Page 72 of 230 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 3441
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    The new CBR interview posted within the last hour with Williamson just comes out and says this League doesn't make it very far. Maybe out of the first issue.
    Sounds like at least some of the characters will figure in as the series progresses.

I'm sure most people know not to take much of Bleeding Cool at face value.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-dark-crisis-j...son-interview/
    Which is literally what Bleeding Cool stated. Looks like you can take it at face value.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, they killed Ben Reilly without physically killing him. But they've done that too.
    Take that!
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah, and they even gave interviews saying that they were trying to do right by him, that a lot of people in the offices were his fans.
    And then proceed to murder his characters because they thought the Spider Universe didn't have any place for him.
    That is a pretty common phenomenon. Every time than a creative put too much emphasis on how much they are fans of an specific character and insist on that, you can expect the worst for that character. Everytime than Dan DiDio say how much he was a fan ow Wally West, I said "Oh my, what is he going to do to Wally now?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Hey I was listening to an interview by Williamson and it got me excited because he said that in issue 4 there will be a scene with Dick Grayson, Jon Kent, Yara Flor, and Alan Scott (my favorite green lantern) together doing something

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Notes from the video from frogman417 on reddit:

Starting off, Joshua describes why he wanted to do a Crisis, and he says that he wanted to see all these sorts of characters you typically wouldn't see together, together.

He goes on to say that there will be a scene of Jon, Yara, Dick and Alan Scott together, "walking down a mysterious set of dark stairs" in Dark Crisis #4.

Dark Crisis #1 is said to be more character orientated and reactionary, while #2 is full of action with Dick vs. Deathstroke, Jon vs. Cyborg Superman and more.

3 is also filled with action, of which Joshua says he doesn't want to describe as "fucked up", but action that will "get people talking."

Death of the Justice League was initially supposed to happen in Dark Crisis #1, but Joshua said it was packing too much into one issue, and so DotJL was made into its own issue.

After the end of #4, Dark Crisis #5, #6 & #7 will be filled with a lot of big moments, a lot of action, etc.

Joshua goes on to describe his mindset, that he used to go into comic shops every week, flipping through issues for those big moments, and tries to find himself writing now, and find those big moments that he'd like back in the day.

Joshua speculates that Daniel(Sampere) will kill him by the end of this, with all the big stuff and characters coming up in the later issues of Dark Crisis.

Though he also says that he tries to give Sampere "easy pages", to which Sampere goes overboard with with all the characters.

He also describes Sampere as a big Crisis fan, a big fan of George Perez, and especially a big fan of Phil Jimenez.

There will be a flashback in Robin to a "Grant issue." Be it a Batman & Robin issue or something else, isn't specified.

Joshua compares Flash to Daredevil, on how it always seems to have good writers on it, and that he's really happy that Adams is kicking ass on the title.

He also says that if you write the Flash, you almost have to love the DCU, with how connected the Flash is to it and to the events, and that Adams knows it.

Joshua also says that's why Flash writers seem to always write these big events.

Joshua describes Flash #783 as almost like a Dark Crisis #1.5, and the two books run parallel through the first four issues of Dark Crisis and that the events of Flash eventually meets back up in it after that.

He then describes that Black Adam, Jon, Dick, Wally and Hal all have big emotional arcs throughout the book.

When it comes to covers, Joshua says there's one half of issues he's "okay" with spoiling, and another half he's not.

It wouldn't be a Joshua interview without this: There are plans for Green Arrow, and that's all he can say right now.

Joshua describes how hard it was to leave Robin, but he says he needed to do it to avoid burning out,and that he needed to focus on his 2023 DC stuff as well as creator-owned.

Joshua says that he almost turned down doing the Bane: One Bad Day story, because he wasn't sure how he could do better what Vengeance of Bane did, but watching Night One of the most recent Wrestlemania gave him the idea of what he wanted to do with Bane.

When Dark Crisis is done, Joshua says he's gonna do this whole blog about all the hints and easter eggs littered about that teased and led into things in Dark Crisis.

My thoughts:
    Guess we know who the main players are

Quote Originally Posted by Thephantasm View Post
    He goes on to say that there will be a scene of Jon, Yara, Dick and Alan Scott together, "walking down a mysterious set of dark stairs" in Dark Crisis #4.
    Alan is probably the most surprise name in this list. Also indicates Yara ends up joining in despite not wanting to be involved in a new JL.
    Joshua compares Flash to Daredevil, on how it always seems to have good writers on it, and that he's really happy that Adams is kicking ass on the title.

