Default Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.: Night of the Cyclops

Coming May 2022. Details here.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Coming May 2022. Details here.
    Very interesting, other than Hecate(which despite her importance to the overall mythos never really got a deep dive into her own myth) and the Hydra (which again was pretty surface level) we haven't gotten a lot of Greek myths in Hellboy.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Any idea as to in what year this story begins?

While not the deep dive into Greek Myths I was hoping for I really loved the story Mignola did weave here. While the pieces were familiar( a jealous Aphrodite cursing a rival) the story seemed original as I can't find any references to a story where Aphrodite turned a village into Satyrs after her son refused to force a woman who's beauty rivaled her own to marry Silenus and yet although original it truly felt authentic which is no small feat.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I liked it. The story was interesting as TWG says. The artwork was simply gorgeous, hoping for more Vatine in the Mignolaverse. I feel I missed something at the end, like they were showing me something I didn't see.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I liked it. The story was interesting as TWG says. The artwork was simply gorgeous, hoping for more Vatine in the Mignolaverse. I feel I missed something at the end, like they were showing me something I didn't see.
    Yeah, the depiction of the Satyr girl was fantastic, sure, she was nude but it wasn't titillating or exploitative which is tough to pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yeah, the depiction of the Satyr girl was fantastic, sure, she was nude but it wasn't titillating or exploitative which is tough to pull off.
    And that two pager when he first sees their world!!!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Yeah, that was so lush and awe-inspiring.

I have to agree with Hellboy, their curse didn't look that bad. Anyway, has Vatine drawn anything else for Mignola?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I have to agree with Hellboy, their curse didn't look that bad. Anyway, has Vatine drawn anything else for Mignola?
    This was his first Mignolaverse book. I think he has done some Conan work.

It was fine. Always up for new adventures with Hellboy

Yeah, that was so lush and awe-inspiring.
    Indeed. Truly a work of art (IMHO):