Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

I will be honest. I was am still am one of the ones that was bothered by his kneeling. That is a personal thing. I dont think he should have been black listed and banned. And I am upset at the personal attacks and hate he got.

I didnt like what he did. But I understood why he was doing it and I support his right to do it because it was a protest that was none violent and didnt hurt any one physically. And the only people who it hurt mentally are the people who went over board and bat **** crazy for no reason.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    "Us" as in racist white people and owners. Because polls showed a slim majority support his right to kneel. But yes it is an indictment on our society.
    Absolutely. Anyone who thinks race didn’t play a part in all the hate Kaepernick got when he knelt are delusional. Flash forward to today: San Francisco Giants manager Gabe Kapler announced a couple of weeks ago that he wouldn’t leave the dugout for the National Anthem to protest the crappy things going on in the country, but, as far as I know, there hasn’t been so much as a peep of anger directed at him, and, I’m guessing that’s because Kapler is white.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Absolutely. Anyone who thinks race didn’t play a part in all the hate Kaepernick got when he knelt are delusional. Flash forward to today: San Francisco Giants manager Gabe Kapler announced a couple of weeks ago that he wouldn’t leave the dugout for the National Anthem to protest the crappy things going on in the country, but, as far as I know, there hasn’t been so much as a peep of anger directed at him, and, I’m guessing that’s because Kapler is white.
    I didnt even hear about it to be honest. This is the first I am learned that he is doing this. It goes to show the difference in coverage on how the two things were handled.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I didnt even hear about it to be honest. This is the first I am learned that he is doing this. It goes to show the difference in coverage on how the two things were handled.
    I found out about this almost by accident because Kapler used to manage the Phillies, and I idly kept tabs on his second act in Frisco. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have known about his protest either.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I found out about this almost by accident because Kapler used to manage the Phillies, and I idly kept tabs on his second act in Frisco. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have known about his protest either.
    i watch MLB network for several hours a day most days during the baseball season. I have not heard a word on this at all.

Would anyone bat an eye at or any reporter even cover a sports field protest of that manner now? I mean, its been done by lots of people at this point and what it means is understood. Doesn't seem like news to me, unless someone finds another more controversial way to protest.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I will be honest. I was am still am one of the ones that was bothered by his kneeling. That is a personal thing. I dont think he should have been black listed and banned. And I am upset at the personal attacks and hate he got.

I didnt like what he did. But I understood why he was doing it and I support his right to do it because it was a protest that was none violent and didnt hurt any one physically. And the only people who it hurt mentally are the people who went over board and bat **** crazy for no reason.
    I worked security at the last game Kaep played at State Farm Stadium as a 49er against the Cardinals. I ended up being relocated to the tunnel exiting the field post-game.

I have never been in the middle of something so hostile. And it was 110% racially motivated, with the epithets being yelled at him as he left.

That was the day I went from football fan who hated Kaep for owning my team for years, to human being respecting his decision to take a stand against police violence, and everything that came with it. I had to be dead in the f***ing middle of it to really see. And it is that bad.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Former Dallas Cowboys running back Don Perkins, a member of the team's Ring Of Honor, has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I at 1st was a bit irked about the taking a knee situation til I realized he had a right to his beliefs in doing it. But the main problem with Kaepernick I had and made really known was his stupidity for not doing a trade that the 49ers had worked out. It was that final off season and the 49ers had worked out his trade to Denver.

John Elway wanted Kaepernick who he felt could start but the QB had struggled the season before. So his cap number was an issue. Elway wanted Kaepernick to take a cut to below $10 million to start that season. It was essentially a "make or break" year. To see if he could rebound career wise and get a new long term deal. It was him having to show he could rebound and get a new long term deal.

Looking back this is a move Kaepernick should have done then. He should should have taken a pay cut and trade to Denver. To get a new career start and see how well he could play elsewhere. Instead he stuck around a final season where he did play pretty decent but his kneeling made the team scared and coaching/GM change led into him being let go.

But the Denver trade was something he should have done.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Have not posted here much this year so far as my Pats do not look great going into camp in a few months. I am looking forward to seeing what Mac can do in year 2 but not with the coaching staff we have. Joe Judge helping Mac?! Please. Do we even have a offensive coordinator yet? Ya I didn't think so.

This wont be the best year to be a Pats fan I am sorry to say.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Have not posted here much this year so far as my Pats do not look great going into camp in a few months. I am looking forward to seeing what Mac can do in year 2 but not with the coaching staff we have. Joe Judge helping Mac?! Please. Do we even have a offensive coordinator yet? Ya I didn't think so.

Pats fans are so greedy. They want a winning season every year. Save some for us guys!

Pats fans are so greedy. They want a winning season every year. Save some for us guys!
    I'm sorry, are we supposed to want a losing season?

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post

All signs are pointing to Matt Patricia calling the plays on offense this season. Whether he gets the official "offensive coordinator" title remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I'm sorry, are we supposed to want a losing season?
    of Course not. But you know it wouldnt hurt my feelings Think of the rest of us here. Think of the Eagles fans who have to ride behind The Cowboys so often. Think of that 1 Fan of Washington left in the USA.

I am still in Shock my Bengals made it to the SB. Still have PTSD for the last um... All of Bengals history so I am expecting a huge meltdown next season.

of Course not. But you know it wouldnt hurt my feelings Think of the rest of us here. Think of the Eagles fans who have to ride behind The Cowboys so often. Think of that 1 Fan of Washington left in the USA.

I am still in Shock my Bengals made it to the SB. Still have PTSD for the last um... All of Bengals history so I am expecting a huge meltdown next season.
    Well, I'm not one to care about the fans of other teams being better than the team I root for so that's not going to change any time soon. Good luck though.