Page 217 of 230 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 3441

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    It's a multiverse by any other name.
    Yeah, I agree. It didn't have that much impact (like basically all the ideas that were thrown in the event at the same time) and it felt more like it was a filler plot.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Are we going to gloss over the fact that for the first time since 1986, the Infinite Earths are truly back in play? Regardless of the quality of the story, that's a pretty momentous shift of the nearly four-decade-old status quo.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    It's been back since Hypertime in the late 90's, it was just been called other things or claimed to be finite. So finite, in fact that they pulled a whole Bat-themed dark multiverse out of nowhere. Actually, wasn't the point of Convergeance to return the Infinite Earths (but New 52 Earth was walled off or whatever)?

Just because DC now say the Infinite Earths are back doesn't mean they haven't been back, it's just branding.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Hbo max has 1% market share and about 46 million subscribers...

Generally we do hear more about trending shows hours viewed.... ive heard no one bragging about superman and lois trending on hbomax...

In any case even if 10% of hbomax subscribers watch superman and lois youd still only get about 4 or 5 million views. Im not sure if 10% is really generous or selling the show short...

Good enough for a show to be renewed. But warrent tyler appearing in another dc universes black adam movie... likely not.

Ultimately it didnt happen and that should be enough. No one at discovery discussed or hinted that was even a thought or possibility...

Ultimately if you enjoy that cw show then have fun with it. But i stand by what I said, the public at large isnt paying attention to tyler. And frankly no one really showed up for black adam either. The sequal has been cancelled.
    https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/hbo...re-1235272439/

Attachment 127406
    I love that we're getting all these "FACTS" in a Dark Crisis thread from someone who told us repeatedly that it was a FACT that Dark Crisis was great and that anyone that disagreed was a bitter hater.

Astonishing Member

Are we going to gloss over the fact that for the first time since 1986, the Infinite Earths are truly back in play? Regardless of the quality of the story, that's a pretty momentous shift of the nearly four-decade-old status quo.

I'd prefer it if they had stuck to the previous idea of the original pre-crisis multiverse being Multiverse-2 and the 52 Earths being Multiverse-1.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I love that we're getting all these "FACTS" in a Dark Crisis thread from someone who told us repeatedly that it was a FACT that Dark Crisis was great and that anyone that disagreed was a bitter hater.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/batm...stseller-list/

Screenshot_20221222_095133_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221222_095138_Chrome.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Sure looks like him

Yeah, that's Arsenal, but in Emiko's Red Arrow suit. I wonder if they drew the wrong costume, and it should've been Roy's Red Arrow suit from when he was in the JLA about 15 years ago?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

You mean like how at the end of Death Metal, the cap on the Orrery of Worlds was removed, the Omniverse was revealed, and we had infinite Earths in it?

Or the fact that Hypertime has provided access to infinite Earths as just one of its functions? Even now, it's doing in the holes that the new Infinite Earths have, like being home to the original Earths 1, 2, 3, 4, S, X, and so on.

If there's something here too celebrate about, it's that after Dark Crisis, DC will probably stop trying to “being back the Infinite Earths”. Maybe, just maybe, they might start using them now…
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Fantastic Member

Not sure what the sentiment here is as I just got done reading it but Dark Crisis has to be the worst event book DC has ever done and this final issue was one of the lamest comics ever. Felt like I threw out money.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    Not sure what the sentiment here is as I just got done reading it but Dark Crisis has to be the worst event book DC has ever done and this final issue was one of the lamest comics ever. Felt like I threw out money.
    Most of us just consider it boring and lame. It’s far from the worst unless you consider Heroes in Crisis, Countdown to Final Crisis, War Games, Trinity War, and others to be better. Mercifully it’s largely irrelevant and doesn’t seem set to have any impact on the line going forward.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

You do make a valid point. Back in the Silver Age, the idea of infinite parallel universes was a truly incredible idea. It inspired us to consider what could be different.

Now, decades later, fans are more jaded having seen this concept in many more places. Actual legitimate scientists talk about the possibility of infinite parallel universes. One universe, OK, I get it. But the limited fixed numbers of universes 52 brought seemed artificial. The universes are back and the sheer number dictates that the overwhelming majority of them will never be seen, but a writer is no longer limited to a multiple choice option. They can now go "fill-in-the-blank" or even essay questions. This is a powerful asset to superhero comicbooking.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Ultimate Member

There are 2000 comic book stores.

That list does not cover them and Bleeding Cool stopped doing that list because very FEW store owners bothered to reply.

6 states out of 50 do not mean much.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    There are 2000 comic book stores.

That list does not cover them and Bleeding Cool stopped doing that list because very FEW store owners bothered to reply.

6 states out of 50 do not mean much.
    Comics from the multiverse a dc podcast on Spotify lists the weekly top 10 comics from Comixology and dark crisis always makes the list or top 5.

Dc#7 also currently seems to be on the bestseller list
    https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/co...ForYouStrategy
    Screenshot_20221222_120103_Chrome.jpg

What indicators do you have that its not selling well?

Astonishing Member

It better than Metal and Death Metal, but that's a low bar to clear.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The universes are back and the sheer number dictates that the overwhelming majority of them will never be seen, but a writer is no longer limited to a multiple choice option. They can now go "fill-in-the-blank" or even essay questions. This is a powerful asset to superhero comicbooking.
    It is a powerful asset but one that is ultimately meaningless.

If they have a new series where each issue focuses on a different universe's set of heroes, after 1000 issues that is still only 1000 different universes covered. Being Infinite is meaningless.

If they have a new series where they focus on a story featuring characters from Universe 542, it will ultimately just be a story about one universe. Again, being Infinite is meaningless.

If they have a new series focused on Earth-1 or Earth-2 Batman/Superman, and have them traveling through out the multiverses, it will ultimately still just be a story about one set of characters (Earth-1 or Earth-2). Again, being Infinite is meaningless.

Even when the writers were 'constrained' with only 52 Earth's, the stories ultimately just devolved into having the main characters be from one universe.

Justice League Incarnate is pretty much the best case scenario, featuring characters from different universes. But, it ultimately becomes just the standard multiverse story - the entire multiverse is in peril, heroes have to band together. And that type of story has a very limited lifespan.

Incredible Member

I just read Dark Crisis #7 last night and really it's not much of an Event . It really seems that Pariah was defeated easily and then all of sudden it's all about Deathstroke and Nightwing .
    I do like Grayson the original Robin and now Nightwing , but making him kind of the center of this Event doesn't make much sense .
    If it raises Nightwings profile in the DCU then it's great . Many times he's not written that competent when really he should be .
    I kind of feel the same about throwing out money , as my Comic shop was sold out of the regular cover and I had to get a Variant that was $1.00 more .
    Probably could have read it in the store and saved a few bucks. Although I don't like to do that in general .