Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I was watching the Jets because they were playing my Eagles and New York's medical staff wasted little time taking Wilson off the field after the play where he injured himself.
    He missed three games last season with a PCL injury in that same knee, and any team is going to rush to get their QB out of their in a preseason game with any sign of injury, so I think if he had just stubbed his toe response time to to get him off the field would have been the same. A sprained PCL is serious, it means he misses the rest of the preseason and possibly the first few weeks of the regular season, an ACL means the season. Neither is a good outcome for the Jets or Wilson, but I'm hoping for his sake it is just a PCL sprain and the ACL is indeed still intact.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Watson gives an Im sorry to the woman he impacted on a pregame show last night. Trying to save his nutt and seem like he gives a damn so the NFL does not come down hard on him.

https://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter/sta...20328882561027

Meanwhile Jags fans chat

"You sick F***" As he was on the field last night. And Jags fans are not a rival to The Browns. Wait till he shows up to play the Ravens or Steelers. But not the Bengals (We are a classy bunch)
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Watson gives an Im sorry to the woman he impacted on a pregame show last night. Trying to save his nutt and seem like he gives a damn so the NFL does not come down hard on him.

Meanwhile Jags fans chat

"You sick F***" As he was on the field last night. And Jags fans are not a rival to The Browns. Wait till he shows up to play the Ravens or Steelers. But not the Bengals (We are a classy bunch)
    For the Steelers to have excused Big Ben for over a decade, they'll be pretty hypocritical to go after Watson.

I'd still be fine with it, Watson deserves all the venom he's gonna get from crowd taunts. So does Ben. Regardless of team, if there's a sexual predator at any position at any age, I don't care if they're the best guy to ever suit up in the league, I'd want them gone from my team.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

Meanwhile Jags fans chat

Nothing more than a PR maneuver by Watson….and it’s not going to work.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Looks like Jets and Wilson avoided the worst case scenario...

New York Jets quarterback Zach Wilson will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his right knee and is expected to miss two to four weeks, sources confirmed to ESPN on Saturday.

Wilson, who suffered a noncontact injury during Friday's preseason game against the Philadelphia Eagles, was diagnosed with a bone bruise and a meniscus tear, a source said, adding that the meniscus doesn't need a full repair, only a "trim."

The procedure date is pending a second opinion.

The Jets haven't ruled out the possibility of Wilson being ready for their Sept. 11 opener against the Baltimore Ravens, although that seems unrealistic because the game is only four weeks away and he will need practice time. While the team is encouraged by the prognosis, the timetable could be extended if more damage is discovered during the arthroscopy.
    -M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Watching Colts vs. Bills on NFL Network. I know it’s just preseason, but Nick Foles has not looked good for Indy, throwing picks in back to back series, one of which was returned to the house.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    For the Steelers to have excused Big Ben for over a decade, they'll be pretty hypocritical to go after Watson.

I'd still be fine with it, Watson deserves all the venom he's gonna get from crowd taunts. So does Ben. Regardless of team, if there's a sexual predator at any position at any age, I don't care if they're the best guy to ever suit up in the league, I'd want them gone from my team.
    I agree. I hope the fans come down with vengeance against Watson, this year or next when he starts.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Looks like Jets and Wilson avoided the worst case scenario...
    The "worst case scenario" for the Jets is usually "the team has to play the season". It would save them so much embarrassment if they didn't.

But at least Wilson didn't get on IR for something sillier like the last big Jets would-be franchise QB:

The parodies of this one were legendary.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    What? So they don't get to have an opinion because the team they root for happened to employ Ben Roethlisberger?

Steelers fans have taken **** and listened to rape jokes for over ten years, if you don't think they are going to rip on some of the very people who giving it to them... Well, I am afraid I have some bad news for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbi View Post
    What? So they don't get to have an opinion because the team they root for happened to employ Ben Roethlisberger?

Steelers fans have taken **** and listened to rape jokes for over ten years, if you don't think they are going to rip on some of the very people who giving it to them... Well, I am afraid I have some bad news for you.
    You clipped off the second half of my post, where I specifically said I'd be fine with it.

Or, we can selectively edit out half my post to pretend there's an argument where we don't have one.

Come on, man.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 08-15-2022 at 02:18 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The Jets clearly have hurt Wilson. There is tape where Wilson had Mahomes type abilities and could run and throw with a cannon for an arm. Yet...where KC had a ready built offensive line and WR's for Mahomes to explode on ignition with in 2018 ; the Jets had a shoddy offensive line and no real weapons. Then threw him out there way before he was ready and saw him go through issues.

I'm a huge Pat Mahomes fan but if anyone remembers in 2017 he wasn't ready at all. A fact Reid , Mahomes and others saw this. In practices Reid in that summer is seen teaching Mahomes about things. So he wasn't thrown into the fire before he could handle it.

Wilson got none of this and you have to worry about how fast he'll implode due to the NY "football" Jets ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The reports are saying they have to scope his knee and see how he does.

So he's on the chronic knee injury regime before his 2nd season even starts.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Deshaun Watson agreement with the NFL for 11 game suspension and $5 million fine. So who do the Browns play as QB for most of the season? Jimmy G?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Since they have Watson under contract for years after this I can't imagine they shell out for a big-ticket back-up like Jimmy G. They'll just eat this year, take the low pick they'll likely have, see about keeping their key players going forward, and hope the black eye of having the face of their franchise be a serial sexual abuser doesn't hurt them too much with the fanbase. And history says if they're successful when he plays they'll likely be fine.

Too bad Fitzmagic retired, the Browns is exactly the kind of place for him to go save the day.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.