Page 101 of 230 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3441

Wasn't the infinite Earths coming back one of the main things about Infinite Crisis?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

This news isn't that exciting or grabs my interest because DC hardly explores the 52 earths they currently have enough. I don't see the point of infinite earths in continuity, especially when DC can just make some out of continuity story like the recent DC mech or dionsaur books if they really wanted to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wasn't the infinite Earths coming back one of the main things about Infinite Crisis?
    Infinite Crisis/52 weekly is what lead to there being only 52 earths.

Convergence supposedly restored the infinite multiverse but nobody cared lol. DC never does anything with the Multiverse so there’s no reason to feel invested in whether it’s infinite Earths or 52 or just one. Launch a new line of Elseworld books written by someone other than Tom Taylor and maybe I’ll feel something besides indifference.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    That's Ralph Dibny. It's an Identity Crisis homage
    Ah, you're correct! Thank you, this has been driving me crazy all day haha

:facepalm: They really think this is supposed to be exciting? They're even hyping it up with things that Infinite Crisis already did over 15 years ago for better or worse. Bringing back the multiverse was a big deal in 2005 because it was gone for so long. It's been back ever since, details of its vastness and whatnot varying. Yet they consider this a secret that had to be kept? This regime continues to have zero creative ideas of its own. Absolutely the only thing I might have the slightest interest in would be the potential to explore worlds not tied to the nonsense that is the main line. But I looked forward to that last time and it didn't do much good, and that was with a hierarchy which comparatively were damn geniuses, sad as that is to say.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-21-2022 at 06:04 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member

So can we get somebody at DC whose job it is to tell people 'no' like they were a naughty puppy anytime they want to do a Crisis thing.

... I'm almost tempted to joke that all of these are to make up for the fact that in CoIE Batman didn't so much major given... universe destroying forces of anti-matter are a bit over his paygrade.

BANNED

I know a lot of people are pissed about the use of "Crisis" yet again, but I'm more pissed about "Dark" being used yet again. Dark Nights Metal, Dark Multiverse, etc. Dan DiDio is gone but his myopic and vacuous idea of storytelling continues to permeate DC editorial.

I have to think no one was buying Dark Crisis and the decision was made to tack on "On Infinite Earths." It's a clumsy title that I doubt was always planned, though the current regime at DC isn't capable of anything much better.

DC solicits from a few weeks back stated that "DC's new Multiverse" would be revealed at the SDCC panel. Instead, they just said, "hey, we're brining back an infinite Multiverse even though we've had one since Scotty Snyder haphazardly created one a few years ago."

So is no one gonna talk about our new legacy villain Mickey Mxyzptlk, son of Mr. Mxyzptlk? Or how weird it is Mxyzptlk has a kid?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So is no one gonna talk about our new legacy villain Mickey Mxyzptlk, son of Mr. Mxyzptlk? Or how weird it is Mxyzptlk has a kid?
    Is "Mickey Mxyzpylk" suppose to be a play on "Mickey Mouse"?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Is "Mickey Mxyzpylk" suppose to be a play on "Mickey Mouse"?
    Honestly no idea
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Which they don't even spell properly? It should be Mycky.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Mighty Member

Who is holding Anti-Monitor's head on that Dark Crisis cover?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I always assumed "on infinite earths" for every event that has the the words "Crisis" in it.

Something I don't understand about DC is their insistence on making the existence of a multiverse as needlessly convoluted as humanily possible.

In theory, a multiverse should be the easiest concept.
    "Here's the 'main' universe with all the characters you care about. Here's another one where they're all old and we follow their kids. Here's an opposite world. Here's a steampunk world. Here's one where they're all dinosaurs. One where they're robots. Here's one where they have hot dogs instead of fingers. Maybe sometimes these worlds cross over with each other."

Simple, right?

But with DC, we have to get this nonsensical, overly literal claptrap of lore that never makes any sense and just makes you want to fall asleep.
    "The first multiverse emerged from the Source, and the Hand guided it. But then Perpetua created another multiverse and this one was bad and this led to the Moniters until the Anti-Moniter destroyed the muliverse except it survived in Hypertime and the multivervses had babies and one of the babies looked at me..."

And as others have pointed out...DC goes through all this trouble crafting this idiotic lore and logic why their multiverse exists or doesn't exist, and it never amounts to anything. They'll come out with an Earth XYZ comic that lasts for eleven issues before they get bored and blow it up for the next Crisis.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    Who is holding Anti-Monitor's head on that Dark Crisis cover?
    She appears to be Harbinger from the original COIE.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014