Page 48 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Looks like Tampa Bay Bucs are signing Julio Jones.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Lol, TB12 gets another new toy.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Between Godwin (when healthy), Evans, Russell Gage (almost forgot they signed him), and now Julio I almost feel like they ought to trade somebody for another piece on the defense or maybe O-line depth. But good for Mr. Brady, I'll be rooting for him unless he faces my Pats.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Looks like Tampa Bay Bucs are signing Julio Jones.

-M
    I guess Jones rationalized, if you can’t beat the devil, then join him.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Kansas City signed Carlos Dunlap (DE) to a 1 year deal today. Dunlap at 33 is still a solid pass rusher. He will be used to teach KCs rookie DE this season.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ex-NFL player Kevin Ware has been indicted for murder in the death of his ex-girlfriend. Article Link
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Ex-NFL player Kevin Ware has been indicted for murder in the death of his ex-girlfriend. Article Link
    Cant say that I remember him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbi View Post
    Cant say that I remember him.
    He only had 4 catches in his 2 season career in early 2000s.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

In Arizona the Cardinals created a firestorm with the contract stipulation in Kyler Murray's new deal. In this contract it said Murray had to do 4 hours of independent study a week. With no distractions.

This made people question Murray's study habits for games.

Well yesterday the Cardinals removed it from the contract.

Wonder if that had been a Kingsbury addition to Murray's contract. Seems just dumb and oblique enough for him.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Former Broncos and Ravens DE Derek Wolfe, who was part of Denver's 2015 Super Bowl-winning team, has announced his retirement.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Wonder if that had been a Kingsbury addition to Murray's contract. Seems just dumb and oblique enough for him.
    Word was Cardinals team president and failson Michael Bidwill was the one who wanted that language in there.

He's only half as terrible an owner as his father was, but that's still plenty bad at it.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Word was Cardinals team president and failson Michael Bidwill was the one who wanted that language in there.

He's only half as terrible an owner as his father was, but that's still plenty bad at it.
    I have to wonder if he got burned once and is overcompensating
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I have to wonder if he got burned once and is overcompensating
    I mean, Josh Rosen was there for a year. Maybe that kid. Maybe Matt Leinart, back in the day.

But most of Arizona's success stories at QB, Kurt Warner... Carson Palmer... those guys ate film for breakfast, lunch, brunch, and dinner.

Kyler had media reports about him arrogantly not looking at enough film because throughout high school and college... he just didn't have to try hard and he won so damned much. He himself has made statements about not wanting to view TOO much film, for fear of overthinking things... but nothing to indicate that number is less than "4 hours a week" like was in the contract stiuplation. That is ridiculous, and disrespectful. His teammates and teammates all are backing him, current and former, that he puts time in the film room. Somebody, somewhere, with an axe to grind who he rubbed the wrong way would confirm these reports if there was anything to them.

The scrutiny from some circles seems like it's trying to find some link or trend. Some Washington Post goon put up a poll that had Kyler's fantasy scores before Call of Duty is released every year, and after it's released, insinuating he stops trying because he's busy playing video games in the second half of seasons.

Is there something to this? Maybe the tiniest grain of doubt, but the only quote on record about it out there is from Charlie Casserly, former Washington GM, and that guy's full of s***.

What is starting to happen, is that the narrative is starting to change towards this being more about scrutiny that black QBs get, that the white ones don't. Patrick Mahomes said as much on Friday.

He's noting himself, and Lamar and Kyler. The first two in that trio have several MVP awards between them already, and none of them are even 30 yet. Kyler, meanwhile, in 3 seasons, has stats that compare or are even better than people like Lamar, Russell Wilson and Cam Newton in their first three years. We're talking dual-threat MVPs.

As someone that watches this team, I can tell you Kyler is NOT the problem they've had. When he has struggled late in seasons, he may be a little dinged up, but a lot of years, by the time the late-season swoons start, the line in front of him is dismantled, and his top WRs are out for the games where he struggles the most.

I will, however, abstain from defending Kyler or ANYONE else in the organization for that first round matchup game with the Rams.

Meanwhile, there ARE quarterbacks who should be scrutinized way more for their play on the field... like NY Giants QB Daniel Jones.

Somehow, in a training camp drill... Jones managed to throw an errant pass that his a disabled Giants fan.

Pretty sure the Giants are gonna be tanking and hoping to get a QB in the 2023 draft this year. The fact that the NFC East is so bad might mean they'll screw it up and get too many wins to end up in the Top 3 for a decent one.