Page 92 of 230 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 3441

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Is it though ????
    I mean it would allow him to return later in the story when he heals to redeem himself. It means if you are a fan you won’t have to be bummed because he’s dead.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Didn't Raven use to have some healing powers back in the day?
    Would that be when she was wearing white instead of blue?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wish we could stop talking about that.
    Blame the previous writer who came up with that dumb solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Would that be when she was wearing white instead of blue?
    No, from the start, Raven's not very well-difined powers included empathy, the physical manifestation of her soul-self, which could envolve her enemies and assault them physically and psychiclly, casting of illusions, and the absorption of other people's injuries, which she then manifested and healed on her own body. She had more or less those same powers untill the original Titans Hunt. I'm not quite sure when that changed. I haven't seen her using her healing powers in quite a while, and her own dark soul now seems to work more like dark force magic, as in the cartoons. I admitedlly haven't kept up with all her appearences, and have stopped regularly reading Titans in the last few years.

Peace

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    No, from the start, Raven's not very well-difined powers included empathy, the physical manifestation of her soul-self, which could envolve her enemies and assault them physically and psychiclly, casting of illusions, and the absorption of other people's injuries, which she then manifested and healed on her own body. She had more or less those same powers untill the original Titans Hunt. I'm not quite sure when that changed. I haven't seen her using her healing powers in quite a while, and her own dark soul now seems to work more like dark force magic, as in the cartoons. I admitedlly haven't kept up with all her appearences, and have stopped regularly reading Titans in the last few years.

Peace
    If I recall correctly Raven hasn't had those powers since she came back from the dead in the Johns run. Her abilities were made to align more with her cartoon self there. But yes, she did have healing powers in the her original appearances, though I don't think she ever healed something as major as this. Still, she's ostensibly stronger now than she was then because she hasn't nearly given up the goose to Trigon in a significantly long time, so in theory I imagine that she COULD do it.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Wasn't Bart as Kid Flash editorially mandated?

I personally didn't mind it though.
    Yeah, but you don't personally mind ANYTHING, no matter how bad it is. It's like you have no standards at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Yeah, but you don't personally mind ANYTHING, no matter how bad it is. It's like you have no standards at all.
    Uh...I'm not sure I came off that way? There's some stuff I feel strongly about and some I'm okay with, but that's probably true for any fan.

Ask Frontier about Fraction's Hawkeye run, or Aaron's Thor, and see if you still think he doesn't mind anything.

He's just not as obviously rude as the rest of us in declaring his disinterest and dissatisfaction. Burden of being a mod, I suppose; thank the gods I'm not so I can bitch as much as I want to!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Ask Frontier about Fraction's Hawkeye run . . .
    Oh, goodie.

I had quite a few problems with Fraction's Hawkeye.

There are quite a few things he wrote I didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Ask Frontier about Fraction's Hawkeye run, or Aaron's Thor, and see if you still think he doesn't mind anything.

He's just not as obviously rude as the rest of us in declaring his disinterest and dissatisfaction. Burden of being a mod, I suppose; thank the gods I'm not so I can bitch as much as I want to!
    I like to think I was polite and reasonable even before I became a mod but I might have a dark history I'm trying desperately to move on from .

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

I like to think I was polite and reasonable even before I became a mod but I might have a dark history I'm trying desperately to move on from .
    :*

BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

I like the little moment Cyborg got today I’m just going to say it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

So uh I’ve noticed something about Dark Crisis so far from Death of the Justice League to today….no one’s actually died in this story.

Think about it, the Justice League are only believed dead whereas really they are in an alternate dimension to power whatever Pariah is doing. The only one who should really be dead, Green Arrow, is apparently alive in one of them too after getting smacked by Doomsday.

As for the Titans, Deathstroke via Pariah’s orders is deliberately not killing people, Changeling/Beast Boy got shot in the head but is alive somehow, and they didn’t even say if Chupacabra bit the big one with a bomb on him because as someone pointed out to me Nightwing apparently got it off him in time.

Instead heroes have actually come back if we look at the Green Lantern Corps, not to mention the JSA next issue, and a whole new character in Red Canary.

So yeah no one’s actually died as far as I can tell.
    Words to live by.

The scandal!!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Who doesn't?

Peace