Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Karma got a new love interest with a bird lady. Who the heck is the she-Angel?

Has she appeared before?
    Gabriella "Elle" Diwa, a Filipino mutant who appeared in Age of X-Man and flirted with Xi'an at the Hellfire Gala. Her codename is Galura and she can fly of course but also manipulate the wind.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Yes. In the Marvel Pride issue the Karma story took place at the Hellfire Gala. Karma was pining for this character and Magik gave her a pep talk to get her to ask her out.
    I think very few people even bought obscure issues like Marvel Voices?
    Last edited by ericng; 02-09-2022 at 09:48 AM.

The book has a strong emotional core, and I love that about it. It's so full of human emotion, and it's able to convey and understand it on a deeper level than many books. There was a lot of nuance and honesty. You can tell Ayala's writing from experience. It was a good issue and a nice change of pace from the slough we got in the last 9-ish issues.

My biggest complaint though, would be the dialogue. Like it comes off as so manufactured, like it came from a blog about self-help rather than the characters' own heads. They wanted to convey the ideas, but didn't do it in a way that felt like the characters were talking in their own voices. A few characters were fine, but it was really noticeable.

The No-Girl stuff is weird. Don't give me that bull about them not considering her. They didn't fail her, she just forgot she could go through the Crucible or Waiting Room at any time.

Still don't care for Karma/Gallura. I get nothing from seeing them kiss. Maybe I missed past books with them, but I only remember seeing them interact in Voices: Pride - and that was largely about Karma fawning over Vita's OC and saying how amazing she was.

The Krakoan reads THE LABORS OF MAGIK
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

A really enjoyable issue. I do appreciate Vita's handling of the various resolutions for these individual characters. The art took some getting used to but it did remind me of Brett Blevins' NM work back in the day so it's all good.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Gabriella "Elle" Diwa, a Filipino mutant who appeared in Age of X-Man and flirted with Xi'an at the Hellfire Gala. Her codename is Galura and she can fly of course but also manipulate the wind.
    I can't believe Marvel actually created a new character just to be Karma's new lover when there are so many existing characters around.

Why must the new lover be someone from Southeast Asia and not America or Europe? It speaks of stereotyping.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    It was earlier than that. Back before the tran assistance arc. When they were primarily just training the kids. The moment where Dani and karma were trying to help rahne. It seemed pretty clear that Karma and Magik still had some hang ups with each other. I'm not saying they hate each other with the vitriol of a thousand suns. But it's clear they're not the best with each other.
    No scene like that exists. The only scene that even suggests Magik has a problem with Karma is the scene where Karma quits in the Rosenberg Uncanny run after Rahne died. That's pre-Krakoa, let alone pre-Ayala. There is no scene in which Dani and Karma both try to help Rahne. There's a scene in the first issue where Dani is trying to help Karma with her nightmares when Magik comes in for her coffee and Karma leaves because she's discussing something very personal and doesn't want to deal with Magik's big man on campus attitude at that moment and Rahne has to explain to Magik that Karma had been having nightmares. Nothing about that has anything to do with Magik's feelings on Karma's actions in Dead Souls.

Well, I certainly trust Vita Ayala to make the rules of "mutant magic" over Tini Howard. (Seriously, did we get any details beyond "X's are better" and "stand in circles"?)

Also, I liked the Strange Academy shout-out.

Extraordinary Member

I can't believe Marvel actually created a new character just to be Karma's new lover when there are so many existing characters around.

Why must the new lover be someone from Southeast Asia and not America or Europe? It speaks of stereotyping.
    Who would you have preferred?

Girl what…..

A little melodramatic for my taste, but still cool enough. I hope next arc has more action and fun. All this talk about feelings gets a little boring lol.

Excited for what Rod Reis will do with this magic aspect coming to the fore front.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Did they show the new looks of No-Girl and Cosmar??????
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Who would you have preferred?
    Moonstar, Magma, Cecilia Reyes, Catseye, Roulette, Tarot, Tempo, Thumbelina, Dragoness, Strobe, Locus, Phantazia, Fatale, Beautiful Dreamer, Callisto, Thorn, Feral, Anne Marie Cortez, Unuscione, Static, Gargouille, Vague, Flambé, Tremolo...
    Last edited by Milici; 02-09-2022 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Yeah, they did. Cosmar's not quite human looking, but a lot more than she was. No-girl/Cerebella is a cute girl with a visible brain (at her request).

Extraordinary Member

Yes. But with Cosmar I'm pretty sure it's not her final form but an intermediate form and she'll be going back for more sessions,

With No-Girl, unless I totally missed something, she didn't go through the Crucible. They just made her a body and downloaded her mind into it. There was no point in her having a fight to the death since she was already a brain in a jar with no body.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Right here!https://twitter.com/LetsTalkHnyBdgr/...742980/photo/1
    My flag is bacon.