Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Boo, wanted him to come back here. But guess it's good that he's got a job this soon. Figured it'd be much later or never given the allegations against the Dolphins and the investigations we're going to be hearing about for the next however long.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Boo, wanted him to come back here. But guess it's good that he's got a job this soon. Figured it'd be much later or never given the allegations against the Dolphins and the investigations we're going to be hearing about for the next however long.
    All things considered, Pittsburgh is a good landing spot for Flores, given the team's longtime stability.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The Steelers have hired Brian Flores as their senior defensive assistant / linebackers coach. Article Link.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    All things considered, Pittsburgh is a good landing spot for Flores, given the team's longtime stability.
    The team whose owner is who the Rooney rule is named for, and for a minute this ioffseason, had the only African American head coach in the league.

Seems like a great landing spot for Flores, and a place that will not hold his lawsuit filing against him.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I agree with the sentiment. However, Pittsburgh might be the best place he could go.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Wide Receiver Charley Taylor, who played for the Washington Redskins during his playing days (not the Washington Commanders like the article says), has passed away.

AAAA1st16.jpg
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

BANNED

Oh sure, not saying it's a bad thing at all. Just that I'm biased, and wanted him back here. But on the whole, good news that I cynically did not expect to see for years or more likely ever. Good on the Steelers, and that may be the last time I say that.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Wide Receiver Charley Taylor, who played for the Washington Redskins during his playing days (not the Washington Commanders like the article says), has passed away.

AAAA1st16.jpg

A lot of older players get few mentions but the numbers he put up before the league became a passing one shows how good he was. Taylor had over 10,000+ yards receiving and rushing back in the 1960's and 1970's. That was pretty big and its nice to read he got in the Hall of Fame back in 1980's.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The NFL and XFL will now be working together on player development and safety. The XFL is due to launch in spring 2023 by THE ROCK. It appears teams will be likely sending players to be developed by the XFL ala the old NFL Europe system then.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I swear I thought you were going to say all teams from now on were going to be announced by the ROCK. Whew.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The NFL and XFL will now be working together on player development and safety. The XFL is due to launch in spring 2023 by THE ROCK. It appears teams will be likely sending players to be developed by the XFL ala the old NFL Europe system then.
    It all sounds very interesting. I'm curious to see where this collaberation goes.

Last place NFL team should play first place XFL team.

Winner gets or stays in the NFL and gets #1 draft pick.

Loser goes to XFL and is assigned winner's team alignment. I assume the XFL will be more like hockey or the current practice squad rules in that you can pipeline players but they're not 100% guaranteed to be on your major team unless you sign them fully. I doubt they go the baseball route.

This takes place instead of a Pro Bowl game which is now a skills competition.

XFL plays on Wednesdays and Saturdays with shorter season (like 10-12 games) so there is plenty of rest from pre-season to playoffs to allow signing and call-ups. All bye weeks are the same.

For example ...

The Roughnecks play the Jags. Roughnecks win and get the #1 draft spot, Jags are now loosely aligned with the NY Giants.

Or if there's no alignment, you can skip that part.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-22-2022 at 08:10 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The Chiefs began the off season with a 1st cut of the year and cut LB Anthony Hitchens. The LB had played 4 seasons in KC and was very productive as he signed as a free agent in 2018. But KC needed cap space and they also had rookie Nick Bolton come along as a all-pro so they made the decision to cut Hitchens.

From what is being reported Watson's deposition won't take place til after April. Which has to kill the Texans trade prospects again. At one point its being told that Miami was prepared near the trade deadline to send 3 , 1st rd picks for Watson. But held off due to situations over his court case ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    From what is being reported Watson's deposition won't take place til after April. Which has to kill the Texans trade prospects again. At one point its being told that Miami was prepared near the trade deadline to send 3 , 1st rd picks for Watson. But held off due to situations over his court case ahead.
    Watson already lost one season due to this mess, and, regardless of what happens in the court case, there’s still the prospect of a suspension by the league. It wouldn’t be a shock if Watson goes two whole seasons without taking the field.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Watson already lost one season due to this mess, and, regardless of what happens in the court case, there’s still the prospect of a suspension by the league. It wouldn’t be a shock if Watson goes two whole seasons without taking the field.
    To be honest I think his career is pretty much over at this point. He missed one season, The he may be facing legal trouble, and possible suspension from the NFL. There is not going to be a team that takes a chance on him with that hanging over his head.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.