Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Like Im curious to see what the Seahawks plan is, because they also released Bobby Wagner today.

Like are they going to go full Fire Sale? I'd happily trade a third for Lockett or DK myself. Is Carroll fine with rebuilding? How long does he plan to coach for? Is he that in love with one of the rookie QBs? Or does he see him snagging a Jimmy G, Marcus mariota or another journey man QB? Or is all of this to make a run at another QB ie Derek Carr? IDK.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its clear Seattle is going FULL ON rebuild. The moment that they traded away Wilson who is a leader for them they were gonna do a rebuild. If Washington had offered players they likely would have gotten Wilson as they attempted a trade for him days ago. Denver is in "desperation" mode for a QB. They have wanted a QB since Peyton Manning and now are going for Wilson as this move.

The move makes it clear ....Denver has to win...and WIN NOW . You just don't send 4 premium draft picks to another team like this and sending a promising TE like Fant is a big move. The pressure is big on Denver to win asap.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its clear Seattle is going FULL ON rebuild. The moment that they traded away Wilson who is a leader for them they were gonna do a rebuild. If Washington had offered players they likely would have gotten Wilson as they attempted a trade for him days ago. Denver is in "desperation" mode for a QB. They have wanted a QB since Peyton Manning and now are going for Wilson as this move.
    If Seattle has gone into rebuild mode, will Pete Carroll stick around? He's 70, so I can't imagine he'll want to go through that ringer.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If Seattle has gone into rebuild mode, will Pete Carroll stick around? He's 70, so I can't imagine he'll want to go through that ringer.
    It could be seen as a challenge , can he rebuild the team back to compete again ? Does he have enough left as a coach to do this ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

The move makes it clear ....Denver has to win...and WIN NOW . You just don't send 4 premium draft picks to another team like this and sending a promising TE like Fant is a big move. The pressure is big on Denver to win asap.
    All due respect, but nonsense. As far as four "premium picks" a pick in a draft a year from now is generally considered to be worth the equivalent to one a round later this year. So that first in 2023 is worth a 2nd rounder now. That 2nd in 2023? Yup, 3rd in this year's draft. Top 10 pick you say? Sure, barely, but there's around 4-5 guys who are considered no-brainers and not a one of them changes the prospects and trajectory of the Denver Broncos like Russell Wilson does. I don't care if Aidan Hutchinson dropped to 9 (he won't) and was the second coming of LT. That 2nd? You hope (but certainly don't plan for) them being a useful piece.

This isn't last year's draft as far as QBs. They'd likely be forced to trade back this year to get value and get one of the roll-of-the-dice QB prospects coming out this year (none are worth a 9 overall pick). Again, Malik Willis might be. Enormous emphasis on might. And probably not this year. Or they could reach and hope not to look like fools. And they still would be the clear-cut by-a-mile(high) 4th place team in this division. Not close.

Now, however, everything changes. Instead of KC looking to bounce back to form and cruise to a division crown with Vegas and LA fighting for 2nd, you have no idea who's going to take that division. Instead of a likely 2-week bye playing Denver you're probably hoping to split. This team was a QB away from competing and now they're just competing. Instead of a pretty good shot at 3 teams going to the playoffs from that division you're all going to be going all out just to get to the playoffs because you're likely not sweeping anyone.

Noah Fant? Really? We signed two TEs on the Patriots that everyone was raving about, "best TE combo in the NFL now", all that nonsense but I knew before the season started that the two of them combined weren't worth a Kittle or a Kelce and he's about in the Jonnu/Hunter Henry league talent-wise. Nice piece, if you have everything else. But not a difference maker. Russell Wilson is. If you told me we could go back in time and get him for last year's first and this year's? Tell me where to sign.

He gives them a good 5-year window to compete. They don't need to win the Super Bowl this year (though their odds just went way the f##k up), but they probably needed to compete to keep some people from losing their jobs and I guarantee you those people are now sleeping pretty soundly. Any other position, in any other sport, I'd say they overpaid. QB in the NFL, Russell Wilson? Barring unforeseen catastrophic injury, that's a lock.

