Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its hard to believe that back in 2017 on Draft Night I was let down KC didn't draft Watson. Feeling he was a "can't miss" guy and thought Mahomes would be too much a risk. And yet...here we are 5 seasons later and Trubisky washed out in Chicago and Houston likely will be cutting Watson due to off field crap.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    To be honest I think his career is pretty much over at this point. He missed one season, The he may be facing legal trouble, and possible suspension from the NFL. There is not going to be a team that takes a chance on him with that hanging over his head.
    Never say never. Mike Vick went to prison for two years for his involvement in that dogfighting ring and he got a second chance, so, anything is possible for Watson.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Never say never. Mike Vick went to prison for two years for his involvement in that dogfighting ring and he got a second chance, so, anything is possible for Watson.
    Yea never say never but he will be missing his second season. I dont think he plays the next season. So when and if he does come back he will be really out of the flow. And in the league with so many great QB and up and comers whatever team signs him (and there may be one or two that try because there are teams that need one bad) If he doesnt play lights out from the start I dont see teams sitting with him long.

I wouldnt roll the dice on him. A QB with a history of Sexual allegations who has not played in a while and lets be honest he is not gang busters to start with. i would just try and look at the draft in a couple years or go after a less troublesome guy.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

There’s rumors floating about that Troy Aikman will leave Fox Sports for ESPN and Monday Night Football.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    There’s rumors floating about that Troy Aikman will leave Fox Sports for ESPN and Monday Night Football.
    The articles I've read seem to say it's almost a done deal.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

That Aikman/Buck team is one of Fox's best teams. They have to get Collingsworth or someone as good at this point to handle the loss of him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    That Aikman/Buck team is one of Fox's best teams. They have to get Collingsworth or someone as good at this point to handle the loss of him.
    Aikman is the only good part about that team. Buck is god awful. And find someone as good as Collinsworth? Throw a dart board at a wall of pictures of literally anyone in the world and whoever they hit will meet that requirement.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Chiefs announced that Eric Bieniemy will officially be returning as OC next season.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Chiefs announced that Eric Bieniemy will officially be returning as OC next season.

-M
    I cant even believe this man is not a head coach some where and that has not been more interest in him. Blows my mind. As happy as I am sure that Andy Reid is to have him back I am sure he really wants him to have his shot.

Former Houston Oiler wide receiver Ken Burrough has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Aikman is the only good part about that team. Buck is god awful. And find someone as good as Collinsworth? Throw a dart board at a wall of pictures of literally anyone in the world and whoever they hit will meet that requirement.

Aikman is color commentator but Buck controls the booth and makes the play calling work. Collingsworth himself is one of best color guys who fills an Aikman role as Michaels controls that. Fox will need a good color guy to go next to play by play man.

Both men Buck and Collingsworth are great at what they do. And yes Collingsworth is one of the best color guys in announce booth ala Aikman.

Gandanken experiment. Rodgers goes to New England and wins the Superbowl. Showing Belichik just needs a great QB. The Belichik/Brady debate continues.

Never happen, I know.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Weird that I feel this way, but I don't want Rodgers. Maybe it's the last 20 years of brilliance from Brady and having lived through the Aaron Hernandez and Antonio Brown thing but I want to either root for people I can, well root for. Being a d##k is one thing, but he went full anti-vax there and seems like the ultimate me-first guy. Vs Brady where we practically took advantage of the guy because he wanted to win at his own expense so badly. Probably why with all of the talent Rodgers has he's looking at retiring with just the one ring, vs Brady's Infinity Gauntlet and spare.

After the whole "Nobama" Halloween costume thing with Mac I wasn't excited about him coming to play here (wanted Justin Fields, and early days but we'll see if this is like me wanting to stick with Bledsoe over Brady or if I was right) but I can justify it as stupid kid things and wonder what the Bradys/Aikmans/Marinos would have on their social media if you could turn back time.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Weird that I feel this way, but I don't want Rodgers. Maybe it's the last 20 years of brilliance from Brady and having lived through the Aaron Hernandez and Antonio Brown thing but I want to either root for people I can, well root for. Being a d##k is one thing, but he went full anti-vax there and seems like the ultimate me-first guy. Vs Brady where we practically took advantage of the guy because he wanted to win at his own expense so badly. Probably why with all of the talent Rodgers has he's looking at retiring with just the one ring, vs Brady's Infinity Gauntlet and spare.

After the whole "Nobama" Halloween costume thing with Mac I wasn't excited about him coming to play here (wanted Justin Fields, and early days but we'll see if this is like me wanting to stick with Bledsoe over Brady or if I was right) but I can justify it as stupid kid things and wonder what the Bradys/Aikmans/Marinos would have on their social media if you could turn back time.
    I still need to see Tom Brady in place of Hal Jordan on that famous Emerald Twilight cover.....
    Dark does not mean deep.

NFL News ....

- Arizona is not expected to franchise tag Chandler Jones due to limited salary cap space to do this. The team is gonna try and work a deal out for him and sign him to a deal working around the 2022 salary cap.

- Seattle turned down a Washington Cobra Commanders trade for Russell Wilson. The deal was worth multiple , 1st rd rd picks. Seattle has said they will not be trading Wilson.