Page 213 of 230 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3441

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    He was over in the Flash book with its tie-in. The entire flash family including Jay went off into the multiverse to look for Barry and when they succeeded they came back.
    Yeah I read the Flash tie-ins, but when the Flash family comes back in the main series he's not with them. Last time we see him is in the final Flash tie-in issue when he sees Linda in costume and has deja vu about Judy. After that he's nowhere to be seen in the main series, neither with the Flash family nor the JSA. His absence from the last JSA panel surprised me the most though.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-20-2022 at 02:30 PM.

Spectacular Member

My thought after the last issue:
    Oh shit, the big guy behind waller is maybe the Batman who laugh who come back XD
    Is what i thought when i see this teeth.

Kinda sad to see Waller more evil but this trajectory stay logical.

Curious to saw if the plot with Waller will become a event mini-serie, who will wrote this event and if we will have a new Suicide Squad title.

Well Williamson don't lied, they are no Justice League for the moment.

It's strange to not have a proper Justice League title for a long time. Do you think it will be a Titans or JL title who will come first ?

To finish, i found the event disappointing but interesting and like some scenes. It's one of the satisfying ending i read from Williamson foor now.

PS : It's funny to read that after Flashpoint Beyond #5, because when the woman they it's was not the Great Darkness durent this crisis. Welle she was right.
    Last edited by Dioman-san; 12-20-2022 at 02:14 PM.

Amazing Member

These events should never end on someone who isn't JLA status.

And Dick will never be there. Spare me the "but he's the first Robin, and Robin was popular in the 30s" nonsense. DC wants to push these characters in a direction that the fans have forever been abrasive to. Nobody cares that Dick was Robin and just like nobody cares that Echo is the current Phoenix at Marvel. Deathstroke is the villain of a children's book and that's all he's ever going to be. It was stupid to make him the surprise lynchpin of this darkness nonsense after pulling out a Crisis big gun in Pariah.

"Ooh, look, all these derivative characters we've created because we don't have any good ideas matter, guys."

They don't matter. They're nothing but future trademark burdens.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    My thought after the last issue:
    Oh shit, the big guy behind waller is maybe the Batman who laugh who come back XD
    Is what i thought when i see this teeth.

Kinda sad to see Waller more evil but this trajectory stay logical.

Curious to saw if the plot with Waller will become a event mini-serie, who will wrote this event and if we will have a new Suicide Squad title.

Well Williamson don't lied, they are no Justice League for the moment.

It's strange to not have a proper Justice League title for a long time. Do you think it will be a Titans or JL title who will come first ?
    I would assume Titans since Dark Crisis set Dick up (in a very lackluster way) to lead whatever takes the JL's place. There might be two Titans books, one centered on the Dick's team and a Titans West book (there's an upcoming anthology that mentions Titans West).

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I would assume Titans since Dark Crisis set Dick up (in a very lackluster way) to lead whatever takes the JL's place. There might be two Titans books, one centered on the Dick's team and a Titans West book (there's an upcoming anthology that mentions Titans West).
    These thematic anthologies rarely matter. If it was a story in Lazarus Planet, I'd be more inclined to believe a Titans West book is a possibility.
    DC need to get ONE Titans book right before thinking of spin-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryD View Post
    These events should never end on someone who isn't JLA status.

And Dick will never be there. Spare me the "but he's the first Robin, and Robin was popular in the 30s" nonsense. DC wants to push these characters in a direction that the fans have forever been abrasive to. Nobody cares that Dick was Robin and just like nobody cares that Echo is the current Phoenix at Marvel. Deathstroke is the villain of a children's book and that's all he's ever going to be. It was stupid to make him the surprise lynchpin of this darkness nonsense after pulling out a Crisis big gun in Pariah.

"Ooh, look, all these derivative characters we've created because we don't have any good ideas matter, guys."

They don't matter. They're nothing but future trademark burdens.
    Are you actually comparing Dick Grayson to Echo? I mean, c'mon. Nightwing is and will always be about a million times more popular than Echo whether she's Phoenix or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    These thematic anthologies rarely matter. If it was a story in Lazarus Planet, I'd be more inclined to believe a Titans West book is a possibility.
    DC need to get ONE Titans book right before thinking of spin-offs.
    Yeah I agree that we'll get a Titans book first and that DC needs to get the Titans right before considering a spin-off. I would love that to happen but I think an ongoing and a mini set in their past is more likely than East/West ongoing titles. I would love to see ongoing Titans and Titans West books though as long as A list creative teams were on BOTH.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I guess I'm “no one in the general public”. Tyler's Superman hits the heart of who Superman is far better than Henry's Superman; and I'd much rather see Tyler Hoechlin make the jump to the silver screen portraying the same kind of Superman as he is on Superman and Lois than to see Henry Cavill return. No slight to the latter intended; I think he's a great actor. But the interpretation of Superman that he was given is flawed, being tonally too much like Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy.

