Page 86 of 230 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 3441
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Johns run doesn't feel like Wolfman's at all imo. I love both runs, tho.
    Bart got his knee shot by issue two and became Kid Flash by issue four, so i'm confident that it was his intention to make him the next Kid Flash from the get-go.
    I think it's mostly the lineups that feel like they're similar. It's literally the New Teen Titans team plus Superboy, but with legacy characters. He even made it a point to bring back Raven, who had been long dead.

Also he basically turned Cassie into Donna lite. The book was good on it's own but it definitely has it's flaws.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I think it's mostly the lineups that feel like they're similar. It's literally the New Teen Titans team plus Superboy, but with legacy characters. He even made it a point to bring back Raven, who had been long dead.

Also he basically turned Cassie into Donna lite. The book was good on it's own but it definitely has it's flaws.
    They even did a cover homaging the iconic New Teen Titans cover:

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Johns was a spiritual successor to Wolfman's run to some degree. Or like the Titans kind of going back-to-basics.
    Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    It was mandated as well. Early Didio was trying to experiment with synergy and wanted a line up as close to the carton as possible (that's why we got the generations mixed up). Peter David has talked about it.

Personally, I don't find Johns Titans terrible or anything, but I don't really like the directions he went. I also feel tat the only character he got the voice right was Tim, and even then only before Infinite Crisis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They even did a cover homaging the iconic New Teen Titans cover:

Yes, I agree with most stated above. The villans used also followed the Wolfman and Perez New Teen Titans rulebook. Terminator, Brother Blood, Fatal Five, etc... And, don't get me wrong. It's not like I hate Johns' TT or anything, it's just that, as his works go, this one is low in my list, and there are other Titans runs I prefer much more. I enjoy nostalgia as much as the next guy, maybe even more, but I really don't like it when companys attempt to capture the same lightning in the bottle twice. It never works, IMHO. You can pay homage to something that was sucessful, but move on, try different things, mix the characters a bit. You may even attempt to recapture the spirit of a famous run, but do your own thing. Leave your mark. In some ways, I did prefer what he did after Infinite Crisis. Still not great, I think, but better.
    IMHO, DC has been stuck for decades in this rut of trying to re-do the original sidekicks Titans or/and the Wolfman/ Perez ones. Move on. There are dozens of Titans waiting for a chance under the spotlight. Use them. Do something different (and the mentor to new heroes hasn't been anything new for at the very least two decades). I say this as a really big Titans fan who'd like to enjoy reading them again.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 06-29-2022 at 09:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yes I feel like Johns Titans is basically Teen Titans Rebirth, like Flash, GL, the whole Rebirth line, the idea is bringing back familiar things while making a new thing out of it, and slap a good art with it. The Greatest Hits, Rebirth, shall we say.

Extraordinary Member
    Last edited by Hypo; 06-29-2022 at 09:15 AM.

New Character or a redesign for Emiko?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Guess that means post-Dark Crisis Dinah is dying in the not so distant future and this is her replacement.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Or maybe Sin.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Guess that means post-Dark Crisis Dinah is dying in the not so distant future and this is her replacement.
    Maybe, maybe not - could just be someone taking on that mantle while the league is off the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    We’ve got two Batmen, three Supermen, two Aquamen, three Flashes, and eight or so GLs running around and you think Black Canary is staying dead because now she’ll have a legacy with a different name?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Interesting. Not sure what to think.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Or maybe Sin.
    Could also add Lian to the mix I suppose - would put that below Emiko but above new character in terms of likelihood, how I would rank the possibilities:

1. Sin
    2. Emiko
    3. Lian
    4. New Character

Anyways I'm enjoying this era of Dan Mora doing character designs far more than the one where Jim Lee did all of them.

Could also add Lian to the mix I suppose - would put that below Emiko but above new character in terms of likelihood, how I would rank the possibilities:

1. Sin
    2. Emiko
    3. Lian
    4. New Character

Anyways I'm enjoying this era of Dan Mora doing character designs far more than the one where Jim Lee did all of them.
    Would it be Lian? I thought she was currently Cheshire Cat? Then again Williamson did say he’d pick up on the Lian/Roy story in Dark Crisis.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Maybe, maybe not - could just be someone taking on that mantle while the league is off the board.
    Oh I'm sure it won't happen overnight regardless of what her role in Dark Crisis happens to be. They usually don't rush those "big changes" since they know fans complain about them. So they will take their time with it similar to how they took their time with making Jon the new Superman. Post-Dark Crisis they will likely do some "Canaries" book first where Dinah mentors her and in a year or so give or take Dinah is somehow taken out of the equation and then the headlines about "the new and improved Black Canary" hit. You have to wonder if this still has any 5G written over it, since if Didio planned to "retire" all the big characters, I doubt Black Canary would've been an exception.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-29-2022 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    We’ve got two Batmen, three Supermen, two Aquamen, three Flashes, and eight or so GLs running around and you think Black Canary is staying dead because now she’ll have a legacy with a different name?
    Of course not, I said she could be "dying", not that she is "staying dead". And Dinah is herself a legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Interesting. Not sure what to think.
    Me too. Guess I'll wait untill we have more information.

Peace