Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Hope you enjoy playing for the Commies, Wentz, ya dumb bastard!

God, I won't miss him.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    You just beat me to that bit of news. Boy, the Colts sure look foolish, trading a 2022 first round pick to the Eagles for Wentz, only to give up on him after just one season with Indy. How long before the Cobra Commanders learn Wentz is cooked like last night’s fried chicken as a starting quarterback?
    Frank Reich really wanted to mortgage the future cause he likes them good ol' boys. Unfortunately, the QB options are limited, and the team is hesitant in giving backups a shot after Jacoby Brissett underperformed and Jacob Eason had.. well, Eason had one disaster of a drive.

But, at least the curse has been lifted.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

You could tell how the owner and GM spoke that Wentz was done after this season. It was one of those deals where they literally didn't want him back after that loss to Jaguars. I'm shocked it took 1 season for Wentz to piss off that organization to that degree.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Ahh the classic Bobby Beathard drafting approach. Which worked ok in Washington in the 1980s and failed massively in San Diego in 1990's. This approach had Beathard believe he could trade 1st rd picks the next draft to get an extra 2nd that season to get players because , as he felt he was getting an extra solid player in 2nd rd.

This whole Idea that there isn't some talent in the middle or lower 1st rds , or the 2nd rds as value ...drops the next season is very ...silly. This was players drafted the last decade who weren't at the top of the draft yet are very solid Pro Bowl players and in some cases a future Hall of Fame DT. This is from the 2020 Draft only. If you scroll back there is countless players who many don't see who fall into these rounds who become IMPACT players on a team and some become stars.

You know future Hall of Fame DT , Aaron Donald was a 13th pick in 1st rd in 2014 right ? He wasn't considered a top defensive player on the board that draft as Clowney , Khali Mack , Anthony Barr and Justin Gilbert went before him.

2020 Draft #13th , 1st rd : Tristan Wirfs : Pro Bowl tackle , started every game nearly as a rookie on in Tampa.
    2020 Draft #17th , 1st rd : Cee Dee Lamb : Pro Bowl WR in 2nd season. Now Prescott's #1 WR.
    2020 Draft #22nd , 1st rd : John Jefferson : Pro Bowl WR in Minnesota and #1 target.
    2020 Draft #41st , 2nd Rd : Jonathon Taylor : Pro Bowl RB in Indy.
    2020 Draft #45th , 2nd rd : Antoine Winfield : Pro Bowl safety in Tampa.
    2020 Draft #51st , 2nd rd : Treyvon Diggs : Pro Bowl CB in Dallas

Of course Denver hasn't been able to develop a QB from the draft....in years. I mean look at their history since Elway retired , the team has failed to develop QB's taken in the draft. Paxton Lynch , Tim Tebow , Lock and others show a line of failure the organization has had since. The Broncos realize this and even if they did get a QB that fell to them ...odds are they'd screw it up.

If you saw anything last year to start it wasn't a "Cruise" for KC to win a division here. The Chiefs struggled a lot and only snapped together a win streak. Yes Denver needed a QB and its why they are on a WIN NOW kick. They needed a QB and failed to get Rodgers who played them like a fiddle good as he got a nice $200 million. I have to say this , Denver was in desperation mode after the Rodgers miss fire. They needed a QB so bad...and they offered the moon to Seattle who realized...we have to take this deal.

They are giving us 4 sweet draft picks at the top we can rebuild with. We can rebuild the team with these draft picks hopefully. While Denver is on a ticking clock as they now have to win it all to make this trade worth it.

Fant is seen as a young promising TE who , if he had a QB to throw him the ball could be a 1,000+ yard TE. In Denver the last 2 seasons he had over 60+ receptions . In his 3 seasons each year his numbers have went up...and this is with Drew Lock and others throwing the ball.

They paid a steep price and need to win ASAP right now. I'm sorry but trying to claim how the Broncos don't need to win right now after trading away 3 players (one a promising TE in Fant) and 4 top draft picks which I have showed...DO HAVE VALUE the next 2 seasons...yeah. They need to win. They are sleeping sound right now as they have Russell Wilson.

