Page 62 of 230 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Notes from Joshua Williamson's interview with Gatecrashers

[Interview here.](https://gatecrashers.fan/2022/05/06/...ua-williamson/)

I highly recommend listening to the interview yourself, it's a fun listen and Joshua's excitement can't be portrayed over text, plus engagement on these interviews just means we'll get more of them.

Anywho, the following interview does not contain any hard spoilers for books yet to come out, but will contain spoilers for past releases, such as Death of the Justice League and earlier issues of Shadow War. If you don't want to be spoiled on those, or to go into Dark Crisis, Shadow War, Robin or the like completely blind, then turn away now.

>* In a later issue of Dark Crisis, an unnamed hero will talk with Nightwing and tell him "everyone's looking to you, kid," and essentially challenge him to take on that responsibility as the guy everyone turns to when things go wrong.
    > * Joshua also says that by the end of Dark Crisis, fans should be very happy with the stuff done with Nightwing.
    > * Damian refuses to believe Batman is dead in Dark Crisis #1, and will have a conflict with Jon over it, though Joshua reassures that Damian will be okay, even calling him his "baby boy."
    > * Joshua also reiterates that writing Damian has been "easily" the happiest he's ever been at DC.
    > * The Bruce/Talia stuff will be explored more in Shadow: War Omega and Robin #15, with it being described as Damian essentially ripping the two up over what they've done.
    > * Joshua confirms that the "I would've saved Alfred if I was there" line from Bruce to Damian in Shadow War Alpha was meant to be Bruce stumbling over his words when trying to make a point instead of him trying to take a dig at Damian.
    > * Psycho Pirate will have a "moment or two" in Dark Crisis.
    > * When asked if there's any possible redemption for Deathstroke, Joshua says a flat-out "No.", before going on to say that he's making sure Deathstroke's no longer gonna walk the line as an anti-hero or that after his arc in Deathstroke Inc, and that he's "one of the worst villains in the DCU."
    > * Joshua then goes on to say that he thinks Priest had the same vision as him, but DC didn't want Deathstroke to be a full villain at that time that Priest was writing, but now Joshua's able to make that push to make him that, and now Joshua's dedicated to turn him even more nuts.
    > * Cameron Chase will pop up again in Shadow War.
    > * Joshua finishes up by putting over Daniel Sampere and how fantastic his art has been, and how it'll only get better after #1.

And the most important question of all...

> * Joshua is asked if he thinks Darkseid wears underwear, and after several moments of perplexity and deep thinking, he says he *"thinks so."*
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...tm_name=iossmf
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

In a later issue of Dark Crisis, an unnamed hero will talk with Nightwing and tell him "everyone's looking to you, kid," and essentially challenge him to take on that responsibility as the guy everyone turns to when things go wrong.
    I'm betting it's Hal.

Who else is left alive of that generation to call Dick a kid anyway. lol The irony being that Hal was created almost 20 years after Dick.

Even Hal calling Dick kid seems weird but it's likely. Someone from the JSA would be cool.

Thank you for the notes. That all sounds good! I'm might not be a fan of making Deathstroke entirely manic, but I like that the higher-ups don't want him to be redeemable anymore.

The last question, lol. Darkseid's body and fashion get quite the attention since that one Infinite Frontier cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    . Basically the superhero version of "bring your kid to work" day.
    Reminds me of back in day when Batman would bring Dick Grayson along to his shenanigans with Superman. The trio had some wild goofy adventures.

Golden ages comics are such a guilty pleasure

I liked the FCBD story with Wally, it wasn’t too much per the main story but it was nice.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I liked the FCBD story with Wally, it wasn’t too much per the main story but it was nice.
    Wally basically said the original Justice League were coming back to life and none of the 5G characters are going to be around after this event right

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Wally basically said the original Justice League were coming back to life and none of the 5G characters are going to be around after this event right
    Sure, and not “the Justice League has always changed and adapted and it’s matter of who is on the team and not if and when a Justice League gets formed”....definitely didn’t happen.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

"Joshua confirms that the "I would've saved Alfred if I was there" line from Bruce to Damian in Shadow War Alpha was meant to be Bruce stumbling over his words when trying to make a point instead of him trying to take a dig at Damian."

Surprisingly pretty much everyone in social media I've been has figured this out. I've only seen a couple of outright Bruce Hate post. Most of them was gdi Bruce post.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Not to mention that there are many former JL members with lots of experience. They have enough guys to probably form 5 JLs without any problems.
    Sure but it would be a Weak Justice League. You need the heavy hitters, the big name brands, the A Listers.

The Legacies characters, using those name brands isnt gonna do it for long either, still a weaker JL. They absolutely will not be able to keep this charade for long. Aquaman/Arthur, Wonder Woman/Diana, Batman/Bruced are characters with billion dollar movies.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    . . . The Legacies characters, using those name brands isnt gonna do it for long either, still a weaker JL. They absolutely will not be able to keep this charade for long. Aquaman/Arthur, Wonder Woman/Diana, Batman/Bruced are characters with billion dollar movies.
    That's why Aquaman is always one of DC's top-selling comic books and will never get cancelled, right?

So Damian is basically in the Tim role of refusing to believe Batman is dead even when everybody else pretty much does. I'm actually kind of surprised that Jon disagrees.

People tired of anti-hero Deathstroke should be happy about this. I'm guessing Harley is the next character DC won't allow to be portrayed as a full-on villain anymore.

That Darkseid question...like, why ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    "Joshua confirms that the "I would've saved Alfred if I was there" line from Bruce to Damian in Shadow War Alpha was meant to be Bruce stumbling over his words when trying to make a point instead of him trying to take a dig at Damian."

Surprisingly pretty much everyone in social media I've been has figured this out. I've only seen a couple of outright Bruce Hate post. Most of them was gdi Bruce post.
    I think most people figured as much but thought it was still a really poor way for Bruce to phrase it that way when he didn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    That's why Aquaman is always one of DC's top-selling comic books and will never get cancelled, right?
    I was about to say that. It's not like Diana is a huge seller of comic books either.

Also, Bendis's Justice League had Clark, Bruce, Diana, Arthur, Oliver and Dinah, but it doesn't look like it sold that well too.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I was about to say that. It's not like Diana is a huge seller of comic books either.

Also, Bendis's Justice League had Clark, Bruce, Diana, Arthur, Oliver and Dinah, but it doesn't look like it sold that well too.
    “Hippolyta” not Diana. She came at the very end luckily.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Reminds me of back in day when Batman would bring Dick Grayson along to his shenanigans with Superman. The trio had some wild goofy adventures.

Golden ages comics are such a guilty pleasure
    That's what I was thinking of. I adore the Golden Age, so much raw energy and pure imagination.

And with Damian especially, I can easily see him keeping his head above water on a League adventure. As long as it wasn't against one of their biggest villains anyway.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.