Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Miami Dolphins sign Sony Michel, adding to deep RB corps

Michel, 27, will be the third running back to sign with Miami this offseason, joining Raheem Mostert and Chase Edmonds. The Dolphins already have Myles Gaskin on their roster, and they tendered Salvon Ahmed as well.
    Talent wise, the Phins have an incredible offense. Last year, injuries and a weak RB corp were problems. But will they gel? Will Tua live up to his potential? Will new coach McDaniel prove to be a winner? If the answer is yes, they could give Buffalo stiff competition for the division. It is a very big "if"
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Looks like Pats are shipping Jarrett Stidham off to the Raiders to reunite with Josh McDaniels.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Looks like Pats are shipping Jarrett Stidham off to the Raiders to reunite with Josh McDaniels.

-M
    Can’t imagine Stidham pushing Derek Carr for the starting job. I imagine he’s going to be the backup in Vegas.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Speaking of the Dolphins they had a media type practice day. Where they decided to show Tua throwing to Tyreek Hill on a deep pass.

Well that was the intent as Tua threw as hard as he could as Hill ran. Now with Mahomes he could logically hit Tyreek anywhere. Tua isn't Pat Mahomes and I believe Tyreek discovered that quick here.

He had to stop in video and people joked it was like Hill was fielding a punt they described. Also people are claiming the pass was 40 yards.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Gino Cappelletti, the former Patriots kicker (and original member of the team) who went on to become a longtime part of their radio broadcast team with Gil Santos, has passed away.

AAAA1st23.jpg
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Russel Wilson's first game will be in Seattle. Way to go, scheduling gods.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Russel Wilson's first game will be in Seattle. Way to go, scheduling gods.
    Yeah, heard about it this morning. No other pro league in the country does scheduling better than the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, heard about it this morning. No other pro league in the country does scheduling better than the NFL.
    I wonder if he'll get the A-Rod treatment (boo'd and Monopoly money was thrown), the Griffey treatment (triumphant hero returned), or the Brady treatment (cheered when he gets on the field, boo'd when the game starts)?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I wonder if he'll get the A-Rod treatment (boo'd and Monopoly money was thrown), the Griffey treatment (triumphant hero returned), or the Brady treatment (cheered when he gets on the field, boo'd when the game starts)?
    I think Wilson will get the Griffey treatment.

He will get cheered because he brought them a Super Bowl. Russell Wilson will always be well loved there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    He will get cheered because he brought them a Super Bowl. Russell Wilson will always be well loved there.
    Maybe a chance of the Brady treatment, he is playing against them now.

If it was Philly, we know it would be the A-Rod treatment, if he was lucky...
    Dark does not mean deep.

Philly is weird. They snowball Santa and would give Foles a hero welcome.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Philly is weird. They snowball Santa and would give Foles a hero welcome.
    Like most people, especially those with an ax to grind against Philly sports fans, perhaps you're not fully aware of the real story regarding the snowball incident.

To give the Reader's Digest version, the 1968 Eagles were coming off one of their most miserable seasons in memory, but the team managed to win enough games to cost them the first pick in the 1969 draft which ended up being one Orenthal James Simpson, and fans were in a surly mood during the last home game of the season. The plan by the team was to placate the fans by having an actor show up as Santa to deliver halftime cheer, but it had snowed heavily that morning and the actor never made it to the stadium, so the team dragged a nobody, one Frank Olivo out of the stands to dress up as Santa, but, he was scrawny and unconvincing, leading pissed off fans to launch snowballs to vent their anger. The whole business was hamfisted and poorly executed and grew into a warped urban legend TV talking heads and columnists from coast to coast love referring to each and every time they want to slam the city whenever fans here behave badly during games, as if only Philadelphians act like unruly assholes, which, of course, is grossly untrue. It should also be noted that decades later, Olivo (who passed away in 2015) admitted in an interview that he deserved the grief heaped on him and held no grudge against Eagles fans about what happened that day.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 05-14-2022 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Like most people, especially those with an ax to grind against Philly sports fans, perhaps you're not fully aware of the real story regarding the snowball incident.

To give the Reader's Digest version, the 1968 Eagles were coming off one of their most miserable seasons in memory, but the team managed to win enough games to cost them the first pick in the 1969 draft which ended up being one Orenthal James Simpson, and fans were in a surly mood during the last home game of the season. The plan by the team was to placate the fans by having an actor show up as Santa to deliver halftime cheer, but it had snowed heavily that morning and the actor never made it to the stadium, so the team dragged a nobody, one Frank Olivo out of the stands to dress up as Santa, but, he was scrawny and unconvincing, leading pissed off fans to launch snowballs to vent their anger. The whole business was hamfisted and poorly executed and grew into a warped urban legend TV talking heads and columnists from coast to coast love referring to each and every time they want to slam the city whenever fans here behave badly during games, as if only Philadelphians act like unruly assholes, which, of course, is grossly untrue. It should also be noted that decades later, Olivo (who passed away in 2015) admitted in an interview that he deserved the grief heaped on him and held no grudge against Eagles fans about what happened that day.

There is also the story of Joe Kuharich who had 1 winning season as Head Coach in 1966 so the Eagles owner handed him a contract extension for 15 years lol. That to me was the comical deal where the guy has 1 winning season and owner loses his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    There is also the story of Joe Kuharich who had 1 winning season as Head Coach in 1966 so the Eagles owner handed him a contract extension for 15 years lol. That to me was the comical deal where the guy has 1 winning season and owner loses his mind.
    Kuharich was so despised by Eagles fans that during the ‘68 season, a plane flew over the stadium towing a banner that read “JOE MUST GO” during home games while buttons with that slogan were sold in the stadium. That was NOT a good era for the Eagles, or their suffering fans.