttered more than Marvel, but Marvel are in the same boat too. With Marvel, I can’t get comics. I can’t get Omnibuses. If a comic is sold out, I can’t get a second printing.

To me, I think the strangulation of commerce from Covid has changed the business. Administration is challenged by the current climate they have to work under. I don’t see a bright future. The difficulties that block the way comic companies used to run, cause restricted flexibility. It looks like publishers are saying they can’t put out what editorial wanted too in the past.
    Last edited by jackolover; 02-15-2022 at 11:58 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    This made me laugh harder than it should have.

I want DC to do well. But, unless they acknowledge something is wrong, they'll never fix it.
    Only in the dream. I doubt DC will change anytime soon.