Page 34 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Cardinals wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins gets a 6 game suspension for violating PED policy.

Elsewhere the New Orleans Saints have reached a three-year, $33 million deal with $18 million guaranteed with the All-Pro safety Tyrann Mathieu.

-M
    They knew it was coming prior to the draft, it's part of why they traded for Hollywood Brown.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So days after the Titans draft , Ryan Tannehill has came out saying he is not gonna mentor or help the Titans rookie QB. Which is the most slap in the face bullsh-t move to a rookie and sums up what Aaron Rodgers did to Love in Green Bay.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So days after the Titans draft , Ryan Tannehill has came out saying he is not gonna mentor or help the Titans rookie QB. Which is the most slap in the face bullsh-t move to a rookie and sums up what Aaron Rodgers did to Love in Green Bay.
    And reveals his lack of character.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    And reveals his lack of character.
    The guy who s***-talked practice squad players when they'd pick him off in practice isn't on board with developing talents outside of his own?

Who knew?
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Bills drafted two MWC players, both of which my Wyoming Cowboys had to play against.

Khalil Shakir of Boise was a pain to deal with. Being in the same division, he's caused us grief on more than one occasion. And often would drag the Boise offense into the Endzone.

Matt Araiza of SDSU. This guy. This guy too often flipped the field for an otherwise lackadaisical SDSU offense when they were pretty well pinned behind their own 20. Not sure how often he'll see the field with Josh running the offense, but always good to have a punter with a cannon leg.

On another note; Chad Muma MLB, of the Wyoming Cowboys (and from Wyoming), got drafted to the Jags, and plays with fellow Wyomingite and Wyoming player, Andrew Wingard. Admittedly, I don't know too much about the Jags defense, but Muma has a nose for the ball. And often times, the guy the changed the tempo of the game for Wyoming. He's not bad in block shedding, but really shines when he doesn't have to worry too much about a blocker getting too him.

BANNED

Mayhap Tannehill is angling for a trade or release for greener pastures. They did just trade away his best weapon, and clearly have little faith in him. Still a s##t move.

Willis is a 3rd rd pick. The Titans were lucky to find him there and it became a ...do we pass on a potential franchise QB in this part of the draft ? Someone posted a video of Alex Smith finding out about the Chiefs drafting Pat Mahomes. He was called minutes before the pick by Reid who told him they were gonna select Mahomes and he accepted it. That him and Mahomes spoke on the phone and he would help him. That with 13 years in the league he knew he wouldn't be long term guy in KC.

There isn't many Alex Smith's in the league. Love and now Willis has to handle that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I think a lot of people read the headline or quote/soundbite about Tannehill and didn't bother to read the actual story. Yes he said it wasn't his job to mentor the QB (and he's right, his job is to play football, it's the coaches' job to mentor the new player that's why they are coaches) but he also mentioned he reached out to Willis and welcomed him to the team and hoped Willis could learn by watching him do his job. Not saying this looks good for Tannehill or that Tannehill is in the right, but despite saying it's not his job he did reach out to his new teammate to establish a working relationship.

And I wonder how many people criticizing Tannehill for this would be happy if they got a call tonight from their employer telling them they had hired your replacement and starting tomorrow you were expected to train, mentor an groom him to take over for you so they could let you go and get the job done by a less expensive employee, and as soon as they determined your replacement was ready, you would be let go and have to go look for work elsewhere. I don't think many people would be smiling and saying I am accepting of this and happy to do it. Would you shrug and say that's the way this business is and I am going to keep doing my job to the best of my ability for as long as I work here, or would you be pissing and moaning and creating a stink and think about tanking to spite your employer and start looking for a new job right away?

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

I think a lot of people read the headline or quote/soundbite about Tannehill and didn't bother to read the actual story. Yes he said it wasn't his job to mentor the QB (and he's right, his job is to play football, it's the coaches' job to mentor the new player that's why they are coaches) but he also mentioned he reached out to Willis and welcomed him to the team and hoped Willis could learn by watching him do his job. Not saying this looks good for Tannehill or that Tannehill is in the right, but despite saying it's not his job he did reach out to his new teammate to establish a working relationship.

