Page 8 of 230 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I sincerely doubt they are dead, I assume they are back by the final issue
    Doesn't really matter if they're "back" or not by the end. I'm just wondering how killing them off celebrates their legacies, especially when it's accompanied by another low-effort "crisis".

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm pretty certain that no one has ever been scared off from consuming something they wish to consume because faceless individuals yell at them on the internet. There aren't outside forces preventing anything. If people want it, its there.
    Tell that to the faceless individuals that keep yelling.

And those things people apparently don't want are selling better in digital format. Probably because it allows them to read it without going into a comic shop where everyone is telling them what they want to purchase is ruining the industry.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well if we were to take Williamson's word from the press release at face value, he claims that this story won't have reboots, retcons or altering the timeline again, but rather about seeing a Crisis event from the perspective of the former sidekicks, partners and overall younger generations and how they would save the day without their mentors. But I can't argue with your sentiment though. It's a cash grab, only thing to hope for is to be a quality cash grab.
    Williamson also said this isn't the story anyone is thinking it is, yet all of us called the Future State kids being the focus as soon as this was announced, and the only surprise (so far) is that Wally, Dick, and Hal might actually be playing large roles, when the cynics among us (like me) assumed they'd get shafted like usual. It's a nice surprise, and reminds me that DC isn't under the same people it used to be, so I shouldn't expect the same kind of crap.

I said I wasn't gonna check this out if Dick and Wally didn't get their due, but if their prominence in the art has any truth to it then...well that's actually pretty f*cking great, honestly. Our fanbases have wanted these two to get the recognition they deserve for years now. And Williamson is a quality talent, I've liked what I've seen of him. These couple pages don't really mean anything, but it's a good sign. Better than them being completely absent, which I think a lot of us have gotten used to over the years.

It all still sounds awful. Dark Crisis? What a name. And I wonder what could get some of these cosmic villains to work together, a lot of them are very much working at cross purposes. Gods, it's sounds like an angry "stupid DC" fanfic rant from posters here right? The biggest bad guys work together, the names too big to really die, "die" and the new pet projects take over. Hell someone's probably used "Dark Crisis" as a joke name here before. But if at least *some* of the people who should *actually* be stepping up are doing that, and with Williamson crafting it....hell you never know. Might be fun.

If Dick and Wally actually play big roles here I'll likely give it an issue. Add Vic or Black Lightning or Mr. Terrific (that they're all black men is actually coincidental) to that list and I'll definitely give it one. Otherwise I'll wait for word of mouth and the trade.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Tell that to the faceless individuals that keep yelling.

And those things people apparently don't want are selling better in digital format. Probably because it allows them to read it without going into a comic shop where everyone is telling them what they want to purchase is ruining the industry.
    There's no reason to. Outside of presumably not buying the material themselves, no effect is had. And I highly doubt that anyone going into a comic shop is being harassed for their reading habits. At least I've never been privy to an LCS that's that toxic. Worst I've ever seen is general geekdom discussion. Real life face-to-face interaction is thankfully not always a direct reflection of the horrors of the internet.

As far as digital sales, there's no way to to get those numbers so there's really no way to confirm of deny the level of boost, so I can only stick to what can be seen, even if incomplete.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-09-2022 at 02:09 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Donna looks like her gender-bent version on that cover. Buying for Jon tho.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I sincerely doubt they are dead, I assume they are back by the final issue
    So Forever Evil ending?

Out of the villains, I only recognise Black Hand, Deathstroke, Doomsday, Ares, Eclipso, Darkseid. Who are the other 3?
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 02-09-2022 at 02:07 PM.
    "Cable was right!"

As far as digital sales, there's no way to to get those numbers so there's really no way to confirm of deny the level of boost, so I can only stick to what can be seen, even if incomplete.
    Comixology lists their top selling digital comics directly on their front page. Most release weeks titles that most laud as "failures" often appear in the top 10.

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

If they push the new 5G characters under a team book with a good writer it could work out. Still, the solos should focus on Wally as Flash, Hal as GL..I wouldn't mind Dick taking one of the Batman books as the main character but as Nightwing.

The art, at least, seems pretty good. Hope it's what we get in the actual books, and that it's the same art team all the way. However, my hopes are not very high. IMHO, based on what DC has been putting out lately, it'll be another attempt to sideline the traditional heroes in favor of the new lamer versions. However, let's see.

Peace

Comixology lists their top selling digital comics directly on their front page. Most release weeks titles that most laud as "failures" often appear in the top 10.
    That I did not know they did. When combined with physical copy data, does anything beside Batman touch Marvel?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

That I did not know they did. When combined with physical copy data, does anything beside Batman touch Marvel?
    It's hard to judge when combined. Digital you can get instant data as to which books are doing better than others, but monthly numbers for physical are normally about a month behind before you get data on those.

Just looking at the top 10 on Comixology, Superman: Son of Kal-El is currently at number 7 and the Justice League Annual at #8. The only Bat-book that's above them is Batman/Catwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    . . . Also, with Kendra gone does that mean there are no present-day Hawks? I'm not sure exactly what happened to Carter and Shayera unless they're just older people in the present-day.
    I remember back in Hawkman #27 (the 2018 series) that Hawkman and Hawkwoman (not Kendra) were back in the +/-late 1940s with members of the JSA. Did they ever return to the "present" at the end of that series or later on?

Astonishing Member

Since Death Metal ended they have probably reverted back to being the Pre Flashpoint versions.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    What better way to celebrate your flagship characters than to kill them off, eh?
    Well its a celebration of their legacy so..... yeah kind of. This allows all the heroes they have had a hand in building or inspiring to shine for once.

It`s not like the JL members are actually dead or no longer have solo books coming out. IF they announce they are staying dead after the event you may have a point. Obviously if Diana, Bruce and Clark are gotten rid of completely I would be mad.

I highly doubt that's the case. Do you really need every event to heavily feature the same characters?

Incredible Member

Why would they want to when the current vocal fanbase does nothing but yell and tell them they're ruining their comics?
    Whether they effect new consumers or not, current comic fans are pretty big bummers.

Very cynical fan base. No matter what event or story decisions or made, a ton of people will criticize DC/Marvel for either trying something new or doing the same old thing. All without even reading it.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

If this event is all about legacy, then why do I only see prominent characters that makes DC Comics money? Why not actually put a focus on all those other legacy characters that's been ignored for about a decade now? Tom King used Mr. Terrific in his Strange Adventures. You know who should be leading this event? The JSA, the team that's been about legacy for decades now. Not the Justice League, they have enough stuff already.