Page 164 of 230 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 3441

I enjoyed. Not great but entertaining at least.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Is anything ever going to happen in this story?

Astonishing Member

The Titans is probably what the legacy league means.

Somebody has to die for good to save all those infinite worlds.

Superman's new neat powerup.

Need to see FB6.

By the way, here's the cover to the next event that this story is leading into. It also features the Great Darkness as the villian.

great darkness.png

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    By the way, here's the cover to the next event that this story is leading into. It also features the Great Darkness as the villian.

great darkness.png
    Sounds interesting, but not crazy about the art.

I agree that the way Williamson and DC in general are trying to hype up the Titans simply isn't working. Not only was the "We are Titans" shot awkward because there were established JLers among them, that shot should have also led to them actually feeling like a threat to their enemies. Pariah appearing when the Titans actually think they are winning would have had a much bigger impact.

Meh on the Jl reunion.

Rose vs Nightwing could be fun but if it's not used to explicitely bring back some pre-N52 lore, I don't see the point. I don't trust this event to give their fight a big emotional impact without references to pre-N52 canon.

Astonishing Member

The last page of the current issue does not bode well for the Titans. That being said, Dark Crisis seems to setting up for whatever event is coming next. I feel like the writers could've set up for that without a major event.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I agree that the way Williamson and DC in general are trying to hype up the Titans simply isn't working. Not only was the "We are Titans" shot awkward because there were established JLers among them, that shot should have also led to them actually feeling like a threat to their enemies. Pariah appearing when the Titans actually think they are winning would have had a much bigger impact.

Meh on the Jl reunion.

Rose vs Nightwing could be fun but if it's not used to explicitely bring back some pre-N52 lore, I don't see the point. I don't trust this event to give their fight a big emotional impact without references to pre-N52 canon.
    Hyping up the Titans doesn't work because DC hasn't established them to be competent or relevant in a long while. The issue's ending put a huge damper on things too, its either going to end with a mass culling, the Titans getting bailed out by the JL or a mass culling followed by the JL rescuing them. All potential outcomes make the Titans look incompetent.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I continue to fail to get how anyone could be entertained by this book...it just seems so lack luster. They kept showing the multi-verse map with darkness infecting it over and over like it was supposed to build tension...but you can't build tension if you haven't educated the audience on just what the threat is. We're five issues in and we don't know what the great darkness is, what the plan is or why we should care if it fails or succeeds. That's a HUGE failure in storytelling.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member

Well, we know, that Pariah is losing next issue (and Damian will have a role in this, due to his tie-in), with Slade being the final boss in the last issue in December, so, regardless of the outcome, Titans and Dick will be the one, who put the end of this. It comes from the storyline.
    Anyway, is the plan for this event was to establish Titans, well, it doesn't seem like Williamson really tried before. It all looks like they originally wanted to use this event to push FS characters, but their sales were so bad, that they decided to shift focus to Titans.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 10-04-2022 at 08:05 AM.

Okay I got to ask because this personally is gnawing at me…what do you mean by this? I’m not going to argue with you about whether you like the book or not as that’s subjective and honestly your opinion is valid.

But things happened, people fought at the hall of Justice, Justice League escaped dream world, Pariah got to earth with his army.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Why does Williamson keep putting poor Rose through the ringer?

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post

Meh on the Jl reunion.

I like what Priest did, but if you're going to bring something from the pre-N52, please let her have 2 eyes.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Okay I got to ask because this personally is gnawing at me…what do you mean by this? I’m not going to argue with you about whether you like the book or not as that’s subjective and honestly your opinion is valid.

But things happened, people fought at the hall of Justice, Justice League escaped dream world, Pariah got to earth with his army.
    I can't speak for Blunt, but when I say nothing happened, I mean nothing of consequence. Sure there were fights, and people posing and Pariah showed up on Earth...but we didn't learn anything, there was zero emotional impact, zero tension and no real story. Stuff happens...just because, without any real meaning or motivation behind it. Where's the journey? What do we care about? It's just empty.

People fight in the Hall of Justice...but why? How does Slade know they're there? Why does the infection end if he does? What is the infection doing? We're five issues and several tie-ins into this story and we should have some of the answers to those questions and we don't.

The Justice League escaped the dream worlds...okay, we kind of got that they were being used as batteries but for what purpose? What does it change now that they are out? Again, we should have had answers by now.

Pariah got to Earth...okay, why is that important? Why didn't he simply do it before? Nope, no answers here either.

If we had these all these questions left unanswered and it was only issue two that'd be fine...but it's nearly over and that we don't have a reason to care at this point really kills any impact the ending is supposed to have.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 10-04-2022 at 08:24 AM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I can't speak for Blunt, but when I say nothing happened, I mean nothing of consequence. Sure there were fights, and people posing and Pariah showed up on Earth...but we didn't learn anything, there was zero emotional impact, zero tension and no real story. Stuff happens...just because, without any real meaning or motivation behind it. Where's the journey? What do we care about? It's just empty.
    What Guardian said is essentially what I meant. Obviously things are happening, but there's nothing of significance. At least with the other crises there was some gimmick or theme to make them unique, but this doesn't have anything that isn't already a rehash of things we've seen before but without the weight or emotion.