Now they just have to win. And the clock started ticking on Denver the moment this trade happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Also it has to be pointed out ....even if Denver had a chance to get CAN'T MISS players at the top of the draft , well no one knows how they'd work out either. For every top player at the top of the draft there is a bust of a can't miss player. The draft is one big crap shoot. Tampa nailed those 2 draft picks in 2020 as shown. They got 2 impact starters as seen. And it was mid 1st and 2nd rd picks to boot.

But yeah the draft can have teams HIT on early 1st rd picks and miss. Same as others.
    So was going to make a few points, but you already made one for me by conceding that while to your initial point that you can find great players (hall-of-famers even) later in the first and in the 2nd it's no guarantee. You can bust on a top 10 pick easy. Especially at QB. Just talk to the Cleveland Browns and Jacksonville Jaguars. What you're paying for here is certainty. Russell Wilson is as close to a guarantee as you're likely to get, and he's 5 years younger and a thousand diva headaches lighter than Aa-Rod. For fun though, go back the last 10 years or so in the draft and see how many top 10 picks didn't end up being generational difference-makers for their teams. I bet a few of them are QB reaches.

Even if you could guarantee me the Broncos get Aaron Donald as a rookie with that 9th pick (and obviously, you can't come close to that level of certainty or likely that talent) and no doubts about it I still say run to trade that s##t for Russell Wilson. Because your team is not an Aaron Donald away from competing with Mahomes/Herbert/Carr. And as you also point out (but I'll repeat to emphasize the point) the Broncos are not known for having an eye for QB talent. At least not through the draft.

On the struggle for the Chiefs last year, that was the reason I said "return to form". If they're rolling they're likely the #1. Now? You may have no doubts, but I bet you there are a few people around the AFC West who are a little less certain. Certainly none of them thought the Broncos were contenders a week ago. Even with the talents of Noah Fant.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    So was going to make a few points, but you already made one for me by conceding that while to your initial point that you can find great players (hall-of-famers even) later in the first and in the 2nd it's no guarantee. You can bust on a top 10 pick easy. Especially at QB. Just talk to the Cleveland Browns and Jacksonville Jaguars. What you're paying for here is certainty. Russell Wilson is as close to a guarantee as you're likely to get, and he's 5 years younger and a thousand diva headaches lighter than Aa-Rod. For fun though, go back the last 10 years or so in the draft and see how many top 10 picks didn't end up being generational difference-makers for their teams. I bet a few of them are QB reaches.

Even if you could guarantee me the Broncos get Aaron Donald as a rookie with that 9th pick (and obviously, you can't come close to that level of certainty or likely that talent) and no doubts about it I still say run to trade that s##t for Russell Wilson. Because your team is not an Aaron Donald away from competing with Mahomes/Herbert/Carr. And as you also point out (but I'll repeat to emphasize the point) the Broncos are not known for having an eye for QB talent. At least not through the draft.

On the struggle for the Chiefs last year, that was the reason I said "return to form". If they're rolling they're likely the #1. Now? You may have no doubts, but I bet you there are a few people around the AFC West who are a little less certain. Certainly none of them thought the Broncos were contenders a week ago. Even with the talents of Noah Fant.

The Broncos won't get the headache of Rodgers which is great for them. Because as I agree , his attitude off the field is more silly the last couple seasons and his attitude towards backup QBs etc. So yeah they avoided that one.

Now the big question is....how healthy can Russell Wilson be at age 34 (he turns 34 in November). Last year was the 1st season he got banged up. So that is the big question mark for him as the Broncos have to hope he's not starting to hit that phase of his career. We will see.

Either way...Broncos are on the clock now. This investment means they have to at least win AFC West this season.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Especially in NFC South where Matty Ice is the class of the division, and he’s on his last legs.
    Like to be honest...Matty Ice should called it a year or two ago
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Matt Ryan maybe cut this year or asked to take a reduced salary. The rumblings were Atlanta was looking at cutting cap space and they seem to know Ryan maybe nearing the end of his career there.

double post
    Last edited by Hiromi; 03-10-2022 at 12:43 AM.