AAAAANNND the Colts just traded Carson Wentz to the Commies
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    AAAAANNND the Colts just traded Carson Wentz to the Commies
    You just beat me to that bit of news. Boy, the Colts sure look foolish, trading a 2022 first round pick to the Eagles for Wentz, only to give up on him after just one season with Indy. How long before the Cobra Commanders learn Wentz is cooked like last night’s fried chicken as a starting quarterback?

the Colts sure look foolish, trading a 2022 first round pick to the Eagles for Wentz, only to give up on him after just one season with Indy.
    you'd think that would be a radioactive warning signal for teams, Colts are reportedly targeting Jimmy G now

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    you'd think that would be a radioactive warning signal for teams, Colts are reportedly targeting Jimmy G now
    Just heard about that. Why not since it looks like the Niners have hitched their QB wagon to Trey Lance. Meanwhile, Jimmy G would certainly be an upgrade over Wentz.

Just heard about that. Why not since it looks like the Niners have hitched their QB wagon to Trey Lance. Meanwhile, Jimmy G would certainly be an upgrade over Wentz.
    He's certainly the best QB on the market ATM.

QB Breakdown

AFC

West: Mahomes, Herbert, Wilson & Carr

East: Jones, Allen, Martin? & Tua ?

North: Burrow, Jackson, Pitt? & Mayfield?

South: Tannehill, Colts?, Texans? & Lawrence

NFC

West: Stafford, Lance, Murray, Sea?

East: Dak, Wentz, Jones? & Hurts

North: Rodgers, Cousins, Love & Goff

South: TB?, NO?, Carolina? & Ryan

Lot of question marks

Reports are that the Giants are looking to bring in Mitch Trubisky to compete with Daniel Jones for the starting QB job.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    All due respect, but nonsense. As far as four "premium picks" a pick in a draft a year from now is generally considered to be worth the equivalent to one a round later this year. So that first in 2023 is worth a 2nd rounder now. That 2nd in 2023? Yup, 3rd in this year's draft. Top 10 pick you say? Sure, barely, but there's around 4-5 guys who are considered no-brainers and not a one of them changes the prospects and trajectory of the Denver Broncos like Russell Wilson does. I don't care if Aidan Hutchinson dropped to 9 (he won't) and was the second coming of LT. That 2nd? You hope (but certainly don't plan for) them being a useful piece.
    Ahh the classic Bobby Beathard drafting approach. Which worked ok in Washington in the 1980s and failed massively in San Diego in 1990's. This approach had Beathard believe he could trade 1st rd picks the next draft to get an extra 2nd that season to get players because , as he felt he was getting an extra solid player in 2nd rd.

This whole Idea that there isn't some talent in the middle or lower 1st rds , or the 2nd rds as value ...drops the next season is very ...silly. This was players drafted the last decade who weren't at the top of the draft yet are very solid Pro Bowl players and in some cases a future Hall of Fame DT. This is from the 2020 Draft only. If you scroll back there is countless players who many don't see who fall into these rounds who become IMPACT players on a team and some become stars.

You know future Hall of Fame DT , Aaron Donald was a 13th pick in 1st rd in 2014 right ? He wasn't considered a top defensive player on the board that draft as Clowney , Khali Mack , Anthony Barr and Justin Gilbert went before him.

2020 Draft #13th , 1st rd : Tristan Wirfs : Pro Bowl tackle , started every game nearly as a rookie on in Tampa.
    2020 Draft #17th , 1st rd : Cee Dee Lamb : Pro Bowl WR in 2nd season. Now Prescott's #1 WR.
    2020 Draft #22nd , 1st rd : John Jefferson : Pro Bowl WR in Minnesota and #1 target.
    2020 Draft #41st , 2nd Rd : Jonathon Taylor : Pro Bowl RB in Indy.
    2020 Draft #45th , 2nd rd : Antoine Winfield : Pro Bowl safety in Tampa.
    2020 Draft #51st , 2nd rd : Treyvon Diggs : Pro Bowl CB in Dallas

This isn't last year's draft as far as QBs. They'd likely be forced to trade back this year to get value and get one of the roll-of-the-dice QB prospects coming out this year (none are worth a 9 overall pick). Again, Malik Willis might be. Enormous emphasis on might. And probably not this year. Or they could reach and hope not to look like fools. And they still would be the clear-cut by-a-mile(high) 4th place team in this division. Not close.
    Of course Denver hasn't been able to develop a QB from the draft....in years. I mean look at their history since Elway retired , the team has failed to develop QB's taken in the draft. Paxton Lynch , Tim Tebow , Lock and others show a line of failure the organization has had since. The Broncos realize this and even if they did get a QB that fell to them ...odds are they'd screw it up.