And I wonder how many people criticizing Tannehill for this would be happy if they got a call tonight from their employer telling them they had hired your replacement and starting tomorrow you were expected to train, mentor an groom him to take over for you so they could let you go and get the job done by a less expensive employee, and as soon as they determined your replacement was ready, you would be let go and have to go look for work elsewhere. I don't think many people would be smiling and saying I am accepting of this and happy to do it. Would you shrug and say that's the way this business is and I am going to keep doing my job to the best of my ability for as long as I work here, or would you be pissing and moaning and creating a stink and think about tanking to spite your employer and start looking for a new job right away?

-M

Except QB's like Alex Smith showed that they can handle it with class and grace. A fact Reid , Mahomes and everyone has praised him for that. Smith mentored Mahomes , showed him how to be a pro QB and more as Mahomes has brought up.

Tannehill saying the "I don't need to mentor him.." is a classless f-ck reaction.

-M
    In Sports that is how it goes. Dont preform or get older you get your butt booted for a younger guy. This aint like a bank manager job a person can hold for 30 40 years (Shut up Brady)
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Except QB's like Alex Smith showed that they can handle it with class and grace. A fact Reid , Mahomes and everyone has praised him for that. Smith mentored Mahomes , showed him how to be a pro QB and more as Mahomes has brought up.

Tannehill saying the "I don't need to mentor him.." is a classless f-ck reaction.
    Sure it is, but Smith is an exception not the rule. And I think most of the people criticizing Tannehill would do the exact same thing if it was them being replaced. So casting the first stone and all. And at leas the Chiefs informed Smith before the pick was made so he had a chance to compose himself and react before being tossed in the fray after being sucker punched by the pick. So in the same sense, totally classless move on the part of the Titans organization, they could have at least reached out to Tannehill to let him know they were looking to take a QB and give him a chance to react before it happened. They aren't required to, but it would have been the right thing to do, just like Tennehill is not required to like or accept them hiring his replacement and expecting him to coach him.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 05-04-2022 at 08:58 PM.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    In Sports that is how it goes. Dont preform or get older you get your butt booted for a younger guy. This aint like a bank manager job a person can hold for 30 40 years (Shut up Brady)
    Sure but it works both ways then, why should an organization expect loyalty or a hometown discount from a player when free agency looms, step up and pay up for what I can get on the market, this ain't a charity. But players who do that get crucified while teams get a free pass most of the time. If you are going to dump a player without a thought when he is no longer useful, you shouldn't be surprised when a player will dump the team when it is no longer useful to him. It's a business cuts both ways.

-M

Sure it is, but Smith is an exception not the rule. And I think most of the people criticizing Tannehill would do the exact same thing if it was them being replaced. So casting the first stone and all. And at leas the Chiefs informed Smith before the pick was made so he had a chance to compose himself and react before being tossed in the fray after being sucker punched by the pick. So in the same sense, totally classless move on the part of the Titans organization, they could have at least reached out to Tannehill to let him know they were looking to take a QB and give him a chance to react before it happened. They aren't required to, but it would have been the right thing to do, just like Tennehill is not required to like or accept them hiring his replacement and expecting him to coach him.

-M

It was a 3rd rd pick. A gamble pick for Willis who may not work out. Already Kurt Warner has blasted Tannehill and said on Twitter he can't understand this mentality for younger players at QB. That if a young QB needs a mentor , call him.

Also Alex only learned minutes before the pick. A sure fire 1st rd pick is gonna start over a possible 3rd rd pick ...maybe starting if everything works. And Willis needs the help and having the starter come out and proclaim he won't help him...sets him back.

Practically the same thing happened with Mariota when Tannehill came along. The big difference being that Tannehill just signed a four-year contract. From the Titans perspective, they know Tannehill has been in the league ten years and they want him to still start, but train his inevitable replacement. Sounds like the Titans are trying to do the best thing they can do with the talent they have. I mean, what does Tannehill expect, that he will just keep getting better and better? He should really start looking around for something to do after football pretty soon. And he should also want to leave a legacy behind in helping the next Titans guy be great, not a legacy of being a bitterman who won't help out unless forced.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, I really don't understand why more good players dont do everything they can to hit free agency. It seems like that's where the big bucks are.