And “no Superman at all” is not an option: the CEO of Discovery has said that Superman needs to be aggressively pushed as the lynchpin of the cinematic universe.
    Im not debating whose a better Superman...

Its not subjective. Its an objective fact. The general population doesnt care about cw products.

Im thrilled you enjoyed Tyler's Superman. But no one saw it and no one cares. This is a fact.

A million or cw fans doesn't mean anything and is no way to hype the Superman character. Nor push the Superman brand.

How is this even a debate? Cw doesn't matter to the general population.

I mean shit apparently even Henry didnt have a significant enough following for discovery to want to continue with him either

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Im not debating whose a better Superman...

Its not subjective. Its an objective fact. The general population doesnt care about cw products.

Im thrilled you enjoyed Tyler's Superman. But no one saw it and no one cares. This is a fact.

A million or cw fans doesn't mean anything and is no way to hype the Superman character. Nor push the Superman brand.

How is this even a debate? Cw doesn't matter to the general population.

So you spoke to EVERYBODY on the planet?

That is what I thought.

Unless you are in everyone's household to monitor what they watch or read you do not really KNOW. Nobody does.

Nobody cared about a certain Vampire Slayer on a no-named network. I would say Buffy has been way more successful than A LOT of Dc characters. Who have been shoved in our faces to various levels.

Nobody cared about a group kids that MORPHED into super heroes. 30+ years later Power Rangers are still going.

Nobody cared about the Simpsons. 30+ years later they are still going.

It is okay if you don't like it but lets not act like everyone else didn't care for CW or any network.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    What a boring finale. Let this be the end of all the Multiverse bullshit please, DC is all out of ideas on what to do there. Like the League the multiverse needs to get benched for a while. Funny to read Waller say exactly how I feel about the multiverse. This was cool:

It's definitely well-drawn, but I couldn't help but chuckle a little that Black Adam gave everyone a literal Glow-Up!

And the ending tease was interesting:
    To me, I thought Waller would be more interested in manipulating metahumans to serve her purposes rather than kill them all, but I also haven't read the last SS series where it seems she became more extreme. Do we know Lady Peacemaker? Did she appear SS? From the looks of it, the Fusion baddie is likely Lex and Joker fused by a Yellow Lantern Ring. (but which Lex and Joker? Likely from another dimension?)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's definitely well-drawn, but I couldn't help but chuckle a little that Black Adam gave everyone a literal Glow-Up!

To me, I thought Waller would be more interested in manipulating metahumans to serve her purposes rather than kill them all, but I also haven't read the last SS series where it seems she became more extreme. Do we know Lady Peacemaker? Did she appear SS? From the looks of it, the Fusion baddie is likely Lex and Joker fused by a Yellow Lantern Ring. (but which Lex and Joker? Likely from another dimension?)
    No lady peacemaker was not in the last run.

The last Suicide Squad run had Waller go full villain, kidnap people from the multiverse, attempt to kidnap Titans Academy students, bust of space criminals from the green lantern corps jail cells, and then in a (terrible) crossover took control of Earth-3 and then used a device to make it go outside of the known multiverse. And that was last we saw of her I think until now.

Seriously I don’t recommend War for Earth-3, some might say stories like that are why I appreciate Dark Crisis.
    Last edited by sifighter; 12-20-2022 at 03:36 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

Her name is Peacewrecker apparently and this is her first appearance
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

That is...... not a good name

She only really makes sense if Waller's staring some kind of Peacemaker corps and outfitting a bunch of soldiers based off Peacemaker

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

That was the biggest whimper of an ending I've ever seen...
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

So can anyone make out any of the silhouette's of The Light?
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Sure looks like him

This image is cursed.
    What a boring finale. Let this be the end of all the Multiverse bullshit please, DC is all out of ideas on what to do there. Like the League the multiverse needs to get benched for a while. Funny to read Waller say exactly how I feel about the multiverse. This was cool:

This reminds me of Hal making everybody White Lanterns in Blackest Night.

Although all this Black Adam pushing is going to feel a tad silly in hindsight.
    Like homewrecker ?