Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Create an alternate universe

Think I've seen something like this before, but whatever. Create your own alternate universe based on whatever idea you have.

For me, based on a Silver Age JLA story, I had the idea of erasing the first ten members of the Justice League. Here's who takes their places:

1. Superman -> Green Lantern Lois Lane (Main protector of Metropolis)
    2. Batman -> Zatanna (Main protector of Gotham)
    3. Wonder Woman -> Mera (Queen of Atlantis)
    4. Flash -> Blue Beetle Ted Kord (Main protector of Central City)
    5. Green Lantern -> Booster Gold (Main protector of Coast City)
    6. Aquaman -> Maxima (Queen of Almerac)
    7. Martian Manhunter -> Alanna of Rann (Woman of Two Worlds)
    8. Green Arrow -> Metamorpho (Main protector of Star City)
    9. Atom -> Doctor Atom Martin Stein (also replaces Captain Atom)
    10. Hawkman -> Black Adam (Champion of SHAZAM!)

What if Superman grew up in Bialya?

I'd just pay this guy to do his take.
    https://comicsalliance.com/justice-l...gn-aaron-diaz/
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-07-2022 at 06:32 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I had an idea a while back for a "noir" based on the trinity. A Superman who is more golden age based. He doesn't fly but is fast, strong, and bullets hurt him but can't break his skin. He doesn't know his origins. He was found on the doorstep of a farm couple. At least as far as he knows. Batman is a newbie just starting out. He rides around on motorcycles and doesn't have any real equipment. Wonder Woman is an Olympic athlete who is incredibly strong. It's a more grounded world. Even though this is closer to the GA versions of these characters, it takes place in the modern day. Maybe even New York.
    Assassinate Putin!

An unknown GL dies on Earth during a battle with Sinestro. Their ring chooses Perry White as the next Green Lantern of Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Think I've seen something like this before, but whatever. Create your own alternate universe based on whatever idea you have.
    I like this kind of game.

For me, based on a Silver Age JLA story, I had the idea of erasing the first ten members of the Justice League. Here's who takes their places:

1. Superman -> Green Lantern Lois Lane (Main protector of Metropolis)
    2. Batman -> Zatanna (Main protector of Gotham)
    3. Wonder Woman -> Mera (Queen of Atlantis)
    4. Flash -> Blue Beetle Ted Kord (Main protector of Central City)
    5. Green Lantern -> Booster Gold (Main protector of Coast City)
    6. Aquaman -> Maxima (Queen of Almerac)
    7. Martian Manhunter -> Alanna of Rann (Woman of Two Worlds)
    8. Green Arrow -> Metamorpho (Main protector of Star City)
    9. Atom -> Doctor Atom Martin Stein (also replaces Captain Atom)
    10. Hawkman -> Black Adam (Champion of SHAZAM!)
    Ah... the Johnny Thunder of earth one story. Good inspiration.

The night than Bruce Wayne was wondering what symbol could use to inspire terror in the hearts of the criminal, he looked to the window and saw....
    the big signboard of Haly Circus coming to Gotham, with the big face of a clow. Brunce then understood. And he became... The Joker!! The terror of criminals.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

When a Justice League is created, a multiverse is created.

For example:

JLA
    • Superman
    • Wonder Woman
    • Batman
    • Hawkwoman
    • Green Lantern
    • Atom
    • Flash
    • Aquaman
    • Martian Magician
    • Zatanna

Green Lantern would be Jessica and/or John. Atom would be Ryan Choi. Flash would not be Jay, Barry or Wally; I would prefer a female Flash.

CSA
    • Ultraman
    • Super Woman
    • Owlman
    • Angelique
    • Emerald Knight
    • Atomica
    • Johnny Quick
    • Sea King
    • Martian Magian
    • Annataz

I prefer the Superwoman and Johnny Quick from 'Crisis on Two Earths'. Atomica is either Rhonda.

JLA (Gender Bender Earth)
    • Superwoman
    • Captain Wonder
    • Batwoman
    • Hawkman
    • Star Sapphire
    • Atom
    • Flash
    • Aquawoman
    • Martian Mystery
    • Zachary

Maybe Walter West as the Flash...

And then, all the Bizarroes...

I hope some see where I'm going with this idea.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 02-09-2022 at 08:52 AM.

Astonishing Member

Merged Earth but Earth 2 is the dominant Earth, I know they did it with Dark Multiverse but none of the dark stuff for me ok.

Pre Crisis Legion Earth, but the present day of that world is actually the 30th century. All the old Earth 1 stories are just in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Merged Earth but Earth 2 is the dominant Earth, I know they did it with Dark Multiverse but none of the dark stuff for me ok.
    Only earth one and two merged or also include the other earths from the previous merge (Earth S, Earth x and Earth Four)? I would like to see a JSA with Dan Garret as member, I confess.

