Page 160 of 230 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 3441

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    This sounds a lot like 'well he's my fave so #Pass" and that just kills suspension of disbelief.
    Except he wasn't given a pass, he worked to earn everyone's trust back with or without the garbage story's retcon. Initially he couldn't even believe that Parallax was an outside force, the character wasn't somehow handed an unearned redemption arc, when even before Rebirth he sacrificed himself and became the Spectre. For years people didn't trust him and he had to earn it all back, he was held accountable for his time as Parallax which is more than we can say for some other characters. Even in Dark Crisis you've had some characters still call him out on it all these years later.

Though if you wish to boil it all down to "my fave gets a pass" just to fit your personal narrative more power to you I guess.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-25-2022 at 02:00 AM.

https://darkknightnews.com/2022/09/2...ung-justice-4/
    So this guy reviewed it ,gave it a 8 out of 10,so now I know who NOT to trust when I look for a good review
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Sure, goes without saying there's sadly people like that on social media, but more often than not they're taken to task for the garbage they spew, particularly towards popular characters of color. I've seen lots of nonsense about characters like that and usually those people get rightfully dunked on afterwards. I don't really see that with characters like Hal who is being brought up for no other reason than to get crapped on since they know they can get away with it. From what I've seen, the people who do that usually don't need to be provoked or respond to someone who previously made a stupid comment about their favorite, they just attack the character and generalize his fanbase with no consequences at all. I think that's the main difference because when someone, say, makes a racist tweet about John they usually get what's coming to them, but when someone calls Hal a pedophile or rapist or he should be buried and never used prominently again, they not only never suffer any consequences for it, but they're only emboldened to keep doing what they're doing. In perspective I think that's why I don't really look at this as a "both sides" issue since the people on one "side" tend to get what's coming to them, while those on the other keep doing anything they like without ever being held accountable for it. But those are just my observations.
    Yeah! I actually have been seeing crazy **** like that. I seen some wild accusations towards Hal fans and those people never get called out for it for some reason. Hal fans aren't racist in general, but yet they get generalized because a very small minority would say something that's racist. I also seen Hal fans being questioned on whether they're a pedophile as well, because what was written about Hal decades ago when it was the fact that those things has been retconned. I never seen them get called out on their BS. There's absolutely no accountability given for their actions. I wonder would they be talking like this if Hal was a minority character.

This is the first I'm hearing the "Beast Boy becomes Deathstroke" rumor. I don't entirely see that happening (though I can't totally rule it out; DC's been dumber), but Gar's arc here does look like it's designed to launch him in some new direction. Which I'm personally fine with. Even discounting DC's mismanagement and brand assassination of the Titans, Gar always felt like the one who never grew up, never gained any depth. Even when written at the proper age instead of being treated like a teen, Gar still feels like a kid. I'm not into shock value change but in my opinion Gar really does require a tune up and upgrade. Becoming Deathstroke and going all 90's angst or something isn't the solution obviously, but the boy needs something.

Same thing was done to Bart, back in the day. Personally, I thought that killed the charm of Impulse, but maybe this time it'll turn out better.

And sticking my nose into the debate of Harley's redemption....I'm a Harls fan, and I'll fight somebody disrespecting that girl. And she's gotten a redemption arc. Whether it was sufficient is up to the reader, but her joining the Bats was anything but sudden; this has been building for years. And yeah, her real world popularity obviously plays a role. Just like it does with everyone else. Deathstroke got to sit with the heroes a few times too, despite being a slice of crap dressed like a person. He was popular. Wolverine gets to cut people to ribbons and all those staunch no-kill-code heroes let it slide. Logan is popular. Deadpool, same thing; dude is a psychopath who's killed hundreds of people, but the movie was good so he got to be an Avenger.

With Harls, personally I think her redemption arc has gone too far. She moved into anti-villain territory a long time ago and had largely become an anti-hero by the end of the Rebirth run with Palometti and Timm, but she never should have stepped over the line and become a straight up hero. Hell I wasn't totally comfortable with legit anti-hero status. And she'd *never* work with the Bat. But while I don't care for the direction I can't say it was unearned. We've been moving in this direction since what, probably Gotham City Sirens, and there were signs as early as Harley's first solo series with Kessel and Dodson.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Getting shot in the head doesn't seem as lethal in comic books these days. You go into a coma for a little while and come out with a "badass" eye patch, or you end up calling yourself Ric.

Astonishing Member

Only few more days.

Boopy loopy doo.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/09/30/dc...nite-earths-5/

Sideways just being happy he got invited
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I kind of wish the villains weren't being brainwashed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like the brainwashing is going to turn out to be contagious and we'll see some heroes have a heel turn. The writers keep doubling down on it and bringing it up, which makes me think its more than a plot device to justify/whitewash the actions of certain villains.

Extraordinary Member

Dark Crisis: The Deadly Green #1 Preview
    Writers: Dan Watters, Ram V and Alex Paknadel
    Artist: Daniel Bayliss

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, that's just lazy writing.

Issue 5 of 7: "We are on the edge of a massive crisis."

They've been telling us that since before the series started and, still, nothing has happened. This is pathetic.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if Alan is gonna get some kinda shadow ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Dark Crisis: The Deadly Green #1 Preview
    Writers: Dan Watters, Ram V and Alex Paknadel
    Artist: Daniel Bayliss

Jade looks great here!

Take a shot every time someone mentions "Darkness" in this story and you'll basically be in the hospital by this point.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Issue 5 of 7: "We are on the edge of a massive crisis."

They've been telling us that since before the series started and, still, nothing has happened. This is pathetic.
    Rumors were that DC was running a few Crises events before the big one. I don't think this is the final event, just another preview.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?