He also says that if you write the Flash, you almost have to love the DCU, with how connected the Flash is to it and to the events, and that Adams knows it.

Joshua also says that's why Flash writers seem to always write these big events.
    I feel like the New 52 era kind of bucked this trend. Like, I liked the Manapul/Buccelato run but I wouldn't say it was in-tune with the DCU much and the less said about Venditti and Van Jensen the better.
    It wouldn't be a Joshua interview without this: There are plans for Green Arrow, and that's all he can say right now.
    Connor, I guess?
    Joshua describes how hard it was to leave Robin, but he says he needed to do it to avoid burning out,and that he needed to focus on his 2023 DC stuff as well as creator-owned.
    with the amount this man is writing, it's good that he's doing his best to avoid burnout.
    Joshua says that he almost turned down doing the Bane: One Bad Day story, because he wasn't sure how he could do better what Vengeance of Bane did, but watching Night One of the most recent Wrestlemania gave him the idea of what he wanted to do with Bane.
    Imagine getting inspiration for Bane from wrestling .
    When Dark Crisis is done, Joshua says he's gonna do this whole blog about all the hints and easter eggs littered about that teased and led into things in Dark Crisis.
    If nothing else that could be fun .

https://twitter.com/williamson_josh/...iXalt9qgGl04Bw

IAB is now tying in so looking like Jon, Yara, and Jace will be working together after all.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

IAB is now tying in so looking like Jon, Yara, and Jace will be working together after all.
    Or at least are getting tie-in's.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or at least are getting tie-in's.
    I’m expecting SSOKE to tie in and maybe Yara will get a one shot. Maybe Crisis will end with these guys being the main JL for a while after all.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

More info about tie-ins.
    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2022/0...ess-is-growing
    The Great Darkness is growing its reach. With two new one-shots and additional tie-in issues, this year’s Dark Crisis event just got bigger.

The Supersons are going on separate missions to stop Pariah's attacks on the Multiverse! In October's Dark Crisis: The Deadly Green #1, Jon Kent joins forces with Swamp Thing, John Constantine and more to explore the spread of the Great Darkness's influence on the Multiverse and beyond. While in November's Dark Crisis: The Dark Army #1, Damian Wayne, Doctor Light and a ragtag team of heroes cross enemy lines to steal control of the Dark Army from Pariah. But in the process uncover a secret about Doctor Light's place in Crisis on Infinite Earths that rocks the future of the DCU! Creative talent teams for both issues will be announced at a later date.

"Thank you to all the readers and retailers that have shown their support and excitement for Dark Crisis,” said writer Joshua Williamson. “We are growing the story with these new and crucial issues to explore the massive impact that Dark Crisis will have on the DC Universe going into 2023. I can’t wait for fans to get their hands on Dark Crisis #1 next week to see the beginning of this journey.”

Originally slated to tie-in to issues #783-#785 of The Flash, the Dark Crisis event will now include The Flash #786 by writer Jeremy Adams and artist Amancay Nahuelpan. Wally West is exhausted, and has been running nonstop since even before he had to step up in the wake of the loss of the Justice League. But, as he's figured out what he needs to do to free Barry (while also keeping Wallace from falling into Pariah's plans), he's also long overdue for a chat with Linda.

Also revealed for the first time is that I Am Batman #15 from writer John Ridley, releasing in November, will connect to Dark Crisis. Story details and full creative team will be announced at a later date.

Jon with Swamp Thing and Constantine reminds me of Rebirth.

Hey, I'm glad Kimiyo is finally relevant again.

Swamp Thing back on crisis.

Yeah it's nice to see Kimiyo again, bringing the light in this dark time.

Makes sense to bring in Swamp Thing really, great darkness is his villain from Crisis. I just hope it’s Levi.

Also great to see an I am Batman tie-in.

Also I’m hoping you are all correct it’s Kimiyo. Be really screwed up if it was the other one.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Glad to see Dr. Light is getting some attention. I’m hoping Jaime is a part of that “rag tag team” so that there will be two heroes created during Crisis events together. They both appear on Jon’s new Justice League.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Jesus this event is way too long. If the lead in hadn't already kill my will to try this the length certainly would have.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!