Pre Crisis Legion Earth, but the present day of that world is actually the 30th century. All the old Earth 1 stories are just in the past.
    That is a need I would say.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 02-09-2022 at 06:06 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Diana lost her Amazon powers after leaving the island to fight in WWII and because of her courage she became a Green Lantern

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I had an idea a while back for a "noir" based on the trinity. A Superman who is more golden age based. He doesn't fly but is fast, strong, and bullets hurt him but can't break his skin. He doesn't know his origins. He was found on the doorstep of a farm couple. At least as far as he knows. Batman is a newbie just starting out. He rides around on motorcycles and doesn't have any real equipment. Wonder Woman is an Olympic athlete who is incredibly strong. It's a more grounded world. Even though this is closer to the GA versions of these characters, it takes place in the modern day. Maybe even New York.
    I kind of like this. I picture a JLA that isn't interstellar made up of heroes that are more local.

Superman largely handles crime in Metropolis. He can fly but over long distances it would tax him. His super-hearing is highly acute but still limited by the speed of sound. He isn't hovering on the edge of space listening to all the problems on Earth. He isn't spotting a shooter halfway around the world and arriving before the bullet hits (even if it was a sniper firing from a hundred yards away from the target).

Batman is rich and skilled, but he's not in the top 10% on any list. He might be able to win a MMA match- but as a boxer he isn't getting a shot at the title. He can shoot a bow with astounding accuracy, but Oliver Queen leaves him in the dust past a certain level of difficulty. Bruce has a damn fine car- but not a fleet of a dozen cutting edge vehicles. He doesn't have the funds, access to the necessary tech or the time to produce guaranteed solutions to super-powered beings- and definitely not in any quantity.

Flash- Fast. Maybe even unbelievably so. But with human endurance. So he runs a mile in the blink of an eye- and gets just as winded as anyone else who ran a mile. Or the average guy can run for X minutes full out- then if Flash runs full out for that long he might circle the Earth but again he's just as ready to collapse in a chair.

Green Lantern; More Alan Scott than Hal Jordan. One lantern and requires focus to use it beyond a few basics. So pulling a kid from in front of a car- might be easy. Pulling a stalled car from the path of a train- requires some effort. Flying to the moon- He's dead if he loses focus ....

So the Justiice League as individuals can deal with most local issues, but if a villain is attacking somewhere in Texas and you need to get there ASAP .... well that requires a group effort. A combining of resources. (and luckily this universe doesn't have cosmic level threats. Even Darkseid is more of thug with powerful gang members plus a battalion or two of mooks armed with battle armor)

Ultimate Member

Monsterverse

An alien orphan, thought to be last survivor of a doomed world, the Manhunter serves as Superman, and has a more frightening alien appearance when he's 'on the job.'
    Bruce was bitten by a bat as a child, and grew into a creature of the night, the vampire hero known as Batman, who stalks the Gotham nights and keeps evil-doers appropriately terrified of the dark.
    Diana is a golem, fashioned from lifeless clay by her mother, with the great strength and durability one would expect from her beautiful but gray and stone-hard appearance.
    'Arthur' is a creature of the deep trenches, come to the surface world to protect his beloved ocean home and terrifying fish-people, but also the world which they begrudgingly share with us.
    From the jade lamp, comes forth a small blue genie to attempt to twist the wishes of Hal Jordan, the pilot who found him after his plane was downed in the middle East. Still, Hal's wit and will generally manages to force the petulant genie's magic to the service of good.

I suppose there should be a Flash-monster, and someone related to Frankenstein's monster or a werewolf, but my brain just quit on this idea and left me hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Monsterverse

I suppose there should be a Flash-monster, and someone related to Frankenstein's monster or a werewolf, but my brain just quit on this idea and left me hanging.
    Why not make him related to the Jeckyll and Hyde situation? Remember the chemicals than created the Flash also created another identity. With one of the personalities being evil and both fighting for control each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Monsterverse

An alien orphan, thought to be last survivor of a doomed world, the Manhunter serves as Superman, and has a more frightening alien appearance when he's 'on the job.'
    Bruce was bitten by a bat as a child, and grew into a creature of the night, the vampire hero known as Batman, who stalks the Gotham nights and keeps evil-doers appropriately terrified of the dark.
    Diana is a golem, fashioned from lifeless clay by her mother, with the great strength and durability one would expect from her beautiful but gray and stone-hard appearance.
    'Arthur' is a creature of the deep trenches, come to the surface world to protect his beloved ocean home and terrifying fish-people, but also the world which they begrudgingly share with us.
    From the jade lamp, comes forth a small blue genie to attempt to twist the wishes of Hal Jordan, the pilot who found him after his plane was downed in the middle East. Still, Hal's wit and will generally manages to force the petulant genie's magic to the service of good.

I had a similar idea but different monsters:
    Superman - Frankenstein
    Batman - Vampire
    Wonder Woman - Zombie
    Green Lantern - Jack O'Lantern
    Flash - Werewolf
    Aquaman - Lake Monster
    Zatanna - Witch
    Dr. Fate - Invisible Man
    Black Canary - Siren
    Hawkgirl - Harpy
    Shazam - The Mummy

I tried this on my youtube channel a while ago a world that starts with batman... in a world that bruce's parents lived. Then moved on to Superman The Man of Tomorrow a half kryptonian half human and then would move to flash and wonderwoman (I never did them fully) and a Lantern conceept where all 7 colors were concepts from the jump (Yellow and Green rings the most common, but there being all of them)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpTm...fm8XX&index=34
    https://youtu.be/hZLZd6XicNQ
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

I do like the idea of playing around with where Superman’s ship crashes or which Earth’s Superman we are following.