Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Running back Malcolm Perry, who played for the Dolphins and had signed with the Patriots but didn't play for them, has retired from the NFL and returned to Navy service.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

In the latest example of, "What the f*** does the front office of the Houston Texans even think its doing...?"

They drafted John Metchie III out of Alabama three months ago, and apparently their medical staff missed that the kid has acute promyelocytic leukemia. A SECOND ROUND PICK.

I wish the kid a full recovery and hope he makes it back on the field... but missing a whole year while you're getting chemo's gonna be a big obstacle to him getting his career up and going.

And the Texans... thank you for being so bad at this that it makes me feel better about being an Arizona fan.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Andy Dalton signs a one year deal with the Saints.

https://www.si.com/nfl/saints/news/*...qb-andy-dalton
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    In the latest example of, "What the f*** does the front office of the Houston Texans even think its doing...?"

They drafted John Metchie III out of Alabama three months ago, and apparently their medical staff missed that the kid has acute promyelocytic leukemia. A SECOND ROUND PICK.

I wish the kid a full recovery and hope he makes it back on the field... but missing a whole year while you're getting chemo's gonna be a big obstacle to him getting his career up and going.

And the Texans... thank you for being so bad at this that it makes me feel better about being an Arizona fan.
    How in the world did the Texans miss that?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    How in the world did the Texans miss that?
    Sounds like the player himself did not know. So it may not all be on the Texans as much as we like to bag on them.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Sounds like the player himself did not know. So it may not all be on the Texans as much as we like to bag on them.
    It would have been the most basic medical test. Like, players have heart conditions caught during pre-draft. How did everyone miss that?

Looks like Bengals QB Joe Burrow is going to miss part of the team's training camp which opens up tomorrow because he needs to get an appendectomy. The procedure is scheduled to happen in the next 2 days, so he will likely miss at least the first week of camp.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Looks like Bengals QB Joe Burrow is going to miss part of the team's training camp which opens up tomorrow because he needs to get an appendectomy. The procedure is scheduled to happen in the next 2 days, so he will likely miss at least the first week of camp.

-M
    Yea that is bummer. We had a hilicopter crash and two shootings and the first 5 minutes of the 3pm news was Burrow.

-M
    He's gonna get out of Cincinnatti, and away from the cheapass Brown family, even if it's one organ at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    He's gonna get out of Cincinnatti, and away from the cheapass Brown family, even if it's one organ at a time.
    Brown Yesterday during the yearly Pre training camp lunch and Presser said he is aware that Burrow is going to cost a lot more in a couple years and they are making plans for it.

On another note He is also trying to sell the naming rights to Paul Brown Stadium. Trying to get the money ready I guess?

Brown Yesterday during the yearly Pre training camp lunch and Presser said he is aware that Burrow is going to cost a lot more in a couple years and they are making plans for it.

On another note He is also trying to sell the naming rights to Paul Brown Stadium. Trying to get the money ready I guess?
    They should sell it to a trash hauling company so they can just name the stadium "The Dumpster Fire" and go with the truth in advertising path. Same company should buy the Browns stadium rights and we can have Dumpster Fire East and Dumpster Fire West in Ohio.

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

They should sell it to a trash hauling company so they can just name the stadium "The Dumpster Fire" and go with the truth in advertising path. Same company should buy the Browns stadium rights and we can have Dumpster Fire East and Dumpster Fire West in Ohio.

-M
    The last couple years as far as the front office and signings go we have been getting better. And we went to a Super Bowl last year so...

The last couple years as far as the front office and signings go we have been getting better. And we went to a Super Bowl last year so...
    Talk to me again when Burrow is on his second franchise tag with the team and still not signed a longterm second contract...

-M

Talk to me again when Burrow is on his second franchise tag with the team and still not signed a longterm second contract...

-M
    Im not saying it wont happen. But for now he still has two years on his rookie Contract. So I am going to sit back and enjoy him lighting it up as he makes a highlight reel for his next team

I have been Watching the Bengals over 30 years. I know what they are. But I am saying the last two years have been very out of character. Mike Brown no longer runs the day to day and his daughter is more willing to take risks and spend money.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In one of the oddest contract stipulations ; Kyler Murray had to spend 4 hours during the week studying. This was a stipulation in his contract.

Thats a weird contract stipulation to see placed in there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.