Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default NFL 2022 Off-Season

The next week will be more Super Bowl focused in the 2021 thread and its time we go ahead and start the 2022 Off-Season thread. For coaching news , free agents and off field things. So lets get right ...INTO IT...

Where the Pittsburgh Steelers & Tampa Bay Bucs go from here without franchise QB's ?

Both teams are entering the biggest question marks at QB this off season. Both didn't draft anyone to groom the last 2-3 seasons behind 2 star QB's who were entering the end. Pittsburgh is in worst shape as Mason Rudolph and Dwayne Haskins haven't proved they can be actual NFL starters right now.

Tampa Bay did draft Kyle Trask last season in the 2nd rd to groom behind Brady. Trask put up some eye popping numbers in Florida the 2020 season and will be given the starting job it appears. Its not a lock he will be the starting QB as Tampa wanted him to be the starter in 2023. But things have moved up as they say.

Jimmy G will be a hot debate for both teams needing a QB. Jimmy has injury issues as we know but while not an elite Brady type , he is a solid starter and can play good with a supporting cast around him. So each team will weigh the trade market for him. Which as we expect will be a 1st rd draft pick.

- The Brian Flores lawsuit and how Houston now is involved.

Flores lawyers revealed that he was a finalist for the coaching job there but they opted for Lovie Smith instead due to Flores lawsuit. Also according to this Flores knows he likely will never coach in NFL again due to this but wants others to get a coaching chance.

https://sports.yahoo.com/brian-flore...014910048.html

I think Lovie Smith is a decent coach but he hasn't coached in the NFL since 2015 where Tampa Bay went 8-24. He was a defensive coordinator in Houston and the overall defense ranking for the Texans in 2021 ? ... 31st. So you have to question why you would promote the coach who had the next to last defense in the league.

2022 NFL Draft !

The 2022 NFL Draft will be coming from Las Vegas this year and will have a number of players already projected in top spots. According to this we could see the Jaguars take an offensive lineman #1 overall.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...-take-ol-no-1/

-Kyler Murray ...not happy with Arizona ?

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...os/6689468001/

According to this Murray deleted the Cardinals mentions from his instagram and one video brought up how he changed his Twitter just recently. There is no clue why Murray is not happy beyond asking the team to draft Cee Dee Lamb last spring which would be stupid given how the team had 3 top ranked WR's already on the roster and adding another one made no sense.

Either way this situation will be watched heading into the 2022 season...
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I wonder how Brady retiring in the same year is going to affect Ben's entry into the Football Hall of Fame. I'm sure he is still getting in, but his chances of going in on the first ballot have probably gone down at least a little bit.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I wonder how Brady retiring in the same year is going to affect Ben's entry into the Football Hall of Fame. I'm sure he is still getting in, but his chances of going in on the first ballot have probably gone down at least a little bit.
    They could both go in really at same time. It will determine who is there at the time of this Hall of Fame in 2027. Brady is a lock 1st ballot one for sure. I know we usually debate on guys going in but Brady I'm sure is one we all (even if were not fans some of us) have to agree...he's 1st vote in.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Roethlisberger has two Super Bowl rings. Among current quarterbacks, no one else has more than one, and only Brady has more. I think Ben has a good chance of going to Canton on that math alone.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Roethlisberger has two Super Bowl rings. Among current quarterbacks, no one else has more than one, and only Brady has more. I think Ben has a good chance of going to Canton on that math alone.
    I know the committee doesn't consider off the field stuff, but... he has two sexual assault accusations to match. Don't know how that math factors in, but between Brady being on there and that, I wouldn't call him a first ballot lock.

Then again, Ray Lewis was still first ballot with being accused of being an accessory to murder, so eh... if he doesn't get it, Brady being on the ballot as well would seem like the vote diversion.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 02-08-2022 at 03:09 AM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I know the committee doesn't consider off the field stuff, but... he has two sexual assault accusations to match. Don't know how that math factors in, but between Brady being on there and that, I wouldn't call him a first ballot lock.
    Hmm! Forgot about that. Yeah, those incidents might play a part in how long it takes for Ben to get that yellow jacket. However, I agree his chances of getting in on his first try aren't great with Brady on the ballot. If anyone else decides to hang up their cleats (the Eagles' C Jason Kelce for one is talking retirement), their candidacy could be held up because of Tom Terrific.

I'm pretty sure he gets in myself, I was primarily questioning whether or not he has to wait a year since he will be competing with the ultimate first ballot entry in Brady.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I'm pretty sure he gets in myself, I was primarily questioning whether or not he has to wait a year since he will be competing with the ultimate first ballot entry in Brady.
    Speaking of that first ballot entry, does Brady get in with an unanimous vote? I mean, there’s none of the nonsense in football unlike baseball where electors firmly believed that if Babe Ruth didn’t get into Cooperstown unanimously, NO ONE should, will Brady lose votes, either because of alleged shenanigans in New England, or just plain dislike of the guy?

Speaking of that first ballot entry, does Brady get in with an unanimous vote? I mean, there’s none of the nonsense in football unlike baseball where electors firmly believed that if Babe Ruth didn’t get into Cooperstown unanimously, NO ONE should, will Brady lose votes, either because of alleged shenanigans in New England, or just plain dislike of the guy?
    I'm sure there will be at least one protest vote, the question is going to be whether or not the guy can defend it well. The proper answer there will be if they can even attempt to explain why the person they voted for instead is deserving, rather than making that kind of vote about Brady.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I think its been shown Brady is an all-time great and proved himself repeatedly ...so many times in 22 seasons. If someone votes against him ...they will be considered an idiot.

The Texans are playing damage control now over the hiring of Lovie Smith. A fact that the guy they promoted up ...coached the 31st ranked total defense he was in charge of.

https://www.nfl.com/news/********gm-...ice-of-lovie-s

Also he claims he will call the defensive plays for a unit that again...RANKED 31ST IN TOTAL DEFENSE last year. This is almost like a complete joke at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Texans are playing damage control now over the hiring of Lovie Smith. A fact that the guy they promoted up ...coached the 31st ranked total defense he was in charge of.

Also he claims he will call the defensive plays for a unit that again...RANKED 31ST IN TOTAL DEFENSE last year. This is almost like a complete joke at this point.
    Your link did not work.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Your link did not work.
    Lets try it again..here it is...

EDIT...

The NFL is acting weird not allowing links to be posted to articles. Its likely they realized people would be mocking this debacle for what its became. You have Eric Beinemy who can't get f'n hired. Yet your promoting the coach of a 31st ranked unit ? WTF ?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

Other things in "Stupid NFL Tricks" that have come out recently, is we know who fed Chris Berman his false info about Ballghazi. It was the VP of NFL operations, although it isn't known whether or not he knew it was false when he leaked it. Also, the study of air pressure in the footballs the NFL was doing got buried on orders from their lead lawyer since it would have disproved their case.

However, it can't be said that the case wasn't a win for the NFL, considering all the crap it knocked out of the news cycle.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Here's the Class of 2022 for the NFL Hall of Fame: Tony Boselli, LeRoy Butler, Sam Mills, Richard Seymour, Bryant Young, Cliff Branch, Art McNally, Dick Vermeil

https://www.nfl.com/news/pro-footbal...-at-nfl-honors