Page 69 of 230 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 3441

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Whatever happened to Maxima? Wonder Woman's abscence would be a good opportunity to bring her back to the League.

Peace
    Which Maxima we talking about here...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    In terms of who dies, I'll throw out a wild guess and say maybe Rose Wilson dies. Williamson said she appears in dark crisis a few months ago, but was kinda coy on her role. Williamson has also been emphasizing how much of a villain Slade will be in this series.
    Rose getting killed due to Slade's stupidity was inevitable. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Whatever happened to Maxima? Wonder Woman's abscence would be a good opportunity to bring her back to the League.

Peace
    Doesn't have as inspiring and as liberating a body count as Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which Maxima we talking about here...
    Yeah, I know the pre-Flashpoint version supposedly died in Superman Our World at War (though I'm betting she could have escaped), and the New 52 gave us a couple of different versions, and Rebirth didn't give us back the old one, as far as I know, so that's kind of what I'm asking. Is there a version of Maxima around that we could bring into the League?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Oh, I'm sure she doesn't.
    That's kind of what bugs me with events like this, that they rather push new creations that aren't really making all that much success when they could use something like this to bring back so many old characters and do something better with them. I mean, Maxima came to mind when I thought of Wonder Woman, but how about, Bloodwynd, Congorilla, Starman, Captain Atom, Faith, Tommorow Woman, Zauriel, and so many other past leaguers looking for a chance to shine again? I just hope they don't kill Kimyo or one of the other guys I like.

Peace

I need to thank reddit for saving the Q&A thread by Williamson. Round of applause for Frogman 417.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...a_on_the_dcui/

• For the first question, Joshua is asked about Dick and Wally. Joshua says that Nightwing is a major part of Dark Crisis, as well as Wally and the Flash Fam. Wally's story continues in Flash #783, and that there's gonna be a Flash cover reveal soon that'll make fans very excited.
    • Joshua is asked about Conner Kent/Superboy, and says that he's going to be in the Dark Crisis: Young Justice tie-in, but can't answer any further as it gets too deep into spoilers for the rest of the book.
    • Joshua is asked about how fan perception of Jon, Yara and Jace warped/changed his methods and planning, to which he answered it didn't, really? He wrote it merely as how they'd react to this latest Crisis, and that they aren't actually together much in Dark Crisis.
    • When asked about other team-ups happening with the Justice League now dead, but Joshua answers that Nightwing did say they all needed to work together, and the idea that there's "no Justice League" becomes evident after #1.
    • He also says "People might try to form new teams…but it won’t go the way they hoped or expect."
    • Joshua says that his goal for this Crisis is to show how others would react to it, how those who's never been in a Crisis react to it. He also says that he doesn't consider Metal/Death Metal as Crisis events, saying that Snyder described Death Metal as an "anti-Crisis", and that the last Crisis(in his mind) was Heroes in Crisis.
    • Joshua is asked how far back planning for this went, and he says "a few years." He was writing down ideas when he came to think of what death meant in the DCU, and that ultimately led to him writing down 'Death of the JL., and that he's honed the idea through the years, and when Infinite Frontier was coming, he pitched it to DC, who said it fit into their plans and accepted it.
    • Joshua is asked about the JSA, and says he can't go too much into it without spoiling, but says simply that he's a big fan of the Justice Society and to read Dark Crisis, and that fans of them will be very happy.
    • When asked what made him want to pinpoint on the POV of the sidekicks in Dark Crisis, Joshua says his entry point to DC was the likes of Tim, Conner, Bart, Connor Cassie, Kyle, etc., and since then saw a ton of new legacy characters be introduced, so he wanted to do a story about that, about all of the legacy heroes introduced since COIE. He says we've seen Crisis events from the POV of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, and so let's see it from someone else's POV.
    • He also says he's most excited about the Titans, Dick, Wally, Jon and a "few other surprises that'll pop up."
    • Joshua answers a question about Damian, saying that he's one of his favorite characters and that he loves writing him. He says that Damian will a few big moments in key scenes of Dark Crisis, and that some of what happens in Shadow War will lead into Dark Crisis and that it impacts Damian.
    • Joshua also confirms that we'll see Damian with Jon and Dick.
    • When asked about Raven and her involvement, Joshua says that she is "crucial" to a big scene later in the series, and that she has one of the bigger moments/fights later on. He states that she is super powerful and that they're gonna really need it in a BIG fight later on.
    • Joshua is asked about Dinah, and her being apparently alive by the end of DotJL, though left behind. He can't answer, and merely says that there will be answers in Dark Crisis, and specifically in the Green Arrow and Black Canary tie-in stories in October.
    • Joshua says he's already working on what comes after Dark Crisis, and that it'' too early to say what that is.
    • When asked about the Titans reputation of dying during Crisis events(by me!), he says that's actually a point Deathstroke brings up, and in regards to any of them dying, to read #1 and #2. He says that he loves the Titans, but that Dark Crisis is gonna be a "wild ride" for fans.
    • He also says all of those members from Glass TT show up, minus Wallace who's in Flash instead(this was an answer for me and me only, sorry).
    • When asked about Roy's reunion with Lian and where the story for that is, Joshua says that that was supposed to happen in TTA and Catwoman, but those plans changed and he's picking them up in Dark Crisis. He says he wants to pick up on that as much as he can, as he really wants to see Roy back with his family.
    • He also says he cried when Lian died in Cry for Justice and that there's a reason she's Shoes now, but can't get into it now/yet.
    • When asked why Deathstroke is such a major part of the story, Joshua says it's because he "hates legacy." He's the Titans main archenemy and that if you're gonna do a story about an attack on legacy, Deathstroke has to be involved.
    • When asked about Aquaman #6 being missing from the Dark Crisis checklist and the possible inclusion of more titles there, Joshua answers that there will be an updated Checklist once we're closer to the story, and that they didn't want to give everything away now.
    • Batman Who Laughs won't show up, since he was such a major piece of the DCU from 2017 to 2019, and that it'd feel wrong to do a story of him without Scott and Greg.
    • When asked about the Arrow Family, Joshua gushes that he loves the Arrow Fam and that there's definitely plans, and that fans should be very happy once Dark Crisis is over.
    • Joshua's asked about Hal, and says that his story is a major one in Dark Crisis. Once he finds out about what happened to the JL's, he PISSED, and will be a major player in the story.
    • Joshua say that he loves Young Justice, and that their tie-in plays a very big role in a moment later in the story.
    • When asked about how much planning and research goes into a story like this, Joshua says A LOT. He's been reading DC for most of his life, so he considers himself fairly knowledged, but that there's others that know more than him about certain circles in the DCU, and thus he talks to them, and that he does a lot of re-reading.
    • When asked why Black Adam was chosen as the sole survivor, Joshua says the joke answer is because he has a movie coming out. But the real answer is that he's very conflicted with his own role in the DCU and about his own feelings on the idea of "legacy", considering what happened to his own legacy characters.
    • Other than COIE, Joshua says that Infinite Crisis had a big influence, and that parts of Final Crisis also come up.
    • Joshua is asked about Zatanna, and her seeming exclusion from all of the mourning so far. He says that there were plans to resolve some of her story and conflict with the Upside-Down Man before JL #75, but that didn't work out. But it WILL be resolved in Dark Crisis itself, and that he doesn't want to ignore her/her status quo, but he doesn't want to go too deep into the story, and she will be shown being mourned. With her name being left out of Nightwing's speech, that was an error that will be rectified when the issue comes out.
    • Joshua says that he's been a big fan of Killer Frost ever since JL vs. SS which he wrote, and that's why she's in Dark Crisis, but also that she plays a big role coming up in something that hasn't been announced yet.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to this event, but this Titans thing is making me anxious.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Can I say that while I understand the Harley hate, she’s killed a lot of people over the years and was a psychopath, that I genuinely like the recent series which have all been about her getting her freedom thanks to Suicide Squad and honestly trying to be a better person, make up for her mistakes, and help the batfamily
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Can I say that while I understand the Harley hate, she’s killed a lot of people over the years and was a psychopath, that I genuinely like the recent series which have all been about her getting her freedom thanks to Suicide Squad and honestly trying to be a better person, make up for her mistakes, and help the batfamily
    That's fair. I don't think that should earn her a spot on the JL though.

