Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    NFL is apparently appealing for an indefinite suspension of at least a year(Watson would have to file for reinstatement) and a fine. Watson is almost guaranteed to sue the NFL and take it to court, though honestly that rarely if ever works so I wouldn't hold my breath
    He would be dumb as hell if he did. because the longer this drags on the more money he will lose. Talk the year now because even with an indefinite I doubt he will be out longer. Take the 1 Mil hit this year. If he drags it out he will be sitting years of his contract he is making a hell of a lot more.

We know he wont man up and accept anything. He has lied and repeatedly shown no remorse.

And it is a shame because The Browns have a good roster and some good talent. And they all have to put up with this **** show by Watson and the owners.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

In non Watson NFL news if there is such a thing.

Saints Rookie Trevor Penning was kicked out of trained camp today for starting a fight with another player for a 3rd day in a row.

I think he is going to set the record for unsportsmanlike like Conduct and personal fouls. Dude seems easy to trigger.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The NFL really has to appeal this verdict and come out for the women involved to save face. That the fact Watson settled with a number of these women have to be something the league has to point at and go...this has to at least cost a season on.
    Ask, and you shall receive….

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    This is Rodgers last chance to prove he is not full of **** when it comes to punishing crimes against woman.
    I read that as Aaron Rodgers, and was thinking "oh no, I know he's considered to be an ******* but what did he have to do with this?"

Glad to hear it, even if it's successfully appealed for nothing other than optics and the comparisons to Ridley's gambling and Brady's balls it would have been a terrible look for the league that's already absorbed so many bad PR hits this year (and decade).

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Football is back tonight. It's, as usual, really shitty football with the Hall of Fame game, but it's football.

Extraordinary Member

Brian Flores apparently proved much more canny than Miami’s exec’s accounted for; it turns out some of the evidence used to find them guilty of tampering came from Flores *immediately* taking notes and recording stuff that he suspected was unethical, and making sure to send letters to multiple team execs when doing so to ensure the paper trail was wide ranging.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

Unfortunately it still looks like they're going to bury it because it's a PR nightmare for the entire league, that's already had scandal after scandal (after scandal) to deal with, and ultimately Flores will likely never be put in charge of a franchise again because he won't be viewed as "a team player". I'm frankly shocked he got a job as quickly as he did again, though that might have been a good PR move to have him focused on football rather than this whole situation.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Unfortunately it still looks like they're going to bury it because it's a PR nightmare for the entire league, that's already had scandal after scandal (after scandal) to deal with, and ultimately Flores will likely never be put in charge of a franchise again because he won't be viewed as "a team player". I'm frankly shocked he got a job as quickly as he did again, though that might have been a good PR move to have him focused on football rather than this whole situation.
    If the ultimate goal is to get rid of Stephen Ross, I don't think that will happen either. There's bound to be one or two, perhaps more owners (including Jerry Jones I'd wager) who'll vote no, not just to protect their buddies, but to avoid having the hammer dropped on them down the road if they misbehave and are caught in the act.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Brian Flores apparently proved much more canny than Miami’s exec’s accounted for; it turns out some of the evidence used to find them guilty of tampering came from Flores *immediately* taking notes and recording stuff that he suspected was unethical, and making sure to send letters to multiple team execs when doing so to ensure the paper trail was wide ranging.
    Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If the ultimate goal is to get rid of Stephen Ross, I don't think that will happen either. There's bound to be one or two, perhaps more owners (including Jerry Jones I'd wager) who'll vote no, not just to protect their buddies, but to avoid having the hammer dropped on them down the road if they misbehave and are caught in the act.
    Seriously, Flores is a hero in all of this in my eyes. If not just for standing up against what looks like league-wide discriminatory hiring practices, but exposing Stephen Ross as being rampantly corrupt and sabotaging his own team. If not by tanking, but for trying to jettison Tu'a for Tom Brady against league tampering rules. To be conscious of the ethics of the situation he was in, not cave to Ross' pressure, and document everything to slam a bear trap down on an NFL owner?

These old billionaire f***ers are so cocky that they'll never get caught or face consequences because they don't think anyone would dare challenge them on their s***.

I don't know if Snyder and Ross are owners five years from now. Mortality nonwithstanding.

And Ross' actions are a threat to the other owners... not because they give a fig about "the integrity of the shield"... No no...

The league just picked up a f*** ton of revenue because of gambling inside stadiums. If the product has tanking, the betting sites won't trust doing business with the NFL. That's billions of dollars in revenue we're talking about, annually.

And the other 31 billionaires aren't going to sit back and quietly let Ross jeopardize that.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 08-07-2022 at 05:37 AM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

That's true, and I'd agree whatever happens Flores is a hero and had more guts than I ever would (not a tall order/high bar, but still).

Extraordinary Member

I also have to say that I think *someone* might employ Flores again as a franchise’s coach simply because a) his long term coaching plan was largely working, and b) more than one franchise owner is likely the type to be more than satisfied with “my team is doing well enough to keep attendance up” and therefore not have the kind of dirty ambition that screwed up his time in Miami.

Don’t get me wrong - there’s certainly going to be some general managers and owners who will view Flores as a “narc”… but I also think more than one owner wouldn’t be turned off by it.

Sadly, his biggest hurdle will continue to be the “old white boys’ club” issues other non-white coaches face.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I also have to say that I think *someone* might employ Flores again as a franchise’s coach simply because a) his long term coaching plan was largely working, and b) more than one franchise owner is likely the type to be more than satisfied with “my team is doing well enough to keep attendance up” and therefore not have the kind of dirty ambition that screwed up his time in Miami.

Don’t get me wrong - there’s certainly going to be some general managers and owners who will view Flores as a “narc”… but I also think more than one owner wouldn’t be turned off by it.

Sadly, his biggest hurdle will continue to be the “old white boys’ club” issues other non-white coaches face.
    Are you a "narc" in a player's eyes if you rat on a douchebag billionaire, or are you f***ing rad for bringing him down?

Because if Ross is forced to sell the team, I think it makes him more credible in the eyes of a bunch of college aged players coming into the league, especially POC.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Are you a "narc" in a player's eyes if you rat on a douchebag billionaire, or are you f***ing rad for bringing him down?

Because if Ross is forced to sell the team, I think it makes him more credible in the eyes of a bunch of college aged players coming into the league, especially POC.
    Oh, yeah, this is the kind of thing that would make players know you’re on their side - Flores might very well have added 1 or two years to several members of his “tank year” team’s roster simply by giving them a chance to show they were legit with the awesome surprise wins they got at the end of the year.

And Ryan Fitzpatrick can probably get a free beer anytime in KC because of Flores coaching the Dolphins up to beat the Patriots, giving KC a bi-week in their Super Bowl year - which all the KC fans know because it was when Kevin Harlan did the “I’m calling both games!” thing during the Chiefs/Chargers game.

Side note: Kevin Harlan f***ing RULES.

I hate how the hype for preseason games is so false.

Like The Ravens Cardinals promo talking about an epic battle between Murry and Jackson. As if they are going to play more then a series lol.