Page 15 of 59 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think Ross is such a POS, that I would welcome any new owners. Brady having a stake wouldn't bother me. Though I would love the Flores investigation makes Ross sell the 5eam, hopefully to someone other than another rich white asshole.
    I think the other big person in Brady's bid was Sean Payton, but that's the only other name from the blurb I caught. Rich and white, but asshole levels may change based on whose opinion you ask.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Miller deal is one where you have to question the wisdom of this one. The Bills are paying Von Miller $120 million in 6 seasons. The deal will average $17.5 million a season for 4 seasons. Miller turns 33 in 10 days. He missed 2020 with an injury and hasn't had double digit sacks in 2 seasons (2019 and 2021).

The Bills are desperate for a Super Bowl with this move. Dallas seemed to be the odds on favorites for Miller. As all the Rams could do is try to convince him to return for less money. But Miller saw this as his last chance at big money and only a fool would turn down $120+ million at age 33.
    That's a gutsy move for the Bills, given Miller's age. But hey, if it works and they make the Supe, then it will have been worth it.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

They might be counting on Miller not lasting 6 seasons. $17 million is not out of line for a top corner. IF it is for 2-3 seasons.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    They might be counting on Miller not lasting 6 seasons. $17 million is not out of line for a top corner. IF it is for 2-3 seasons.
    Were talking pass rusher here. I think Dallas has to be stunned at this one because they likely offered the $70+ deal they offered Gregory. LA couldn't keep the guy as they tried to appeal to him to stay. But money talks and its the last big one that Miller likely will see.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Cleveland has dropped out of the Watson sweepstakes and will back Baker Mayfield again. Who has to feel like crap as the team was gonna move on from him had they gotten Watson.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Well, they "say" they are backing Baker. They have said that before. Wouldn't be surprised if they are still shopping.

It does make me wonder why they dropped out of the Watson sweepstakes so quickly.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

From what I understand The Browns did not drop out of the Watson contest. Watson Dropped them. It looks like he is going to The Falcons so I think if the Browns did say they were out they knew he was not going with them anyway and wanted to look like they back Baker and it was only Watson they would take over him.

I am pretty sure there will be a story in a week or so that they are after Jimmy G.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    From what I understand The Browns did not drop out of the Watson contest. Watson Dropped them. It looks like he is going to The Falcons so I think if the Browns did say they were out they knew he was not going with them anyway and wanted to look like they back Baker and it was only Watson they would take over him.

I am pretty sure there will be a story in a week or so that they are after Jimmy G.
    Exactly. after meeting with the Browns, Watson decided he would not drop his no trade clause to go to Cleveland. Since he has a full no trade clause, he cannot be traded anywhere he doesn't agree to go to.

I was starting to hear Mayfield to Indy rumors as the Browns were courting Watson though, but I suppose those are dead now that Watson flat out refused Cleveland's overtures.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Exactly. after meeting with the Browns, Watson decided he would not drop his no trade clause to go to Cleveland. Since he has a full no trade clause, he cannot be traded anywhere he doesn't agree to go to.

I was starting to hear Mayfield to Indy rumors as the Browns were courting Watson though, but I suppose those are dead now that Watson flat out refused Cleveland's overtures.

-M

It will be hard for The browns to save their relationship with Baker. I mean they flew their jet to get Watson to come talk to them. It was made very public. Then there is the statement that the Browns want an adult QB that was made public. And lets be honest if things are made public it is because the team wants them to be made public. They are over Baker. And Baker sees that and is over them.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Cleveland has dropped out of the Watson sweepstakes and will back Baker Mayfield again. Who has to feel like crap as the team was gonna move on from him had they gotten Watson.
    We thought they had their QB of the future, and now they're destroying him on the field, and his confidence. It's like they had pulled a lever to go out of "Factory of Sadness" mode for exactly one year and now have pulled it right back where it was.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

And now Baker want's out...but Cleavland wont let him XD
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    And now Baker want's out...but Cleavland wont let him XD
    That is a very Browns thing to do. Make it clear you dont want your QB. Then when he wants out say no.

im also laughing at Amari Cooper XD
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I mean if you have a Qb you said over and over is the guy. Then go in a very public way for a new QB you had better damn sure get that QB. because this has blown up in their face in a huge way.

Not sure I'd go for Tim Couch's old number if I were Amari.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.