Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Raiders announced Dan Ventrelle is out as team president and no longer part of the Raider organization, no reason given, and both Ventrelle and the Raiders refused to comment further when contacted. The Raiders have been cleaning house n their front office since the Gruden fiasco, with several executives let go over the past year, but no indication if that was part of this process or something else. It was a sudden and unexpected move.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbi View Post
    Yeah, I really don't understand why more good players dont do everything they can to hit free agency. It seems like that's where the big bucks are.
    The reasons can be varied. Maybe they like the city they play for, maybe it's a good rapport with the team, even more so if paired with the natural tendency of people to want stability or fear change.

And one of the biggest reasons is if the team is a contender - most players want to get a ring at some point.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The reasons can be varied. Maybe they like the city they play for, maybe it's a good rapport with the team, even more so if paired with the natural tendency of people to want stability or fear change.

And one of the biggest reasons is if the team is a contender - most players want to get a ring at some point.
    Some don't want to have to go through the process of learning a new playbook or defensive scheme after playing in the same one for most of their professional career. They may not want to uproot family, they may not want to have reestablish themselves in the locker room or in meeting rooms with coaches, they may not want to chance going to a state with state or local income tax if they are in a no income tax state, they may be in a market that offers good opportunities for additional income for ads, sponsorships, etc. that they might not get in another market that more than makes up for the difference in salary, especially if it's not guaranteed salary with the other team. there may be cost of living increases or higher rents involved moving to another market, meaning that while they technically earn more they make less by moving etc. etc. There's more to the bottom line value being with one team over another than just the dollar amount on the contract.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 05-06-2022 at 04:51 PM.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Dan Ventrelle finally commented on his firing, saying his was fired in retaliation after he went to the NFL to report several allegations of a hostile work environment in the Raiders organization after owner Mark Davis ignored him when he brought it to Davis' attention. The entire Raiders organization looks more and more of a hot mess and might give the Commanders a run for their money as the worst run NFL franchise.

-M

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Dan Ventrelle finally commented on his firing, saying his was fired in retaliation after he went to the NFL to report several allegations of a hostile work environment in the Raiders organization after owner Mark Davis ignored him when he brought it to Davis' attention. The entire Raiders organization looks more and more of a hot mess and might give the Commanders a run for their money as the worst run NFL franchise.

-M
    A whistleblower called out his employer over shitty work conditions and paid the price with his job.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post

-M
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A whistleblower called out his employer over shitty work conditions and paid the price with his job.
    Marc Davis fired back with this one....

"The only thing I want made clear is that Dan Ventrelle was never president of the Raiders. He has always been the interim president. He was never named president. The interim was always a temporary designation to determine whether he would be the (full-time) president or not. I want that clear -- he is not the president of the Las Vegas Raiders. Never was. I think there's a misconception about that."

https://www.nfl.com/news/raiders-ann...h-organization

I would like to tell the owner , when a guy becomes an interim anything , they are in fact that. Its a lot like when a coach is fired and a coach is named the "Interim Head Coach". They get the power to be coach then. Not a "They were never Head Coach. Let me make that clear..." lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Marc Davis fired back with this one....

https://www.nfl.com/news/raiders-ann...h-organization

I would like to tell the owner , when a guy becomes an interim anything , they are in fact that. Its a lot like when a coach is fired and a coach is named the "Interim Head Coach". They get the power to be coach then. Not a "They were never Head Coach. Let me make that clear..." lol
    So, by not addressing the elephant in the room, that being the shitty work environment, Davis all but admitted there WAS a problem that needs to be investigated by the league. To quote the esteemed Bugs Bunny, wotta maroon!

His haircut is a crime to begin with, but sexual harassment ain't no joke.

Imagine both Washington and the Raiders end up having forced ownership sales due to misconduct within the next 2 years. And that the Davis family, after all of Al's lawsuits against the league, finally failsons his family out of the NFL...
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

In other legal news , not the Raiders....former NFL safety Earl Thomas is in deep sheeeeet. There are allegations from others about things. But here we go...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ty-earl-thomas
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

In other legal news , not the Raiders....former NFL safety Earl Thomas is in deep sheeeeet. There are allegations from others about things. But here we go...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ty-earl-thomas
    And Thomas is going to stay a former safety because no one’s going to touch him after this.

And Thomas is going to stay a former safety because no one’s going to touch him after this.
    You never know, the Browns might need help at safety....

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 05-08-2022 at 09:10 PM.

I wonder if Dan Snyder is thinking , ya know I could sure use Earl Thomas to distract folks from me. lol

I wonder if Dan Snyder is thinking , ya know I could sure use Earl Thomas to distract folks from me. lol
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's actually thinking that.

Just got an alert from Bleacher Report that my Eagles will open their season as part of a double header on Monday Night Football. I for one am surprised about that, I mean, at best, this team is no better than middle of the road, how they deserved that honor is quite the surprise to me.

Just got an alert from Bleacher Report that my Eagles will open their season as part of a double header on Monday Night Football. I for one am surprised about that, I mean, at best, this team is no better than middle of the road, how they deserved that honor is quite the surprise to me.
    I think you got a good shot of winning the NFC East this year. I don't think that will be a big accomplishment, but I think you'll do it.