Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if NuMoira ends up using this Logan for parts for her plant cancer.

Sorry, I'm confused. I thought robo Wolverine was last seen in the same room as Jean and Xavier and about to attack. How did he get in the ocean?

Also LOL at Mystique just getting roasted

Astonishing Member

Ngl, I think its hilarious that after spending literal lifetimes terrified of Destiny specifically because of how keen her precognitive powers are and because she 'can see her'......Moira's automatic assumption is Mystique's tracking her via her new arm so let's cut it off.

Instead of at any point thinking.....hmm, there's a strong chance her precog wife is just telling her where to find me.

Another really good issue. I'm surprised that Omega Wolverine is as "in control" as we've seen so far, I had assumed he would just be a death dealer, looks like I was wrong but I'm glad because this is more interesting than what I had in my head for sure. Art is good, I feel spoiled by both series artists honestly. Someone mentioned it already but I agree that Moira will probably get another T-O arm via Omega Wolverine.

I do have one concern, in Inferno Destiny told Mystique that if she tried to kill Moira she would die and not be resurrected for a long time, I'm hoping they aren't taking Mystique off the board long term.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Sorry, I'm confused. I thought robo Wolverine was last seen in the same room as Jean and Xavier and about to attack. How did he get in the ocean?

Also LOL at Mystique just getting roasted
    Omega Wolverine popped out of the pod and Jean made telepathic contact with him, they weren't in the same room. OG Logan was in that room though.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I do have one concern, in Inferno Destiny told Mystique that if she tried to kill Moira she would die and not be resurrected for a long time, I'm hoping they aren't taking Mystique off the board long term.
    That would be the best thing to come up of all this. Mystique is severely overused in both comics and movies, in no small part because she was played (badly) by J-Law, and forces everyone else to dumb down in order for her to be a real threat. Have her stay in Limbo for many, many years would be the best thing that could happen to her.

That was a fun issue.

I wonder if Techno Logan is on the side of the machines or the mutants.
    I also wonder if Techno-Claws beat Hot-Claws.

Mystique getting blown up was satisfying, I wonder if her death is falling into Destiny's "You will die. I will not. I will remain on the Council. It is possible -- but not likely -- that you will eventually be resurrected three years from now."

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    That would be the best thing to come up of all this. Mystique is severely overused in both comics and movies, in no small part because she was played (badly) by J-Law, and forces everyone else to dumb down in order for her to be a real threat. Have her stay in Limbo for many, many years would be the best thing that could happen to her.
    I gotta disagree with you, on the comics side anyway. I will say J-Law definitely phoned it in for her last few performances as Mystique.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    I wonder if Techno Logan is on the side of the machines or the mutants.
    I also wonder if Techno-Claws beat Hot-Claws.
    I’ll take the Techno-Claws personally. The Hot Claws never made any damn sense. Maybe when he was possessed by the Phoenix, but otherwise it never made a bit of sense that suddenly they heated up for no apparent reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    That vision of Destiny would only occur if Mystique killed her in that moment, in front of Doug. Now, Mystique can kill Moira without leaving any proof that she did it, because noboby would see it, in theory.

Ultimate Member

Personally, I like how no one with any emotional connection to Moira is even in this story.

Really helps the emotional resonance.

Yup.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    That vision of Destiny would only occur if Mystique killed her in that moment, in front of Doug. Now, Mystique can kill Moira without leaving any proof that she did it, because noboby would see it, in theory.
    I'm confused. I thought Destiny knew that she would be dead if she were to try to kill Moira in the few panels shown after the explosion of Mystique.

So is Mystique really dead after the explosion?

Destiny said 'I hate being right'

This Death of Wolv miniseries is definitely more interesting than the Lives of Wolverine. This looks so much like the Terminator movie. lol

So many unexpected twists and turns.... good job, Percy!
    Last edited by ericng; 02-09-2022 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Personally, I like how no one with any emotional connection to Moira is even in this story.

Really helps the emotional resonance.

Yup.
    Well, that would require writers to remember she was an actual character before Hickman.

She’s being hunted by Mystique and an Omega Wolverine. Why does that require someone with emotional connection to step out of the shadows and make an appearance? Do all stories require this or just X-stories? We’re also only two issues in. Maybe someone who has a deeper connection to Moira will show up in the next few issues. Besides Xavier that is, who was in the story. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    She’s being hunted by Mystique and an Omega Wolverine. Why does that require someone with emotional connection to step out of the shadows and make an appearance? Do all stories require this or just X-stories? We’re also only two issues in. Maybe someone who has a deeper connection to Moira will show up in the next few issues. Besides Xavier that is, who was in the story. *shrugs*
    There's also the fact that people seem to forget two things: One this is an event book that is setting up a new status quo going forward. They hardly ever touch on true emotional stuff. And the other is that Moira was going to get a book prior to all of this, so now we'll have to wait to see if she ends up in a book after this for any in-deph story.

I know there are some people who don't like the retcon or don't like how it's been handled, but really unless Moira ends up dying (Which I doubt) there'll be plenty of time to fill holes and have Moira interact with the characters important in this life.

But sadly, within the context of the retcon, Banshee and/or Rhane probably are footnotes to her. So in this case, I don't see why she would turn to them unless she wanted to use them in some form, which in story, I am not sure its a risk she would be willing to take, and from a reader perspective I don't want to see.

Honestly, I don’t understand all the Moira stans who’ve come out of the woodwork to gripe about how she’s been treated since House of X. She was barely a background supporting character before all this and really not all that interesting IMO. I guess I’m just shocked people care so much about her.

Not trying to be a dick. I just don’t generally get all that invested in the non-super powered supporting cast in these books. But I do wonder what Zoe Culloden is up to these days…

Regardless, to each their own. And if these boards have taught me anything, it’s that every single character who has ever appeared in an X-book has at least a handful of X-fans who will defend their honor tirelessly… and I say this with love and respect, as one of about three Cable fans on here who will always let people know when he’s gotten a raw deal.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 02-09-2022 at 06:12 PM.