Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    And Watsons first game back is vs the Texans. That is why the NFL did not push for 12. Do 11 and get the ratings on the Watson Come Back Revenge game!
    I had to check, but I wanted to know how long it will be in between the last time Deshaun Watson played, and when he returns after his 11 game suspension.

He played 1/3/21 against the Titans. He's coming back 12/8/22 against the Texans.

23 months is an eternity for any player to miss, and end up with rust when returning to game action. There's a chance that Watson's gonna get plugged in by Browns staff with playoff hopes on the line, and he might not be back up to full form, if he ever returns to it.

And frankly, I hope the Factory of Sadness eats ALLLLLL the s*** for ignoring the wrongdoings of a sexual predator in the hopes they win. Especially after investing all that money in this. If it cripples them as a franchise for a few years, they f***ing deserve to limp after choosing to shoot themselves in the foot.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    So, it looks like Seattle has Nothing to worry about.
    This whole thing rings of GM John Schneider wanting to tank for a year to get a top draft pick and bring in a new franchise QB in the 2023 draft.

I mean, trading Russell Wilson and asking for Drew Lock & Noah Fant in return instead of picks is the only thing that belies that. I have no idea what that part of the trade was about.

But this does not look like a roster built to win. It looks more like the team that had Tavaris Jackson at the helm, with Pete Carroll assuring everybody they were fine with him as starter.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I try and not to put too much stock into the preseason... but holy geez does it look like Seattle's gonna be bad this year. Regardless of if they put Smith or Lock under center, they've got a roster devoid of talent. It's Tyler Lockett and... uhm... I guess Jamaal Adams is good at playing the run, but you kinda want a safety to also be able to cover people, so that's a problem.
    Well, they do have DK Metcalf, but who’s going to throw him the ball?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Watson is lucky he did not protest about Social Injustice, then he's be screwed.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Kind of makes me sick to think about. Honestly, abusing women or taking a knee. Which one is the forgivable sin? And what the f##k does that say about the fanbase?

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Kind of makes me sick to think about. Honestly, abusing women or taking a knee. Which one is the forgivable sin? And what the f##k does that say about the fanbase?
    A lot of browns fans are gushing over Watson.

"We love you! You are going to save the Browns." it is pretty sick.

There are some Browns fans that are vocal about how they hate what the Browns did and are boycotting the team. How long that lasts if Watson gets them to the playoffs next year I dont know.

My friend Nick lives ina Cleveland Suburb. he and his dad have had season tickets for ten years. They dropped them this year.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, they do have DK Metcalf, but who’s going to throw him the ball?
    A QB1 that is most team's QB3.

Also, their backup Drew Lock has COVID really bad.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-20-2022 at 06:58 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    A QB1 that is most team's QB3.

Also, their backup Drew Lock as COVID really bad.
    With Lock losing practice and game time, Geno Smith is looking more and more like the week one starter for the Seahawks. Who in Seattle had THAT on their 2022 Bingo card?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Allen only played for 1 series, but picked up right where left off.

Seahawks and Panthers look REALLY bad.

I know it's only preseason but still ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Future comment on this thread,

Seahawks and Panthers look really Bad. I know its only week 5/8/11/15/17 But still

This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

It's preseason it means nothing, but it was fun to watch Cowboys returner KaVontae Turpin return a kickoff 98 yards for a touchdown and a punt 86 yards for a touchdown against the Chargers tonight. Return touchdowns are just fun to watch, and seeing two in the same game by the same returner made for some fun highlight reel watching (I don't actually watch preseason games but the highlight reels can be fun to check, mostly because you're asking who the f**k is that when someone does something on any given play). But these are the types of games that can win players spots on the 53 man roster for special teams.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    It's preseason it means nothing, but it was fun to watch Cowboys returner KaVontae Turpin return a kickoff 98 yards for a touchdown and a punt 86 yards for a touchdown against the Chargers tonight. Return touchdowns are just fun to watch, and seeing two in the same game by the same returner made for some fun highlight reel watching (I don't actually watch preseason games but the highlight reels can be fun to check, mostly because you're asking who the f**k is that when someone does something on any given play). But these are the types of games that can win players spots on the 53 man roster for special teams.

-M
    If they don't give that kid a roster spot, or at the LEAST a practice squad spot, somebody else is gonna snag him off the waiver wire, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    If they don't give that kid a roster spot, or at the LEAST a practice squad spot, somebody else is gonna snag him off the waiver wire, no doubt.
    They signed him because he was the MVP of the USFL last season, so I think the intent was for him to win a roster spot unless he was a complete bust in training camp/pre-season. They also have a thin receiving corps because of injuries and trading Cooper away, so they need some depth pieces at WR anyways.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Seattle's quarterback situation is really grim.