Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

The NFL has suspended Falcons WR Calvin Ridley for the entire 2022 season for betting on games last year.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The NFL has suspended Falcons WR Calvin Ridley for the entire 2022 season for betting on games last year.
    The Eagles were said to have had interest in Ridley. Damned frustrating.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Just heard that the Packers will resign Aaron Rodgers to a four year deal worth $200 million with a purported annual salary of $50 million. Whoa, Nellie!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just heard that the Packers will resign Aaron Rodgers to a four year deal worth $200 million with a purported annual salary of $50 million. Whoa, Nellie!
    Just goes to show crybabies always win

I knew he was not going to Denver.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Just goes to show crybabies always win

I knew he was not going to Denver.
    Or Pittsburgh or Tennessee or anyplace else not named Green Bay.

I never even put any of the other places in my head. I just said Denver because of all the talk. And the dumbass talking heads that said he would love it there because he would compete against the best young QBs and he would be in heaven. Really?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well this makes it clear....the next 4 seasons Green Bay won't be in a Super Bowl lol...

Being serious this will make trading Love happen soon. Pittsburgh , Carolina , Denver , New Orleans etc will be looking at a trade for him. Since he's been there a few seasons.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I never even put any of the other places in my head. I just said Denver because of all the talk. And the dumbass talking heads that said he would love it there because he would compete against the best young QBs and he would be in heaven. Really?
    The rationale behind Denver being the alleged destination of choice was because Nathaniel Hackett, Green Bay’s offensive coordinator landed the head coaching gig with the Broncos, so people thought Rodgers would follow him to the Rocky Mountains. Time for Denver to dust off Plan B.

Just got an alert that Russell Wilson was traded to Denver! Whoa!

*Packers re-sign Rodgers...which means they're going to probably resign Davante Adam*

Ughhh

*Seahawks trade Wilson to Denver*

FUUUUUUUUUCCCCK

*pokes McDaniels and Ziegler with a stick*

Common guys...do something.....please?

AFC QBs:
    Mahomes
    Wilson
    Herbert
    Carr

When Derek Carr is the worst QB in your division....Jesus H Tap dancing Christ
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Denver sent 4-5 draft picks Lock , Noah Fant and another player there. Denver is banking on Wilson to take them to a Super Bowl now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Denver over paid like a Mo Fo on that deal. If they dont pull a Rams and win the SB next year they are the huge losers here. It is a SB win or it was a bad trade.

If I were a team that needs a QB I would take a look at Jordan Love. With Rodgers deal he is done in GB. He hasnt played much so he wont demand a lot in a trade. But he has also been in the league for 3 years and has played a few games and some preseason. So he does have a knowledge of the routine and what is expected of an NFL qb. And with the draft class not good for Qbs Why wouldnt you take a look at Love?

Get him away from the drama of Green Bay and work with him which is something that Rodgers got pissy when coaches tried to do. Give him coaches that give a damn, a team that will put him first with out worrying about pissing off a huge Drama queen.

Worst case you give up so low level picks or something for a shot at a guy. If it dont work try and get a QB when the draft class is better.

Seahawks get:
    - quarterback Drew Lock
    - tight end Noah Fant
    - defensive lineman Shelby Harris
    - 1R DEN 22 & 23
    - 2R DEN 22 & 23
    - 5R DEN 22

Broncos get:
    - quarterback Russell Wilson
    - 4R SEA 22
    - conditional pick up to 1st round in 23
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Honestly, given the options at QB and the QBs in division it's a steal. To get a QB of Russell's caliber, nevermind a leader, completely changes the complexion of that team. They were the no-doubt cellar dwellers of that division before this trade. There are zero sure-fire QB prospects in this year's draft. Malik Willis looks exciting, but would likely take a year or two to develop. They have a middling O-line (that they'll likely look to upgrade), are top 10 in cap space (likely to take a hit with Russell's contract, but still pretty good considering), have some great young receivers and RBs, a solid defense (and getting Von Miller back on a team-friendly deal just went from extremely unlikely to very appealing). They're contenders now, and I guarantee you folks sitting in the Chiefs and Chargers and Raiders camps feel like they just got a soft punch in the gut. Heck, as a fan of a team that likely will take a step back from being a one-and-done fringe playoff team this year in the Patriots I'm now seeing a path as much less likely.

If I'm a Broncos fan I'm ecstatic about this news. If I'm a Seahawks fan I don't care about a top 10 pick this year (will likely be a solid player, but will never make the difference Russell Wilson has or would) and a pick likely in the 20s a year away. Fant is a solid TE, but not in the Kittle/Kelce class and now has nobody to throw to him (again). Hate ol' Horseface, but this is a damn good move.

Eagles fans spent the afternoon and evening whining on social media and on the local sportstalk radio station about how the team dropped the ball on Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson. That ignores the fact Rodgers was NEVER coming to Philly, and from what Denver sent Seattle for Wilson, I’m guessing the team decided the price was too high. Of course, that leaves Deshaun Watson, but with his legal issues, who knows if the Birds will roll the dice on him. I maintain that the Birds should use their three first round picks on defense, look for a veteran receiver in free agency to pair with Devonta Smith and give Jalen Hurts one more season to see if he’s truly the answer at quarterback.