Page 122 of 230 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 3441

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    There's literally zero reasons to kill them (and cause a huge uprorar among the fans) when they can just put them on an alternate earth and forget they exist. Which may even not happen - it all depends on possible future plans for these characters on TV or in movies.
    Yara had a show pitched which didn't get picked up. Jon's already on TV, but was split into two characters (Jon has the name, his twin brother Jordan has the powers). Harley's already got a cartoon, and one of the Blue Beetles has a movie coming up. Booster Gold was introduced on the final episode of Legends of Tomorrow. He should've become a series regular, but the show was cancelled.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm convinced the big death of this event is gonna be Hal Jordan. DC seems to be pushing John and it's certainly suspicious he is the only JL founding member that wasn't sent to a dream world by Pariah.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    I'm convinced the big death of this event is gonna be Hal Jordan. DC seems to be pushing John and it's certainly suspicious he is the only JL founding member that wasn't sent to a dream world by Pariah.
    I could see that also, don’t want it to happen though..

When was the last time Hal was dead for a while?

Was it when he was the Spectre?

I think it's because he's the only founding member not to be part of this JL line-up. But if their only way of pushing other GLs is by getting rid of Hal, then what does that say about them.

Though I'm pretty sure at this point he must be friends with Dream's big sister. He seems to meet her rather often.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-19-2022 at 01:13 PM.

Astonishing Member

I don't think Hal will get killed. So far I'm under the impression that the Lanterns will have two books, one about John (John Stewart: Emerald Knight), and the second will be about Hal, and maybe Jessica or Jo will co-star.
    I'm still betting, that Oliver is dying.

Would it really matter if they did? They killed off Wonder Woman in the last event and she's already back.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    When was the last time Hal was dead for a while?
    Was it when he was the Spectre?
    I think he was dead again for a little bit during "Blackest Night" and then again after he blew up Sinestro's Warworld in the first arc of "Hal Jordan & the GLC."
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-19-2022 at 04:19 PM.

Hal becomes Spectre again?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Yes, but I am under the impression that many longtime readers are more open to the concept "these characters still exist to a degree, they are just on a different world" rather than "these characters have been erased from continuity" or "these characters are killed in battle". It's just PR, because the consequences are more or less the same in all three cases - I mean, does anyone really expect New 52-Earth or 1985-Earth or whatever it was called to come back anytime soon if not for a couple of variant covers or maybe - MAYBE - a single panel in some continuity-twisting event?
    The ideas aren't mutually exclusive. All of the metaversal spin-off Earths are “these Heroes were erased from continuity, but continue to exist on an alternate Earth”; and they also include a few instances of Heroes who were killed in battle but continue to live on on an alternate earth. The Superman of Earth 52 is a prime example.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Hal becomes Spectre again?
    Did Jim Corrigan die again...?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did Jim Corrigan die again...?
    I mean Darkseid killed Spectre and Pariah is using him in his dark army during death of the Justice League so maybe
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I don't think Hal will get killed. So far I'm under the impression that the Lanterns will have two books, one about John (John Stewart: Emerald Knight), and the second will be about Hal, and maybe Jessica or Jo will co-star.
    I'm still betting, that Oliver is dying.
    I don't know about John keeping his book since the thorne story ended up being a one shot(which is a good thing imo.)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I don't know about John keeping his book since the thorne story ended up being a one shot(which is a good thing imo.)
    Thorne has advertised this new direction for John as being different from a GL, so I guess the question is if DC is willing to invest in it independent of a GL book or just still call it GL at the end of the day.

Astonishing Member

Barry dies. To undo more Didio.