Page 100 of 230 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3441

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    What's funny is not only the false advertising but this could now set a precedent where the Big Two can just announce any event and then midway through change its title with the excuse of "trying to avoid spoilers".
    This isn't even the first time DC has done this. Countdown to Final Crisis was just "Countdown" for the first 26 issues.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Was thinking same, but multiple writers attached and Perkins not drawing it gives me a pause.
    Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I didn't realize there are more writers involved. I was too blinded by the covers and the panel write-up only mentioned Ram V. It'll depend on how good the preview is then.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    What's funny is not only the false advertising but this could now set a precedent where the Big Two can just announce any event and then midway through change its title with the excuse of "trying to avoid spoilers".
    I could definitely see these title changes become popular if this leads to a bit of a sales spike. So much for not wanting to confuse new fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    This isn't even the first time DC has done this. Countdown to Final Crisis was just "Countdown" for the first 26 issues.
    Hopefully it doesn't become an actual common thing from now on.

Astonishing Member

I wonder, title change was their plan all along, or sales aren't really good?

lmfao.

what a shit show.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Being compared to Countdown is something you should strive to avoid at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I wonder, title change was their plan all along, or sales aren't really good?
    He said in the paniel that the sales for issue 3 were better than issue 2.
    Who knows, but it's such a weird choice.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    He said in the paniel that the sales for issue 3 were better than issue 2.
    Who knows, but it's such a weird choice.
    Yep, also issues #1-3 are getting more printings so don't think it's a sales issues.

"Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths" is...kind of a bad title. Or too wordy. Dark Crisis seemed better.

I just want to point out that Zatanna's dream world has her wearing fishnets .

Kendra is also looking more Egyptian, which surprised me because she always seemed more resistant to her past...which she doesn't even really fit into anymore since Shayera is around.

Damian leading his own team might be kind of fun.

People have been wondering when Jace would get into the wider DCU and now he's going to fight frikkin' Sinestro. A man using an identity that strikes fear into the hearts of criminals versus the man who literally embodies great fear.

Why does DC think anyone cares about “infinite Earths” returning? They’ve had 52 Earths to use and barely done a damn thing with any of them. Unless those Earths all star Batman I seriously doubt anything major will be done with them, DC can’t even put out books starring the non-A-Listers on Earth 0, they’re not going to do anything major with all these Earths. Except maybe blow them up again as fodder for the next event.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

All-New Member

2JM7fWABfaJjDjxRFbLGvQ-970-80.jpg

Anyone know who that's supposed to be on the far left of this variant cover?

Ya I am just not sure what to think after todays news. Why not just leave the title as is?

Spoilers?! Come on.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper View Post
    2JM7fWABfaJjDjxRFbLGvQ-970-80.jpg

Anyone know who that's supposed to be on the far left of this variant cover?
    That's Ralph Dibny. It's an Identity Crisis homage

The mid series name change trope is nothing new. Doctor Who did it once - 48 years ago! The serial Invasion of the Dinosaurs was just called Invasion for the first episode. Same reasoning too - avoiding spoilers. Too bad the Radio Times television listings magazine gave the game away anyway.
    https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Invas...urs_(TV_story)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ugh...I'm sorry, but this all looks like the most limp, unappealing, unnecessary event bollix. There is literally nothing here that we haven't seen multiple times already. The fact they're outright telling us what's going to happen doesn't inspire confidence either.

Are we really supposed to be excited the "infinite Earths" are back for, what, fifth or sixth time? I seriously thought they came back three Crises ago. We're really dragging the "Wonder Woman killing Max Lord and the death of Jason Todd shows how dark and lost the heroes have become" card out of mothballs?

We all knew the Justice League was coming back. Just makes you wonder what the whole point of it was. I know I can't wait for Wonder Woman to do nothing of note except punch random bad guys in the background. In a hideous outfit no less. I really hope they don't try to pass that thing as her new costume going forward.

Just a whole lotta nothing.

Yeah, already thought the infinite Earths were supposed to be back in play already. The name of the current phase is Infinite Frontier after all.
    But all this means nothing since they didn’t do anything worthwhile with the multiverse concept when they had fewer Earths. That makes me zero excited about having infinite Earths wasted yet again.