Now, however, everything changes. Instead of KC looking to bounce back to form and cruise to a division crown with Vegas and LA fighting for 2nd, you have no idea who's going to take that division. Instead of a likely 2-week bye playing Denver you're probably hoping to split. This team was a QB away from competing and now they're just competing. Instead of a pretty good shot at 3 teams going to the playoffs from that division you're all going to be going all out just to get to the playoffs because you're likely not sweeping anyone.
    If you saw anything last year to start it wasn't a "Cruise" for KC to win a division here. The Chiefs struggled a lot and only snapped together a win streak. Yes Denver needed a QB and its why they are on a WIN NOW kick. They needed a QB and failed to get Rodgers who played them like a fiddle good as he got a nice $200 million. I have to say this , Denver was in desperation mode after the Rodgers miss fire. They needed a QB so bad...and they offered the moon to Seattle who realized...we have to take this deal.

They are giving us 4 sweet draft picks at the top we can rebuild with. We can rebuild the team with these draft picks hopefully. While Denver is on a ticking clock as they now have to win it all to make this trade worth it.

Noah Fant? Really? We signed two TEs on the Patriots that everyone was raving about, "best TE combo in the NFL now", all that nonsense but I knew before the season started that the two of them combined weren't worth a Kittle or a Kelce and he's about in the Jonnu/Hunter Henry league talent-wise. Nice piece, if you have everything else. But not a difference maker. Russell Wilson is. If you told me we could go back in time and get him for last year's first and this year's? Tell me where to sign.
    Fant is seen as a young promising TE who , if he had a QB to throw him the ball could be a 1,000+ yard TE. In Denver the last 2 seasons he had over 60+ receptions . In his 3 seasons each year his numbers have went up...and this is with Drew Lock and others throwing the ball.

He gives them a good 5-year window to compete. They don't need to win the Super Bowl this year (though their odds just went way the f##k up), but they probably needed to compete to keep some people from losing their jobs and I guarantee you those people are now sleeping pretty soundly. Any other position, in any other sport, I'd say they overpaid. QB in the NFL, Russell Wilson? Barring unforeseen catastrophic injury, that's a lock.
    They paid a steep price and need to win ASAP right now. I'm sorry but trying to claim how the Broncos don't need to win right now after trading away 3 players (one a promising TE in Fant) and 4 top draft picks which I have showed...DO HAVE VALUE the next 2 seasons...yeah. They need to win. They are sleeping sound right now as they have Russell Wilson.

Now they just have to win. And the clock started ticking on Denver the moment this trade happened.

Also it has to be pointed out ....even if Denver had a chance to get CAN'T MISS players at the top of the draft , well no one knows how they'd work out either. For every top player at the top of the draft there is a bust of a can't miss player. The draft is one big crap shoot. Tampa nailed those 2 draft picks in 2020 as shown. They got 2 impact starters as seen. And it was mid 1st and 2nd rd picks to boot.

But yeah the draft can have teams HIT on early 1st rd picks and miss. Same as others.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    He's certainly the best QB on the market ATM.

QB Breakdown

AFC

West: Mahomes, Herbert, Wilson & Carr

East: Jones, Allen, Martin? & Tua ?

North: Burrow, Jackson, Pitt? & Mayfield?

South: Tannehill, Colts?, Texans? & Lawrence

NFC

West: Stafford, Lance, Murray, Sea?

East: Dak, Wentz, Jones? & Hurts

North: Rodgers, Cousins, Love & Goff

South: TB?, NO?, Carolina? & Ryan

Lot of question marks
    Especially in NFC South where Matty Ice is the class of the division, and he’s on his last legs.

Good bet even at $140 million plus incentives and all that other stuff for Wilson, the best QB out there available. And Wilson allegedly was given veto power over ... what exactly I'm not sure but I'm sure it has to do with his receiving corps. Plus a new coach for the team starting this year. Yah I think this is the Broncos starting a four-year window to win the Super Bowl. They have to have at least a year to fill the rest of the gaps in the roster and for everything to gel. Then maybe a year with a good playoff run, then Super Bowl in year three or four.

Or for it to completely fall apart even more this upcoming year, Mahomes, Herbert and Carr to cook Wilson head to head and cause all of Colorado to cry the tears of Elway's making yet again and wish the good old days were back. I mean, this is going to be awkward for Hackett to say the least once Wilson tries to take control of the team's offense. You can get away with that with a guy like Manning but I'm not sure it will work out with Wilson. Carroll, in spite of that one play, was just as much a part of the Seattle resurgence as Wilson.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.