Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I get that law enforcement wouldnt reveal he is the target of an ongoing investigation. But someone from the team should have talked to some one from the school that was investigating hi,

And that is one issue. The kid, his lawyer and some in the media are painting this as a money grab by the girl. Because this all came out after he signed. but she did report it to the school and the school took 7 months before they started to investigate the claim. Not sure about the police .But why the hell do school officials wait 7 months to investigate the report of a gang rape?
    My uninformed guess? The school was probably hoping the story would go away, but, when it didn’t, they were forced to do that investigation.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I’ve never been to a football game, preseason or regular season in my life, and I see no reason to. Why would I, not when I can sit on my sofa in a climate controlled living room in front of a 65 inch 4K HDTV, eat all the cheap grub I can, not have to deal with a crowded commute to the stadium and back on the train, and, best of all….NO LINES OUTSIDE THE BATHROOM! If that isn’t living large, I don’t know what qualifies!
    This makes sense because you're an Eagles fan, and know exactly the sort of shenanigans that Veterans Stadium and the Linc are famous for. There's a reason there's a booking station built into the stadium.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Just got an alert from Bleacher Report that Bills rookie punter Matt Araiza was cut due to his involvement in the rape of a 17-year old girl a year ago while in college. Fortunately, punters are a dime a dozen, so Buffalo shouldn’t have any trouble replacing him before the season starts in two weeks.
    And nothing of value will be lost in Buffalo. Good riddance, hope he never plays a down in the NFL, AFL, XFL, CFL, the AAF, or anywhere.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    This makes sense because you're an Eagles fan, and know exactly the sort of shenanigans that Veterans Stadium and the Linc are famous for. There's a reason there's a booking station built into the stadium.
    Nahhhh! It's just too darn expensive to go to football games. Don't forget, I also live in the northeast, and it gets plenty cold here plenty fast. Not a fan of that!

Nahhhh! It's just too darn expensive to go to football games. Don't forget, I also live in the northeast, and it gets plenty cold here plenty fast. Not a fan of that!
    Football is ridiculously expensive.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Football is ridiculously expensive.
    Here in Cincy they raised Ticket prices like crazy. A Super Bowl appearance was just what Mike Brown was waiting for to raise them through the roof.

And I am getting sick of cicny fans and Talking heads. Bitching about how tough our schedule is why at the same time talking about how we deserve respect and will go back to the SB.

They say we deserve respect but bitch about how hard our games are? Really? How the NFL is rigging the system so we cant go back to the SB! If we deserve to go back and prove that last year was not a fluke then we damn sure should be able to beat the teams we play no matter how tough the schedule is. Stop bitching and act like you are fans of a top tier team like they are claiming The Bengals are.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Dolphins crushed the Eagles today 48 to 10. It's not as meaningful for the Eagles offense since they did not play Hurts, but I would worry a little about their D. For the Fins, Tua played the first half and was 6/7 including 64 yds on two plays to Hill. Bridgewater also played well. Tua went 6/8 last week, so it looks like he could be the QB he was meant to be.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 08-28-2022 at 05:06 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Dolphins crushed the Eagles today 48 to 10. It's not as meaningful for the Eagles offense since they did not play Hurts, but I would worry a little about their D. For the Fins, Tua played the first half and was 6/7 including 64 yds on two plays to Hill. Bridgewater also played well. Tua went 6/8 last week, so it looks like he could be the QB he was meant to be.
    The Eagles didn’t play their starters on defense either, so I wasn’t at all concerned with how the game turned out. As long as my squad came through the preseason healthy, that’s all I care about.

The Eagles didn’t play their starters on defense either, so I wasn’t at all concerned with how the game turned out. As long as my squad came through the preseason healthy, that’s all I care about.
    OK, so it was a scrimmage against the practice squad for the Phins.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    OK, so it was a scrimmage against the practice squad for the Phins.
    Yep, pretty much, but, a scrimmage at regular season ticket prices I imagine. I’m amazed fans put up with that.

All-New Member

I look forward to the start of the season looking forward to the first games at last

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Detroit continues to be a mystery on how they are running their team. Ok....lets run this down...

- Detroit had backup QB's David Blough and Tim Boyle fighting each other over the backup QB job. To back up the not so good Jared Goff. The Lions didn't want a quality QB to challenge Goff so they had both guys there. So they watched during Hard Knocks that filmed , where Blough managed to during the preseason beat out Boyle.

- They cut Boyle and named Blough to the 53 man roster...yesterday.

- Today the Lions cut Blough and decided to sign Nate Sudfield (famous for Doug Pederson's , I have to see what I got in Nate Sudfield !) who just got cut from the 49ers. Sudfield doesn't know the team or system , yet the QB that did they cut.

-

- Its clear the Lions do not want anyone to beat out Jared Goff or play well in case he gets injured. The team is already facing heat over the trade last season and this year its like they literally want no good QB there behind him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

I think they're just setting up to draft Arch Manning in a few years. Or rather, draft him and watch him refuse to play for them and then trade his rights for a boatload of picks.

General wisdom is that the Lions aren't tanking. I tend to agree because they didn't trade Jared Goff away. Pretty sure he's the reason why they barely missed getting the number one pick last year. But who knows.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I didn’t want to start a whole thread for this so asking here…:

Are hockey Goalies the only pro sports athletes allowed to individualize their headgear?
    I know some play w. painted up masks.