Falcons cap situation was solved by Ridley getting his dumb ass suspended for the year, they're actually under the cap now

As for Ryan I'm pretty sure cutting him would create an enormous amount of dead cap money and his contract is hard to move, if there's a team desperate or dumb enough to take it on then sure but its probably better to just let him play for the moment,

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Like to be honest...Matty Ice should called it a year or two ago
    He had 96.2 million reasons not to, also he still has a chance at the hall of fame considering the numbers he's putting up, right now he's 8th in all time passing yards and if he has two or so seasons anywhere around his normal standards he'll end up in the top 5 ahead of Ben Roethlisberger, so maybe its a legacy thing too
    Last edited by Hiromi; 03-10-2022 at 12:48 AM.

Washington's deal for Wentz shows how bad the Colts got taken by Philadelphia for Wentz. The team accepted 2 , 3rd rd draft picks in 2022 and 2023. The 2023 pick can become a 2nd rd pick if Wentz meets certain things. The Cobra Commanders can also get out of Wentz's deal within a season as well. So if he doesn't work out they can cut him after 2022. If he does work , his contract is really reasonable for the next couple seasons too.

Right now, my only takeaways from the QB carousel moves so far is that the AFC West is now far and away the best division in football, when you consider that Derek Carr would be the worst QB of that bunch (and he ain't bad at all, I guarantee you the Giants would give their eyed teeth for him)...

And goddamn, this is a league of haves and have nots at that position. The have nots are gonna be desperate as horny drunks at last call and be reaching on kids in the draft or trying to sign someone like Jaemis Winston or Ryan Fitzpatrick just to not embarrass themselves out there.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Considering the quarterback situation in NFC East:

—the only mortal lock sure bet in the division is Dak Prescott in Dallas

—here in Philly, Jalen Hurts is in an odd position, the fans are split, half wants him replaced while the other half (myself included) are resigned to the fact he’s the best they have for the time being. Hurts hasn’t wowed anyone, but, he hasn’t stunk on wheat either, thus the ambivalence

—regarding Daniel Jones in New York, he’s on the clock for a possible pink slip, with a new GM and head coach in town, Jones is playing for his career, a bad season in 2022 and he’s gone, plain and simple

—if fans in Washington think the Cobra Commanders landed the 2017 version of Carson Wentz after he flamed out in Indy, they’re going to be in for a rude awakening as it appears he’s a shot fighter. I’d be surprised if he lasts past this coming season
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Right now, my only takeaways from the QB carousel moves so far is that the AFC West is now far and away the best division in football, when you consider that Derek Carr would be the worst QB of that bunch (and he ain't bad at all, I guarantee you the Giants would give their eyed teeth for him)...

And goddamn, this is a league of haves and have nots at that position. The have nots are gonna be desperate as horny drunks at last call and be reaching on kids in the draft or trying to sign someone like Jaemis Winston or Ryan Fitzpatrick just to not embarrass themselves out there.
    When you consider that Derek falls anywhere between 8 - 14 on the QB list (depending on how you talk too) and that's the 4th best QB in the division; yeah things are gunna get nuts next year.

And here's the thing: The entire AFC West could...in theory mind you could make the playoffs next year and no one would bat an eye.

Sure you would have some Raider nay-sayers but there's always going to be those folks
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

When Dak is the best Qb in the division that speaks to how sad the Division is. Dallas needs to be damn lucky they are in such a shit division. They are going to win it next year just on the fact that everyone else is so lackluster and crappy.

I think Denver over paid for Wilson but I am glad they over paid for Wilson rather then over paying for Rodgers. I think to be honest Wilson gives them a better shot.

I really wonder where Love is going to end up. The Guy needs to be telling his agent to get him out of there. And the fact that so many teams need Qbs this is his best shot to be a starter some where for a season or 2.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Now it appears the Bears are going to trade Khalil Mack to the Chargers....

*grabs tequila and whiskey*