Yeah I can agree with that
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

So I kinda wonder who recommends Harley. Jon formed the team but he doesn't know her.

I mean aside from her role in Metal

The Bat Fam knows she's an ally now but Damian wasnt there during Joker War and Fear State, and Damian has high standards

Dick?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So I kinda wonder who recommends Harley. Jon formed the team but he doesn't know her.

I mean aside from her role in Metal

The Bat Fam knows she's an ally now but Damian wasnt there during Joker War and Fear State, and Damian has high standards

Dick?
    Probably Booster Gold, Williamson mentioned heroes in crisis in his interview and they met there as the two murder suspects and then teamed up alongside Barbara Gordon and Ted Kord so solve the mystery. Not to mention they had a weird short romance.
    Words to live by.

Glad you enjoyed it. Nice to know Harley Quinn is paving the way for the day when the likes of the Unabomber or a Manson family member can get the thumbs up from Batman.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-11-2022 at 06:39 PM.

Glad you enjoyed it. Nice to know Harley Quinn is paving the way for the day when the likes of the Unabomber or a Manson family member can get the thumbs up from Batman.
    Thanks I am enjoying it, not a huge fan of Riley Rosmo’s art (it can just look weird at times and I don’t quite have a feel for it) but Stephanie Phillips is a writer that I tend to enjoy.
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

She is not the first bad guy on the team
    Black Adam lex luthor killer frost

Thanks I am enjoying it, not a huge fan of Riley Rosmo’s art (it can just look weird at times and I don’t quite have a feel for it) but Stephanie Phillips is a writer that I tend to enjoy.
    Yeah, I liked what I read in the first trade too...although the art does take some getting used too .
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    She is not the first bad guy on the team
    Black Adam lex luthor killer frost
    I think it's more glaring here because she offers up nothing of value compared to the rest of the members. In fact she looks even less capable in comparison to all of them.