Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast

And Watsons first game back is vs the Texans. That is why the NFL did not push for 12. Do 11 and get the ratings on the Watson Come Back Revenge game!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The Browns clearly care about woman.

They did pay a man accused of 26 sexual assaults 230 million bucks. But on the same day he gets dinged for 11 games they announce they are giving 1 Million to local groups that help woman who are the victim of sex crimes.

If that doesnt say "Hey we umm.... You know we care." What does.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I haven't wanted to see a player fail as much as I do Watson since rapist Roethlisberger.

I don't care if it meant a Super Bowl, I am glad the Dolphins didn't land him.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    And Watsons first game back is vs the Texans. That is why the NFL did not push for 12. Do 11 and get the ratings on the Watson Come Back Revenge game!
    Both the NFL and the NFLPA are very astute at marketing, thats for certain. I'd like to think that both organizations are gradually becoming more enlightened, with the spotlight on CTE, more women involved in reporting on the game and reffing, and so on. It would make me happy if Watson just kind of failed enough to where he quietly went away after this season. If the NFL and NFLPA function as a kind of mafia, which is often my theory, they can do it if they want to do it. Its not like Watson is some kind of super popular guy anyhow.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Both the NFL and the NFLPA are very astute at marketing, thats for certain. I'd like to think that both organizations are gradually becoming more enlightened, with the spotlight on CTE, more women involved in reporting on the game and reffing, and so on. It would make me happy if Watson just kind of failed enough to where he quietly went away after this season. If the NFL and NFLPA function as a kind of mafia, which is often my theory, they can do it if they want to do it. Its not like Watson is some kind of super popular guy anyhow.
    With him being payed 230 Mil he is not just going to go away quietly after this season. he will be out there every game he is able to play.

With him being payed 230 Mil he is not just going to go away quietly after this season. he will be out there every game he is able to play.
    Not if there's a "bounty" on him so to speak, the kind of thing a "mafia" can do. Sure we've had bountygate before, but I doubt that would be a deterrent if someone were determined to take Watson (or any other player for that matter) out and others were willing to turn a blind eye.

I mean the first few games back for a QB who hasn't played in nearly two years are going to be tough to get up to game speed and a missed block here or there and Watson is on his back hard as defensive players who are in game shape can tee off on him. If I were Watson I would keep my head on a swivel in the few games he does play this year.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Ratings? For Browns vs. Texans? Highly unlikely. Sure, that game will get a big bump in the Cleveland and Houston markets, but as a nationally televised game? Fuhgeddaboudit! I’ve looked over Houston’s schedule, it’s not inconceivable they could be winless by the time Cleveland comes to town, and, without Watson, the Browns might not be all that much better, in other words, we’re talking about a shitshow, no way in hell that game gets even a sniff of major league TV coverage.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Yah as much as the NFL and NFLPA can turn a blind eye to a guy being "creepy massage attendant abuser," I'd imagine there are also more than a few upstanding citizens on the opposing d-lines and o-lines out there who actually respect women and find what he did to be ... anger-instigating.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Ratings? For Browns vs. Texans? Highly unlikely. Sure, that game will get a big bump in the Cleveland and Houston markets, but as a nationally televised game? Fuhgeddaboudit! I’ve looked over Houston’s schedule, it’s not inconceivable they could be winless by the time Cleveland comes to town, and, without Watson, the Browns might not be all that much better, in other words, we’re talking about a shitshow, no way in hell that game gets even a sniff of major league TV coverage.
    I think the ratings will be better then you think. Watson first game in 700 days coming against his old team on the road. I think the causal fans will tune in for that. And I think there will be several that tune in to see How Watson does if they were on his side or not. His backers will see this as his big come back game. Ya it will get ratings.

I think the ratings will be better then you think. Watson first game in 700 days coming against his old team on the road. I think the causal fans will tune in for that. And I think there will be several that tune in to see How Watson does if they were on his side or not. His backers will see this as his big come back game. Ya it will get ratings.
    It's a 1:00 game up against several games that will have playoff implications and divisional rivalry games in its timeslot on the first Sunday in December which is the start of the playoff push. It won't be aired anywhere outside the Houston/Cleveland market on the networks, so only people specifically making the choice to watch a game with zero playoff implications on one of the NFL ticket packages is going to see the game. Denver vs. Baltimore will be the national game in the 1:00 slot on CBS and likely Green Bay vs. Chicago and Washington vs. Giants splitting the Fox 1:00 slot depending on region, with Titans/Eagles getting some screen time on whichever network has it as well. The Browns/Texans will get as much air time as the Jacksonville vs. Detroit game which airs in airing in that time slot as well, unless by some miracle either the Texans or Browns are somehow in playoff contention come December. If the Buffalo-New England game were a 1:00 game instead the Thursday night game, the Browns/Texans game might not even get aired in its home markets that day in favor of that match up in the AFC.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Watching Bears vs. Seahawks. Yes, I have no life, I’m fully aware of that. Meanwhile, I didn’t know QB Geno Smith has been in Seattle for the last three years. Whoa!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Watching Bears vs. Seahawks. Yes, I have no life, I’m fully aware of that. Meanwhile, I didn’t know QB Geno Smith has been in Seattle for the last three years. Whoa!
    It came as a shock to most of the Seahawk players also.

It came as a shock to most of the Seahawk players also.
    As long it it wasn't also a shock to Geno Smith. Then there would be something to worry about.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I try and not to put too much stock into the preseason... but holy geez does it look like Seattle's gonna be bad this year. Regardless of if they put Smith or Lock under center, they've got a roster devoid of talent. It's Tyler Lockett and... uhm... I guess Jamaal Adams is good at playing the run, but you kinda want a safety to also be able to cover people, so that's a problem.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I try and not to put too much stock into the preseason... but holy geez does it look like Seattle's gonna be bad this year. Regardless of if they put Smith or Lock under center, they've got a roster devoid of talent. It's Tyler Lockett and... uhm... I guess Jamaal Adams is good at playing the run, but you kinda want a safety to also be able to cover people, so that's a problem.
    So, it looks like Seattle has Nothing to worry about.
    Dark does not mean deep.