Page 109 of 230 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 3441

Yeah, so that Mary is an AU version, and not the one from pre-Flashpoint.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah once Hypertime and the 52 earths were introduced the ending of CoIE was somewhat undone. We still have all the IPs on one earth so I guess the main goal of the event is intact. That was really what Julie Schwartz wanted.
    Unless I'm mistaken, weren't the 52 earths new ones that got created as a result of Alex Luthor's tampering?

I didn't think he had resurrected the original Earths.

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, weren't the 52 earths new ones that got created as a result of Alex Luthor's tampering?

They were but I was just referring to the multiverse concept that was gotten rid of after CoIE.

Incredible Member

Right, the new finite multiverse was created after Alex Luthor tried to create his perfect Earth, although all of them were the same universe with the same history, but Mr Mind "ate" parts of their time and that's how we got 52 different Earths.

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post

Didn't Mr. Mind also play a part at the end of 52?

So the multiverse without the infinite worlds is kind of like this:

52 Mapped Worlds that have changed that’s to reality shifts
    The Sphere surrounding those worlds which includes Gods, New Gods, and Darkseid
    The Dark Multiverse
    The Omniverse
    The Bleed that connects the Multiverse
    Hypertime that does it’s own thing

And now the return of the Infinite Multiverse
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

The 52 Multiverse was already growing beyond 52 Earths before the upcoming return of the infinite worlds. And more multiverses are being made. The monkey Earth Morrison made. The Earth Omega and Alpha Earth.

Convergence is mostly ignored, but the characters reincarnations and their old worlds into the new evolved worlds haven't been.

The last ongoing Hawkman already went into mutiple reincarnations across time and space.

At some point nearly everything will be solid realities.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    True, but I think that the original Crisis keeps getting undone because *there was nothing really wrong with the DC Universe prior*.

Besides, the ending of Crisis was made pointless by Crisis, itself, because nobody (except Psycho Pirate) would remember what happened.
    One key moment was Supergirl's sacrifice, which was a major character point for Doctor Light II. Her sacrifice inspired Kimyo.

Meanwhile, Levitz's idea to use Supergirl in the Legion as Sensor Girl was vetoed because Kahn wanted Supergirl's sacrifice to mean something.

But in universe, nobody even remembered her, much less the sacrifice she made.

DC Comics had existed for 50 years. Their Silver Age started just a few years before the Marvel Age began.
    Even if we just use the era from Barry Allen's first appearance up to Crisis, that's about 30 years with no metafiction plot crossovers created just to *fix* the history of the universe.

The original plans for Crisis revealed that Earth-2 was going to continue to exist after the event. Just cut off from Earth-1.
    They probably should have stuck with that until Thomas left Infinity Inc and the All-Stars. Then they could've done another big event that reconnected them.

Destroying Earth-2 and merging everything has become the catalyst for DC *fixing* their universe every few years since COIE.

It was nice to see Dr. Fate and Captain Marvel on the Justice League, but as Black Canary and Red Tornado had already shown us, they could've still come over.
    Matter of fact, Dr. Fate could've been stuck on Earth-1 (just so he could be put in the JLA), spending his time there looking for a sign that Earth-2 still exists.
    Power Girl and Huntress could've both ended up stuck on Earth-1, also, since they were both pretty popular.

With Supergirl dying (mostly because the movie flopped), Power Girl could face difficulties with people always comparing them.
    Huntress could've moved into Wayne Manor as Bruce's 'niece', or become roommates with Barbara.
    I knew about the idea of Earth-Two surviving but not that it would be cut off from Earth-One. To me, a truly "New Earth" cut off from the rest of the Multiverse would have been a great approach. Or, allowing several Earths to survive (One, Two, Three, Four, S, X, maybe a few others) and have them cut off from New Earth could have also worked. At the end of the day, "both/and" would have been superior to "either/or."

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Agreed. COIE was magnificent and influential, but it's beyond time the DCU stopped being beholden to it. We are approaching the point where we are almost as far out from COIE as COIE was from the founding of DC Comics itself. Enough already.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    YES! I think a lot of people consider it sacred because it was well-written and drawn. While this is true, the outcome was devastating and DC has never recovered. I don't know that it ever can (especially these days) but returning to the elegant idea of an infinite Multiverse (no orreries, no Omniverses, no Dark Multiverses, no Hypertime) would be the best way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Remember when Geoff Johns said DC Universe: Rebirth was returning "HOPE" to DC comics?
    He'd begun to do just that. In the two years he oversaw Rebirth, Wally West returned, Superman was restored, and the hope embodied in both the JSA and Legion was in the process of returning completely. Then Dan DiDio and Jim Lee returned from their "exile," DiDio brought in Bendis and encouraged Dark Metal Nights or whatever and Heroes In Crisis, and all of Rebirth's hope was gone.

Astonishing Member

Well, I guess people, who wanted to see Jon, Damian and Yara together finally got what they wanted. Considering, that they're now the only ''JL'' members, who stayed, lol.

Splashpage Crisis! There’s no story, but look at all the pretty splash pages!

I really like this issue, I just wish we actually got to see Red Canary. We allude to her origins but never see her in action. Probably next issue.

I loved the Hal Jordan and Green Lantern stuff, I liked the reason the Jon league fall apart it makes a lot of sense they would argue, and I liked the Legion of Doom.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

No more Black Adam playing good guy.

We had Supergirl and Power Girl in the same book but not the same panel. Damn.

Hal's section was okay.

I guess since we had Harley Quinn on the JL for a day, we have to deal with Punchline on the Legion of Doom.
    "Cable was right!"

I don't know if it's poorly written or if it's trying to meta, I just know it's not good.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Splashpage Crisis! There’s no story, but look at all the pretty splash pages!
    Pretty much this.

The art is definitely good, but we're half way through the event now with three issues and a handful of tie ins...and there has been no real forward momentum for the plot.

Now, don't get me wrong decompression is a legitimate storytelling tool, but if you're going to slow down the plot you have to fill the space with strong character development and emotional impact and Williamson just isn't delivering that. There's no character development here and although he tries to up the emotional element with Gar in the hospital and the Teen Titans standing around outside his room it was just a hollow moment.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member

Art is good. But that's it.
    It's really one of the most emotionless and boring events I've ever seen, lol. There's no character development, no impact, no feeling of large scale event. It's just emptiness.