Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Here's the Class of 2022 for the NFL Hall of Fame: Tony Boselli, LeRoy Butler, Sam Mills, Richard Seymour, Bryant Young, Cliff Branch, Art McNally, Dick Vermeil

https://www.nfl.com/news/pro-footbal...-at-nfl-honors
    I been pushing that Boselli should go in. Had injuries not derailed his career he would have went in years ago. Guy was a legit stud tackle and his play showed it.

I had thought Sam.Mills and Dick Vermiel were already in Hall of Fame.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I’m happy for Duck Vermeil who coached my Eagles to the Super Bowl in 1980, then won it all two decades later with the Rams.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

With Brady retiring, you guys might have missed the other shoe dropping in DeflateGate ...

https://sports.yahoo.com/as-new-defl...221153589.html

Sounds like it was a hit job all along.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    With Brady retiring, you guys might have missed the other shoe dropping in DeflateGate ...

https://sports.yahoo.com/as-new-defl...221153589.html

Sounds like it was a hit job all along.

It was posted on page 1. And I think everyone knew it was crap as the stories even then months in by smart folks detailed how air will leave balls in cold temps at times. That there was no tampering with the balls as it would have taken a Mission Impossible type deal.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Here's the Class of 2022 for the NFL Hall of Fame: Tony Boselli, LeRoy Butler, Sam Mills, Richard Seymour, Bryant Young, Cliff Branch, Art McNally, Dick Vermeil

https://www.nfl.com/news/pro-footbal...-at-nfl-honors
    Boselli was a beast. Sam Mills was one of the most underrated LBs of that era, and Richard Seymour was one of the original pillars of the Pats' dynasty defense. Bryant Young was probably one of the best defensive lineman of the 90s, and... Dick Vermeil. There's a coach guys would run through a wall for.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

As the clock ticks on Brady going into the Hall of Fame...its time to look back at this special.

- Giovanni Carmazzi : Steve Maricucci discusses how much athletic skills Gio had coming out. That he impressed them with his ability to run and throw. But a big warning sign was ...he played for a small college Hofstra and the competition there wasn't as big as Michigan. He never threw a pass in a NFL game or appeared as a starter in 2 seasons with 49ers.

- Spergon Wynn was drafted in the 6th rd right before Brady. What makes it more insane is Wynn had 46% completion percentage in college ! Wynn admits his attitude of being happy to be a backup likely didn't help him there. Meanwhile Brady in 2000 was telling his friend from Michigan how he planned to beat out Drew Bledsoe for the starting job. And he was stunned at how Brady bragged he was beating out this franchise QB.

Time for my prediction for THE BIG GAME!

Bengals 38, Rams 34
    In my uninformed opinion, Cincinnati figures to be the looser team going into tonight’s game and will be playing with house money since NOBODY had them getting THIS far. Meanwhile, the pressure with be on L.A. since THE BIG GAME is on their turf, and their window to win it all is a good deal shorter than the upstart Bengals. Cincinnati’s fairy tale concludes tonight with THE BIG WIN.

Big shocking NFL News......

- The Indianapolis Colts are expected to trade or release QB Carson Wentz. According to Chris Mortenson the Colts will trade or release him before March 19th. Wentz would be due a $15+ million bonus if he is on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Big shocking NFL News......

- The Indianapolis Colts are expected to trade or release QB Carson Wentz. According to Chris Mortenson the Colts will trade or release him before March 19th. Wentz would be due a $15+ million bonus if he is on the roster.
    My reaction as an Eagles fan….

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Destination for Rodgers?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Destination for Rodgers?
    I think he stays put.

The Colts didn't take that loss to the Jaguars well it seems.

Speaking of disgruntled , the whole Kyler Murray/Arizona relationship is just weird to see play out. Days after Murray dropped the Cardinals from instagram and pictures , the Cardinals comically dropped all his pictures except 2. The one of him at Pro Bowl and one of him drafted as a comical nod there.

But reports are the Cardinals have wanted Murray to step up maturity wise and become a leader now in locker room. That the coaches told him they want him to assume a more leadership position in 2022 and mature. If this is what ticked Murray off its insane comedy.

Extraordinary Member

Great game, and only a little rioting after, probably only with tens of thousands in damage, not nearly LA's usual. I think the Bengals look very promising for the future if they can do something with their line. Congrats to the Rams; just a great comeback. Just remember, Los Angeles still has a mask mandate in force, so everyone in the crowd including the mayor of Los Angeles was wearing a mask.

During the pre-game right before starting Al Michaels introduced Chris Collingsworth for what could be the final time. Its being said Collingsworth deal expires after the Super Bowl with NBC. He is drawing interest from Amazon to do the new Thursday Night football package they have. Also ESPN is rumored to be in competition to reboot Monday Night Football and add Collingsworth as well.

Al Michaels isn't going anywhere and is expected back next season as he details he doesn't plan to retire any time soon. But the Michaels/Collingsworth pairing has been one of the best for years. I'd hate to see it break up.